Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just told the kids that I'm CD

Breasts hair and lipstick tinaashley's Avatar

Smile Just told the kids that I'm CD

I have been planning this for some weeks but it has proved difficult getting the 2 kids (aged 21 and 17) in the same room at the same time. Finally tonight at the dinner table I told them I something to discuss with them. Before I had chance to tell them they told me that they already knew! My son had seen an email and my daughter had found a wig. They are both totally cool about it and have no problems whatsoever. I feel as if I have been let out of prison after a very long stretch. I can now come and go as Tina whenever I want. I feel so liberated and wonder why I was getting myself into such a state. My daughter asked if it meant I was gay - no; and if that was the reason I was a good cook! I feel great and free!!!

Hi Tina

I am glad it went even better than you could have expected
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Fantastic! I'm really happy for you. It's great your kids are so understanding.

Vicki

Yay, brill Tina. They are just the right age to tell. That must be a huge weiht off your mind
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Good thing everything turned out alright. It's such a risk at telling people when they're older. Sure your kids aren't exactly old themselves, but there's a lot stories I hear about kids not accepting their parents after they told them when they were over 25.

If I ever have kids I'm going to tell them as soon as they're able to understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by MissAmy View Post
    Good thing everything turned out alright. It's such a risk at telling people when they're older. Sure your kids aren't exactly old themselves, but there's a lot stories I hear about kids not accepting their parents after they told them when they were over 25.

If I ever have kids I'm going to tell them as soon as they're able to understand it.
    There are risks, of course, but when I told my grown children (all in their thirties), it was not only a relief to me but also a wonderful experience. All were quite accepting, curious about how I had keep my secret so long, full of questions, and supportive.
    It was a great relief to me to share my crossdressing with them.
    warmly, Linnea

I have found that it is a much bigger deal to us and our spouses, than to anyone else including our much more enlightened children. Congratulations and enjoy.

so i wonder if being a cd = a good cook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    My kids have known for several years that I CD because my ex told them. We have never talked about it. Don't know if CDing has anything to do with it but I am a great cook.

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile My kids knew as well.

When I told them they mentioned they knew about it for 15 years. Both my kids Vicky and Jeffrey, both adults are very supportive of me in my transition process. It was so liberating to finally be out to family and to be accepted to boot. It was a beautiful day for me..Enjoy your future life. Kimberly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

Thumbs up I try that

I also told one of my two girls , she was very surprised,She a also said that I should not tell this to my other daughter. I also explained to her that I have not changed in any way that this desirer as been with me all my life ,and I fell it was time for Trish TO BE FREE . Well I tryed to kind about it , she said to me, to watch out but also try to enjoy life.

Trish

Hmmmm.....I'm a CD and I'm a chef....seems to be a trend here about being a good cook. Of course, it could be just a coincidence.

That is so cool! Funny thing about being a cd is that it's like being a criminal--we gotta hide the evidence so we don't get caught.
    Bored? Try wearing a pretty dress. It's fun.

I have yet to come out to my two adult children but if they were to find out I will be open and honest about it. I am also a good cook, hm good question there. Glad it went well for you Tinaashley.

I'm so glad for your sake that it worked out so well. Does that mean you can be dressed in front of them anytime you're in the mood? You might want to discuss that with them so you don't change how they feel about your crossdressing.

Best of luck, Karen

Isn't it great to see how open-minded and accepting kids tend to be? Makes me optimistic for the future of the world. </sappiness>

Hrmmm......I'm a CD and can't cook anything more complicated than a bowl of Cheerios. I'm such a freak.

No - I am miserable cook.
    HURRY-UP, IN THE BACK SEAT!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    Tina, that is so great! I love it when things work out like that!
    -Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

Very happy for you and I know you are releived...I have 2 children, 24-D and a 21-S...I have yet to come out to them personally but they could know and I dont know it..In my earlier years Im sure I was careless like leaving something on my computer or a piece of clothing laying somewhere that I shouldnt have been....My 2 Sis in laws, 1 bro in law and my mother in law know and nothing has ever changed...If anything my SOs oldest sis and her husband have become even closer since they found out...They dont know that I know they know but its all good...I was sitting and chatting with my daughter today and the thought of telling her actually crossed my mind...

For the record...I dont know cook...I warm things and heat them up but thats not cooking to me....hehe...

DanaLynn
    Last edited by DanaLynn57; 12-06-2009 at 08:16 PM.
    DanaLynn

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    That's funny...I love to cook, and my wife can't stand cooking. I do not like to bake, though.

You'd think she could see the advantages to my crossdressing, such as this one.
    -Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

Tina you lucky girl. It's great that the kids understand, it gives you freedom. Don't abuse it too quickly.

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    Congratulations!

I feel like younger people are always more accepting of people who are different
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

Great that your kids were so accepting. I think it just show the about the relationship you have with your kids. I have a 4 year old and would never consider saying anything to him. He is just young to understand and I am 58 years old, so it might be a long time before he knows or finds out. Maybe he will find before I tell him

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

well

I'm told I cook very well! Put one more in that column!

tina

Gold Member
    I can berely cook water, I am the worlds worst chef.
    Chef Ramsey would be crying and cussing and pooping his panties, turning red and green and purple with anger, curled in the fetal position in the corner acting like a little B**** if he saw my kitchen skills.

And I would go over and kick his ribs a few times and say "Get up you little b**** and quit acting like a girl!"

Then I would toss him outside by the trash and throw him a kleenex so he could wipe his snot boogers while he was deep sobbing cause i suck at cooking...
    boy do I hate Ramsey...

wait what wass this thread about?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.