Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to sit with legs crossed

Crossing Your Legs If You Are Tall or On A Low Seat

I thought this was a particularly good demonstration of how to sit with your legs crossed when you are tall, wearing high heels, and sitting on a low seat. Very elegant and feminine!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

"Slipping into stockings, stepping into shoes"
    The shortness of life prevents us from entertaining far-off hopes. From Horace’s Odes, Book 1,4

Ooh hard one as I do not have the spread in the pelvic area to get a closed cross off perfectly so I sweep them together, under and to one side instead.
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Gold Member
    I can do it if sitting in just the right position. It is not natural for me, and even to do so I kind of have to use my arm to force my leg into position.

Don't feel bad if you struggle.

Thing is, sitting with knees together seems to take a constant effort

My legs suck
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    Put a blanket over your legs and sit however ya want!! LOL

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    Put a blanket over your legs and sit however ya want!! LOL
    THAT would not draw any attention
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

lc222.jpgkl.jpg I can sit like this for hours. Never really been a problem or anything that I have had to consciously think about.
    Last edited by kellycan27; 01-26-2010 at 10:34 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Maybe Bobbie can come to Vegas and show me in the outfit she's wearing? Then I'm going to steal her pumps

Actually, I find it quite comfy to sit like this.

Tucking is definitely the key for me! Anyone I tell about tucking is amazed that it doesn't hurt when they are up in their new home. It's out and about that the danger occurs.
    And now losing weight is helping a lot.
    I have a couple thin male friends who can cross their legs nicely, so it must have something to do with the thigh size.

I like the normal cross, and just tried the double cross. I can sort of do it right over left but it does hurt a bit. Left over right hurts too much on my back right now.
    I also like the knees together crossed ankles.

Just need to shrink my thighs some more!!

For me right over left is easy, the other way not so much.
    good luck just keep working at it.

Tina L.

I walked up and down stairs for a living. I find I have too many muscles to do it very easily. Most of the time I fail. When the chair is high enough I can fake it.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I do

sometimes
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (12.5 KB, 250 views)

I quite naturally cross my legs appropriately - I find the other way uncomfortable for my hip (I am stretching out my hip in this way as part of my exercise program). I have never found sitting with knees together with feet parallel to be comfortable but as stated already this may be muscle strength ( hence the shaking and quaking) as opposed to flexibility. I may give it a try as an "at your desk" exercise. I do not have overly muscled thighs and am quite proud of my calves and ankles....Dee

I didn't know you had to learn how. I have sat like that naturally since I was young.

Aspiring Member
    This thread inspired me to change avatar last night

First visit today to this thread. I can totally do what the original model is doing but it's not all that practcal, or maybe better said it's not all that natural. More like a way to pose for a camera unless you do that angle thing and then it feels totally natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    One way to do it is to angle your legs to the same side as the lower hip, as Rachel Weisz is doing in this photo...
    Yup, as I said above, love that look!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    And, of course, once you get that down and it becomes comfortable, you can go for the very feminine double cross
    OMG, I can totally do this too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by azcdinhose View Post
    As previously mentioned angling your legs does help, as does sitting up straight and on the edge of the seat. Lastly point your toe down to the ground. This is one of my favorite ways to sit with my legs crossed.
    Never mind the cross, your heels are so very pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlee View Post
    I had to hold them together for the pic but this is the result, looks very feminine if you ask me.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...e/DSC_0632.jpg
    An absolutely beautiful pose Ashlee!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I take a yoga class regularly, and one of the first things that I learned was that every body's different. I can sit in hero pose (sitting up on bent knees) and put my butt to the floor between my legs. But I can't sit in seated position legs straight out without a block under my butt. I also learned that both sides may not be the same.

So I can easilt do the right over left double cross, but it's a stretch left over right, although parallel is no problem.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Men can do it, but i don't think it comes naturally as it does for women. Although they are trained from almost birth to sit and cross that way. I remenber sitting in a waiting room with the young girl and her mother. All of a sudden I hear her mother say in a low voice..."close you legs". I guess the girl was sitting like a little boy would sit with knees apart. it was interesting to see how people are trained and social behaviors renforced from such a young age.
    ~Maxi
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Tried it last night wearing pantyhose. Was a mojor challenge; will need lots of practice! As someone else noted, crossing legs the way GG's do it is much easier if you are sitting forward on the chair

I think we need wider hips to carry this pose off comfortably!
    Charlie

Interesting question. Now that I think of it, I feel more comfortable with my legs crossed like a man's. Yet, I will not do that when dressed.
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    The thickness of you thighs is also a factor. I find with the right chair I can do a good cross

Smile

miss south carloina was on a talk show, and had her lower legs inline, could have put her foot crossed again.

lucky and cute girl.

Crossing Legs

I can't cross my legs due to two hip replacement (doc's orders). Therefore I have to sit with them close together. Here is a pic, not one of my best and I don't think I look good as a blonde, so consider this a community service.

hugs,
    Blonde 5.jpg
    Dana Fleming