Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrestling with the TSA

Wrestling with the TSA

I recently took a plane trip while wearing a black calf-length skirt and black tights. I also had painted nails. I don't wear makeup/wig/forms - I just like the clothes.

In addition to the departure and arrival airports, I had a plane change as well. In all 3 airports I got some glances, and I noticed a couple of giggles. However, most of the people appeared too busy with their own travel to pay attention.

The fun part was during the security check. I got selected for a pat down. I stood on the little mat with the foot positions on it, and the officer told me to hold my arms out. After he did my torso and arms, he went into a crouch and reached out his hands towards my legs. He stood like that a moment, and then asked if I'd like to have this done in private - I said there was no need for that. He shifted from foot to foot, moving his hands back and forth trying to decide how to start. He looked like a wrestler looking for an opening. He finally went for it and did the usual run down my legs.

It was a bit difficult to keep a straight face as I walked away.

I think he liked you. Why do you think you were picked?

Banned Read only
    F***ing TSA perverts! If everybody just stopped flying for awhile, maybe this sh*t would stop.

I'm picked for a pat down about half the time. I must fit some profile - maybe I should try a different color of nail polish when I fly

"Would you like to do this in private", thats classic.

Love,
    Miss Karla

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda G View Post
    F***ing TSA perverts! If everybody just stopped flying for awhile, maybe this sh*t would stop.
    Naah. He was just a bit confused and probably never dealt with a skirt before. He was polite and just trying to do his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda G View Post

Yeah and maybe someone could smuggle a weapon onto a plane, or does that just happen in the movies?
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Banned Read only
    My daughter worked for TSA for three weeks and quit. She said "Dad, I just can't do the stuff they are asking me to do. It isn't right". She said she had to body search some very old lady, and probe around under corset stays, etc.
    Screw the TSA.

Because I have an artificial hip, I always get the pat-down treatment. I must say, though, that I have found the TSA personnel very professional and polite. Though seems inconvenient, I think that it is a small price to pay for better (not fool-proof) security on our airlines.
    Having said that, I have so far not flown en femme--so far. I think that your experience was really pretty fun.
    warmly, Linnea

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have an artificial shoulder on my right side and a pacemaker on the left. I get "wanded' every time I go to an airport since I cannot go thru the detectors with a pacemaker. Have never been "patted down," at least not yet. Might have to try a skirt and tights, to see if they will do it! Probably would be fun!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I fly a lot for work. Recently, I have started traveling in full femme on some of my flights. So far my TSA experience has been wonderfully uneventful. They have always treated me with professionalism and courtesy.

I don't mind the checkpoints. In the back of my mind I always feel like I am doing a strip tease as I pack my items in the bin for the trip down the belt. Off goes the jewelry, off goes the belt, kick off the shoes seductively with a little da da da.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Pat downs on stage!

The couple of times that TSA singled me out they did it in a spot that made me feel I was onstage!! No big deal but it sure gives the others something to watch...and then talk about! Woman TSA agents did the light patdown...nothing to hide,no worries..good to go.

A couple of months ago I was going through the TSA line at DCA / Washington National (in drab -- haven't flown as me yet) when a TG ahead of me was selected for a pat-down. The TSA girl was classy -- she asked "Would you prefer to be checked in private by a male or a female?" They should adopt this as a rule.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

"Would you like to do this in private?"
    To which the appropriate rsponse would be, "Sure -- buy me dinner first."

I had a decorative fihe hook on my hat that they would'n let me take on the plane Ok then with my meal they gave my a knife to cut the fool to wich i thought WTF.
    Angie

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Do u feel safer now?

Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    I had a decorative fihe hook on my hat that they would'n let me take on the plane Ok then with my meal they gave my a knife to cut the fool to wich i thought WTF.
    Angie
    Rediculous, isn't it, Angie? I've lost too many 1" pocket knife/file combos, and nail clippers to count! Never mine bottles of shampoo, water, even tooth paste!

Quote Originally Posted by linnea View Post
    Because I have an artificial hip, I always get the pat-down treatment. I must say, though, that I have found the TSA personnel very professional and polite. Though seems inconvenient, I think that it is a small price to pay for better (not fool-proof) security on our airlines.
    Having said that, I have so far not flown en femme--so far. I think that your experience was really pretty fun.
    As u can see from Linnea's post, it has VERY LITTLE to do with "safety", and more to do with flyer's, "feeling safe".

The most HONEST check in experience I had was in Malaysia! When entering the terminal, u could run your bags thru an xray machine. Or, go around it! They put a sticker on your bag after the xray. U couldn't check your bag in without a sticker.
    What was interesting about this, was AFTER u got your sticker. They gave u your bag back. To open, take into a restroom, or even out of the terminal, if u wished!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Smile

I say we all stop flying till the FAA dumps the tsa joke.

those who give up liberty for a feel of securty.
    derserve nither.

remember those who killed so many, did so as cowards.

rant off.

but it would be great to get "selcted" and be all dressed up :-)

flying while dressed

I fly a lot for work and have noticed a few passengers i believed to be CD's. I've always wondered what TSA might do if I was selected while dressed. thanks for sharing.
    Jane

I got a good laugh.

