Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What has 2009 meant to you?

I am looking forward to 2010 so Vanessa can go out more!

In 2009 I finally went to therapy and discussed my gender issues. Felt good to tell someone and I hope 2010 will be better for me.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Every year is unique and intense for Tina since this is only her fourth year

Tina found her voice this year. Gone is her basso and arrived are her feminine inflections. It took a while to figure out, and she's still not totally comfortable with every syllable. It just takes a while to figure out how to talk expressively without that booming bass!

Tina is finally comfortable with makeup. She can do her face in about 30 min and knows what it will look like when she is done! Amazing, huh! I'm sure 2010 will be the year of different looks. I still don't have any bronzer..

After buying bits and pieces of clothing, and a few total failures, she finally has a couple outfits that she's really comfortable wearing in everything from a long black dress to jeans and a boucle sweater...and, of course the matching heels!

This was also a year of skincare: learning how to moisturize everywhere every day. Her body is definitely a better template for her clothes and makeup.

The big Tina frustration of the year is that she is just tongue-tied when it comes to "gossiping" with her girlfriend. She just hasn't learned the idea of it all. There seems to be some barrier that this activity, along with the free use of her voice, puts up and suddenly the completely feminine-feeling Tina gets shy. I do hope 2010 lets us get by this frustration.

All in all, it seems that 2009 was a year of smoothing over many of the issues that all of us face becoming our feminine selves. Although none of the issues that comprise this year are earth-shattering, put together I realize that Tina has really come into her own this year. She is really much more comfortable with herself and we look forward to 2010 to remove any last physical and emotional barriers to the expected smooth and rapid transition from one gender to the other!

It's so great to have this bigendered gift! (even when it is incredibly high maintenance!!!! )

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Tina

Coming out and being Steph in public....improving my over all appearence....re-investing in my marriage, a career change and going to start an online business and should launch right after the first of the year selling to the CD and T/G community....and health is still going strong....so yeah interesting year and surely not boring!!! But then again, life shouldn't be boring now should it....
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Trans Adventurer supreme RobertaM's Avatar
    Kinda boring year for me.

-Jan 2009 dressed out for the first time!
    -been shopping now many times
    -have been thru major mall in daytime dressed
    -two major photoshoots
    -clubbing in big city tranny clubs
    -clubbing in bdsm clubs
    -can do my own makeup prettY good
    -have explored my sexuality
    -have met many online and in person tg friends!!!!!
    -was featured on a major tg site http://genderfun.blogspot.com/search/label/MAIL
    -still able to say that im married, but is a struggle
    -met and been councelled by a psychologist, (who is a cd too!!)

I have been thru a emotional rollarcoast of trying to find my gender and sexuality identity. I have so many new friends that have touched my heart. and i hope them. This site has been a godsend.

THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST YEAR OF MY LIFE!
    Last edited by RobertaM; 12-22-2009 at 01:26 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Vancouver Home 2010 olympics!

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    2009 was the year that I started my transition. It has been a slow start which is gradually gethering momentum as my confidence increases. The year has been a very positve start in coming out to friends and family and being accepted by the general public, with a very few exceptions. I have gained some new friends from the TG community and on this forum.

Nest year I will be going full time, starting my RLE, changing my name and starting on hormones.
    living the dream

oh

2009 was the year that i realized that im not indestructable and to be a little more careful

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flic View Post
    what has 2009 meant to you?
    2009 was the year that I gave up fighting my true self (after best part of 40 years) and admitted that I am a crossdresser.

First I tried to shame myself out of it - but just found out that I love cross-dressing.

Then I was determined to be "a bloke in a skirt" - but discovered that this is not enough

Next I found a new friend (married GG) who has turned out to be my absolute bestest friend ever - and she makes beautiful jewellery as well!

About this time I discovered crossdressers.com and also discovered my name

I have been pushing the envelope with regard to dressing in public and partial dressing for work.

I also found a beauty salon where they accept me for who I am although they still know me by my other name

Now I have some true friends on this site and have recently been helped out of the densest pink fog ever to surround me.

I might even have found an ally at work in the form of a GG who has worked out that I like to feel comfortable by wearing women's clothes.

What will 2010 be like? Difficult financially, but an opportunity to discover more about the real me.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Chewies sister-moulted!
    2009 .....I'll celebrate it's passing gladly . It has been a terrible testing year , avery nasty injury ,illness , redundancy , money worries .... it's taken a hell of a lot out of my wife and I .

What has 2009 meant to you?

it been a wonderful year for bringing out my female side

Comming out

2009 was a eventful year for Daviolin. I came out to my wife. Which has been a real roller coaster ride for us both. I also told my oldest son. He was very good with it. He allways thought his dad was a little weird. He didn't condeme me for it. I plan on telling my younger sonand daughter before the year is up. Wish me luck girls. By 2010 Daviolin will be a liberated woman.flickr.com/photos/daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

-Got my license to drive

-Got my car

-Bought my own lingerie, dresses, blouses, and skirts.

-Found wonderful communities like this one.