Thread: Just had to share

Just had to share

OMG so many new firsts for me this last week! I must be getting more confident, braver, or just losing my mind, but whatever it is, I'm having the time of my life and don't plan on stopping! Just had to share my excitement with my sisters who can probably understand my excitement.

For starters, I went on my first clubbing experience this last weekend. On Friday I got dressed to the nines with my dancing outfit (black skirt and top of course) and danced the night away until late. It was a TG freindly place and met lots of nice people. Especially loved everyone calling me "mam" and "sweetheart". So of course I had to go again back again Saturday night as well.

The whole experience must have kicked my confidence levels up a couple of notches, because this week I went out first time in daylight all dressed. I was going to a wig appointment and had my fem jeans and top on, comfy shoes, made up nicely, and casual wig. I had to stop to fill up the car with gas and nobody really noticed me as anything different. I just stood there and decided to enjoy filling the car full of gas and not rush the experience. I then drove all the way across town to get to the hair place, where I bought a couple of wigs that were all nicely fitted and styled for me. The ladies there were awesome and gave me many good suggestions for styling and wig care.

I then went to a local bank and pulled money out of an ATM to pay for the new wigs. In the past I would have been scared S_ _ _less to do something like that but this time it was totally normal to me and I didn't think anything of it. Nobody appeared to notice me as TG or at least didn't really care one way or the other. And better still, I didn't care either!

So that was my week, one of the most incredible weeks of my life. Probably one of those "defining moment" weeks that they talk about. I feel much more confident, and dont feel I'll be crushed in the future when the time comes that someone clocks me or ridicules me. This all opens up so many new doors, it is SOOOOOO exciting.

Sorry for my blabbering, I just had to tell!
    Something happens and I'm head over heels.

Thats awesome Theresa. I see you are from Kansas, what part? I am in Overland Park. When I first started trying on skirts, I got up the nerve to hit a drive thru fast food place. (after dark of course). It was thrilling to be out in public for the first time. Sounds like you are way ahead of me but it is great to hear you had so much fun.
    Ellie

That is great theresa, glad you are being yourself and enjoying it. Hugs

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Wow, sounds like you dove in with both feet! Good for you. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Kathi

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar
    Isn't it awesome? I totally loved being out like that. Scary but such a rush, too. Good luck and enjoy.

XXs
    Mickey
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

Chaos is a friend of mine April Renee's Avatar

Thumbs up

Awesome! Fun aint it?!
    Good luck to you and your next time out.
    April

Theresa that was a great story and a great week for you. They'll be no stopping you now.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better