Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What has 2009 meant to you?

What has 2009 meant to you?

When the clock struck midnight on December 31st, my only resolution was that i would make none. I wanted the year to unfold as it would, without me guilting myself that promises had been left behind. Two big accomplishments for me which i'd had no intention of achieving were to tell some of my best friends that i'm tg, and to tell my sister. I thought my world would end if I were to tell these people, i also thought my world would end if i stepped out the front door and for people to see me how i am. Yet it's nearly 2010, and i'm still here breathing.

So,,,,,what has 2009 meant to you?

x flic x

While I haven't "come out" ...I've gone out, more than I have in previous years. A very nice feeling of freedom to be the person I want to be, when I choose to be. I don't always have to be dressed to the "nines" but I find that no matter what clothes I have on, I can still feel right about myself. The acceptance level at home has increased a bit, mostly because I've demonstrated by actions and careing that I'm still the same person I always was, just liking to wear different clothes, and feeling comfortable doing it.
    I guess if the next year is similar to this past one in my progress, then, I get this odd feeling that somewhere along about 2015, I'm gonna be looking at a "full" change in everything. Don't wanna think about that now or even make any sort of "time line" for myself, perhaps it'll never happen, or maybe it'll happen quicker than I think.
    It's just that last year, ( 2008 ) the thought wasn't even there, this past year ( 2009 ) ... I've given some consideration to the possibility of maybe I might think about some sort of "change"
    Just don't want to rush into anything.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

2009 has to be the best year for me

It was the year I found Kara and my life has changed forever. I am never going to get rid of her again

Lots of Love,
    Miss Kara

This was the year that I decided to tell my [grown] children that I crossdress. I did it, and it has been a wonderful experience and a great relief to me.
    warmly, Linnea

2009 has brought many new and wonderful experiences for me starting with my fiancee meeting Kim for the first time in March. My wardrobe and overall presentation experienced a major overhaul thanks to her efforts. For the first time ever my femme wardrobe is actually hanging in the closet as opposed to stashed in boxes and bags. This year has brought opportunities for Kim to venture out more than ever before with her by my side. However, the best of all for 2009, and any other year for that matter, was marrying her in October.

Sorry to say 09 was no big deal and I don't think 2010 will differ.I'm not down about it I'm happy where I'm at. Thing are going pritty good. work is still going strong for me. Life is rolling along ant that's all that matters.
    Angie

It has ....well it bites. There are good things and bad things. The good things are associated with Lori. She is more out now and she doesn't care what the world thinks (and so far the sun has come up every morning). The bad is the world in general. Economy, war, disease, hunger. The division of the US growing more each day and the inability of some areas to not want to learn and grow (which I believe many members here must live because they have fears of being out...can't blame them much).
    And worst thing about 2009. I lost my best friend and companion to cancer. So 2010 has to be better right?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Ask again later, Flic!

Mine's NOT over yet! I expect a little more CD FUN before 2010 shows it's face!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Never forget to dream Raquelle C's Avatar
    2009 is a year that will be remembered for quite some time. All the great & some bad too. Not to talk about the bad... All the good; - went out for the first time & had a blast. - made some great friends. - accomplished the majority of my goals overall. Don't think you can ask for more than that!

Yup, and it's not over YET!!!
    ~ Kellie

Visit us at www.sixandthecity.net Pics, Events, Blogs and just lots of girly fun!

"It takes a REALLY big man to fill my shoes"
    -Madonna

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Well 2009 has been a book of changes, First off I finally told my wife of 15 years that I crossdress this happened on July 2nd. She is not accepting but she is tolerant to a point. She has seen pics of Keri but that is about it. I lost my great paying job on July 26th. Have been out of work since. I have been offered 2 jobs and turned them both down. A door to door salesman selling $2000 vacuums (yea right) and then and insurance agent (all commission) mostly selling long term care policies. Then I decided I would go to college (online but still college) This has just started in December but OMG I feel so out of place. So I wish I could start 2009 all over. Oh yea and I finally admitted to my wife that I kinda like listening to some Madonna songs. I would always change the station whenever she came on before I told her. Strange but true. Can't wait to see what 2010 has in store for myself and family.

2009 has been the most important year in my life. Describing it wouldn't even fit the word limit of one post.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Gold Member
    Not real eventful.
    We did our bankruptcy, and a few other things went on.
    Started beauty school, problems got worse...

I think 2010 will be a very interesting year. If things go as planned, I will be able to start living full time as Erin.

2009 will be soon forgotten. 2010 will bring some life changing events for me.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Smile

that I am still alive and having fun.

130 mph impact speed, front rim pushed into drivers area.
    not my falt other driver doing over 90 mph.

IMG_0051.JPG
    Last edited by Loni; 12-07-2009 at 12:39 PM. Reason: trying to get photo to show up

2009 has been a life changing year for me. I got laid off a job in July, hit by a car on a training ride in August, got engaged the same day, ticked a major life goal of racing in Hawaii in October. Just got back from the unemployment office for the first time in my life. Hopefully 2010 will be better on the employment front but its going to start off with a bang by getting married in January. As far as CDing goes 2009 wasn't that bad and 2010 will probably be the same. And I am good with that.