Looking at your avator, if that is you, he might not have realized it immediately that you wasn't a girl. The person checking ID and the person selecting for special checks are usually different.

If you want to feel safe, try Colombia. X-ray and/or hand check all bags before you get to the check-in counter. X-ray and hand check carry on items. Additional hand check of carry on as you prepare to enter the boarding tube to the plane.

The TSA does Security Theater-lots of show, little substance. Anyone who's flown since 9/11 has stories of inconsistencies, nonsense, and oddities that don't do anything but give terrorists what they want-total disruption of our lives and hatred of our government.
    Countess in exile
    Keep Calm and Dance to Morrissey
    Z and the Universe
    I'm also on Twitter and Facebook

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by divamissz View Post
    The TSA does Security Theater-lots of show, little substance. Anyone who's flown since 9/11 has stories of inconsistencies, nonsense, and oddities that don't do anything but give terrorists what they want-total disruption of our lives and hatred of our government.
    I live 3 miles from a hole in the ground that used to be filled with the remains of 3000 people. More than a couple were people I knew.

The TSA may not be perfect but at least they are doing something.

Melinda I don't think it is fair to call someone a pervert for doing their job. After all Kay was treated with respect and wasn't made to feel like one. As far as I can tell.

Sherry The terrorist that brought down the world Trade Center used a box cutter not much bigger than a one inch pocket knife.

The way some people stomp their little heals and throw these whining sissy fits every time someone in drag is asked to do something uncomfortable. Funny The OP the one who got patted down didn't have a problem. Funny Huh?

A poor TSA worker respectfully trying to do his Job, All of a sudden he is a Pervert, Stupid, Useless, and my favorite causing disdain between the American People and the government, giving the terrorists what they wanted in the first place LMAO!!!

If you want to be treated like women grow up and act like them.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by DaphneGrey; 12-07-2009 at 02:44 PM.

I believe that we need to show respect to the TSA for the job that they are doing. They are not perfect, but then again are you?
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

TSA is a joke 90% of the time

I have flown where I carried a cell phone and checked a large heavy shipping case full of electronic equipment I buit that had no manufaturing markings on it. This is test equipment I use to chack and align profession audio equipment.

The case was not even xrayed and if it was, the FBI, TSA, Secret Service, etc would have been on me like crazy. Inside were a dozen metal canisters (audio transformers) with attached wires, various circuit boards, tools, etc.

After I landed I mentioned to the TSA agent hanging around the claim area that I was appaled that it was not checked and I remeinded him the the pan am flight was brought down with a bomb much smaller than my case I as an engineer it would be a no brainer for me to build such a gadget. That being said, I have seem little old ladies and kids screened much more carefully than I was and that proves to me that there is very little education among these folks as to possible scenarios. It is a show-nothing more.

As I was talking with a seat mate about the silly lack of quality inspection that nets nail clippers, he pointed out he was on the plne with a bic pen. Makes a great weapon as he pointed out.

Last week I was at Burbank airport and aw one of us being rudely accosted as he was androgenous and not at all like his photo ID. The TSA rubes were ruder and publically humiliated him. If I had not been running late I would have made myself known to him as a witness to the abuse. If I see it again I will.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 12-08-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: comment removed

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar

Ah do believe Ah'll faint

Quote Originally Posted by DaphneGrey View Post
    I live 3 miles from a hole in the ground that used to be filled with the remains of 3000 people. More than a couple were people I knew.

The TSA may not be perfect but at least they are doing something.

Melinda I don't think it is fair to call someone a pervert for doing their job. After all Kay was treated with respect and wasn't made to feel like one. As far as I can tell.

Sherry The terrorist that brought down the world Trade Center used a box cutter not much bigger than a one inch pocket knife.

The way some people stomp their little heals and throw these whining sissy fits every time someone in drag is asked to do something uncomfortable. Funny The OP the one who got patted down didn't have a problem. Funny Huh?

A poor TSA worker respectfully trying to do his Job, All of a sudden he is a Pervert, Stupid, Useless, and my favorite causing disdain between the American People and the government, giving the terrorists what they wanted in the first place LMAO!!!

If you want to be treated like women grow up and act like them.

Just my two cents.
    Sorry, it grabbed the whole thing instead of just the last line. The TSA tells itself that it does it's job. Do we believe that? I guess it's case by case basis, but the old saying is, "Everything Costs Something." All these abuses and inconsistancies are only a small part of the price we pay for a lot of government agencies trying to CYA at the public's expense. When ALL public officials flying go through the same treament the rest of us do, then I might be more of a believer.

Although, it might be interesting to get that pat down while in femme and see what they find hiding up there.

XXs,
    Mickey
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Cook View Post
    A couple of months ago I was going through the TSA line at DCA / Washington National (in drab -- haven't flown as me yet) when a TG ahead of me was selected for a pat-down. The TSA girl was classy -- she asked "Would you prefer to be checked in private by a male or a female?" They should adopt this as a rule.
    I'd answer - Who's the cutest? I know, I'm a sl*t!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.