Smile Coming out in 2009

2009 was a great year for me because i finally came out of my closet and introduced Elvira to the rest of the world when i joined this forum! Getting to know others like me and because of all you wonderfull girls out there , i was able to go out in public for the first time ever! I have gained a lot of confidence as Elvira and i realy appreciate and love all you girls for giving me the courage to show the world who i realy am! Lot's of love and kisses to all the girls ! Your gal pal from South Africa! Elvira
    Just a mistress of the dark wanting to have fun !

2009 is the first time I allowed myself to just be Spacey and I'm loving it so much. Rediscovering makeup. Lol! and getting the courage to try new things like getting out. all be it just a little drive in the car so far but a start. Making new friend and the support that they have given me has be amazing. I'm not alone anymore.

2009 has been great!. I discovered this wonderful site. I finally got the nerve to go shopping (in drab) and can't stop. And, I went out dressed for the first time on a shopping adventure, no wig no makeup just jeans, clogs, a nice blouse and appropriate underattire. I was scared s***less. But now that I have done it a few times, and like others have said, "what a rush!!!". Thanks to all for the encouragement and advice. I hope 2010 brings more new adventures. Have a safe and happy New Year to all!

Gold Member
    2009 has been a year of discovery for me. I finally decided to explore, fully, my female side, and it's been an eye opening experience. Meeting everyone here has really brought out Miranda, tho I'm still a bit insecure about going out in public, yet I attended Be-All this past June, and went out clubbing afterward!!!! Other than the usual economic woes and what not, this year has been a good for me. 2010 should be even better.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    2009 has been the year that Kathi has really come into her own. 2009 is the year that I finally decided to stop giving in to my sense of embarrassment, fear and shame, and let myself get out there and have some fun! And oh, what a fun year it has been. It's amazing that I joined here only January of this year. In that year, I have gone out multiple times, made friends both here and in "real life" and basically stopped thinking that "one day" I would go out. Instead, "one day" became "today."

Kathi

Was an unexciting year.... one year closer to death.... Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Interesting year to say the least....

Finanlly got to go out on a regular basis shopping and clubbing...

Marriage took some major speed bumps but we seem to have survived that and are moving forward...might turn out to be a good thing in the long run...

Made it to Florida but only for 10 days...my goal now is to start a business online & be so successful with it that I can move back and forth with it from Florida to here...since all I'll need is a laptop...hey one can and must dream to have purpose in life....

Wife and I both lost our jobs this year, but we've both rebounded fairly quickly with new jobs...well she got a new job and I went back to an old job but in a different capicity...but to an enviroment I love to be in...

Looking forward to new opportunities, new challenges and new expereinces....which all combines to bring about this simply fact....it's called living life to the fullest which I hope to begina dn continue into 2010...and see what happens on 12-21-2012...( hee hee hee)....
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    2009 was a mixed bag for us. On a positive side, it was the first time in my life I've shared a home with another human being since I moved out of my parents' home many moons ago. Its been really wonderful here at the new house and I love having my SO to snuggle with every night!

It was also the first year I ventured out into public and actually mingled with John Q. while in femme-mode. That has been a wonderful release of pent-up frustration and unnecessary fear from my perspective.

Also, we dealt with a merging of households and the death of a family member happening both at the same time. That's the toughest of tough situations and I don't care to re-visit the emotional strain and pain that we felt during those difficult weeks. I wish that on no one.

Hopefully 2010 will be filled with more days of positive events with many less of the negative...

Happy Holidays!

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by flic
    What has 2009 meant to you?
    [SIZE="2"]I’ve had some frustrations with my artwork, but that’s nothing new – right now I’m struggling to get something done before the arbitrary boundary line of 1/1/10 is upon me. I remain optimistic at all times, as long as I don’t think about things too much…

As far as crossdressing is concerned, I’m happy I restored an active forum presence back in July. It’s fun to just be among everyone, chanting a daily mantra about the forbidden pleasures we embrace. I was originally worried I would find little to write about, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised at the variety of topics worthy of discussion. It just feels good to be an active crossdresser, both in words and actions – it’s like a warm hug that never ends. In this regard, 2009 has been a very good year…[/SIZE]

It's been an expensive year.
    I bought a house in Florida that I didn't really want. It's become a money pit. I made a bad investment thea cost me over 100k.
    I hope 2010 is a better year financially for me.

2009? Let's see...hmmm...picked my name, took my picture with a camera for the first time (really...only after a couple of decades of cd'ng), joined here and a couple of other sites, posted my photos...went out of town to meet another cd for lunch (in drab) oh, dieted to lose weight and shaved my entire body smooth and keep it that way now, started to question my own preferences, so not much really.....