Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to sit with legs crossed

How to sit with legs crossed

OK- this is likely to sound silly but how are your legs arranged crossed but still parallel when they sit with a dress- I'm talking about this: http://verbalsnapshots.files.wordpre...ossed-blog.jpg

Crossing the legs in guy mode is easy but managing this - I think there must be a trick I'm not getting.

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar
    It's a matter of stretching the muscles and hips to do what women seem to do naturally. Cross your legs and keep bending them over the opposite knee till they are both parallel at the feet. Until then you can cross them at the ankle and keep both legs together as a "get by" until you adapt to the other. I also found some chairs are easier to work with at first. A straight backed kitchen chair will be easier than, say, an over stuffed living room chair.

Good luck and enjoy the compliments.

XXs,
    Mickey
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

Nice pic, but I hear ya! I sometimes find it rather uncomfortable to get a super girly leg cross like that done. I don't know if it's due to the extra pieces or what...but I will still try and bare the lack of comfort!

leg crossing

first off a GG does not have what I have but if the stool or chair is high enough it makes it a lot easier. You still have to force and hold the top leg in position, but it can be done, just not for very long at a time. TOTALLY uncomfortable after just a few seconds. take the pic quick.....
    No these are not womens clothes!! THEY ARE MINE, EVEN THE HEELS. (update 4/01/10) THEY ARE NOW ! ! !

I know you asked about keeping the legs parallel when crossed, but this is a hard position to sit in comfortably for extended periods of time even for GGs. It is good for picture poses though!

This is the more natural way that GGs cross their legs, even while wearing a skirt, with the foot extended outward.

Attachment 103330
    Reine

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    Muscle mass in the legs must be a factor here as well. I'm not at all a flexible person (I can't touch my toes) but I only had minimal problem with this until I had a bad case of the flu a couple years ago. It was then when I lost some muscle mass all over, and since then I've been able to do this type of pose with ease.

Since womens hips are hinged fruther apart than mens its easier for them to do that.. Personally I have zero problem or discomfort crossing my legs and sit pretty femininly no mater how I'm dressed... Tucking actually helps.... In my humble opinion.

Last edited by Karren H; 12-08-2009 at 01:54 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It's not a silly question at all. A lot of guys struggle with this. Even some GGs have trouble with it. This is something I always home in on when watching GGs on late night talk shows, and if it's not done correctly it can be one of those "tells" that give us away.

• If you are significantly overweight or have very muscular thighs, this is going to be virtually impossible. Even if you can get your legs crossed at all, you're not likely to look very lady-like.
    • Your thighs have to be touching from crotch to knee -- if there's any gap below the top knee, obviously the top leg is going to look hiked up.
    • For a guy, being able to hold your knees together or cross your legs like a girl requires a little muscle conditioning. It can be difficult at first cuz we're not used to using leg muscles that way, but a little practice will solve this.
    • Once you've mastered that, try sliding your bottom foot (the one touching the floor) forward a few inches. This drops both knees down. But you'll find there's a limit to how far you can slide your foot when you're wearing tall heels.
    • Your overall posture when sitting makes a difference. Sitting up straight helps to put your legs in the proper orientation. Leaning forward slightly makes it easier to keep your calves together as well, like in the photo you used as a model.

My legs are pretty slender so I've never had much problem with this. Well, I say that, but truth is I can cross my right leg (right leg on top) easily without even thinking about it and sit that way for extended periods, but it's harder crossing my left leg. Go figure. I think it's just because I don't cross my left leg often.

When I first started dressing it was very difficult when sitting in an uncrossed position to keep my knees together more than a couple of minutes -- my legs would actually start trembling with the effort. Now it's just second nature -- and pretty much mandatory when you wear short skirts. Practice makes perfect.
    Last edited by sherri; 12-08-2009 at 02:16 PM.

Watch other long-legged/tall women and you'll see that "sitting pretty" is difficult for them as well, particularly when wearing heels. That's why several posters commented that they can cross their legs more comfortably when seated on a stool rather than a low couch. Our calves are a bit longer than those of shorter women.

One way to do it is to angle your legs to the same side as the lower hip, as Rachel Weisz is doing in this photo:

A lot easier for tall gals, and very femme!

And, of course, once you get that down and it becomes comfortable, you can go for the very feminine double cross:

"If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by lavistaa62 View Post
    ..... I think there must be a trick I'm not getting.
    The trick might be photoshop. That pic in the link doesn't look "normal" but hey that's me.

I'm thinking...

I have rather large thighs I guess compared to a GG- a byproduct of the same cycling that keeps the rest of me from getting too big That was an interesting insight which maybe some weight loss will help with.

Guess it's like other things- practice and hard work along with stretching- I'll try the exercises everyone has recommended thus far. It'll be good for me to stretch regardless. Maybe a good excuse for a yoga session!

I have rather large thighs I guess compared to a GG- a byproduct of the same cycling that keeps the rest of me from getting too big That was an interesting insight which maybe some weight loss will help with.
    Yup. That is all this is, it has nothing to do with pelvic geometry or calf length ratios or tolerance for discomfort or extra dangly bits in the way and everything to do with bulk. How do I know? My wife could never pull this off either until she lost 50 pounds... Now she does it all the time, including the wrap behind the leg maneuver - pain free.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Lavistaa, as other have said it is practice and you don't have to do it parallel. I have been doing it all my life. Who knew it would come in handy.LOL

Teri

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlee View Post
    The trick might be photoshop. That pic in the link doesn't look "normal" but hey that's me.
    I agree here, that picture almost looks unnatural. The other pictures of crossed legs posted in the thread looked much better to me.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Practice, Practice

I find that you need to practice, like when you start a new exercise program. With me, a full tuck is also required. This makes it much easier. Cheers.

As previously mentioned angling your legs does help, as does sitting up straight and on the edge of the seat. Lastly point your toe down to the ground. This is one of my favorite ways to sit with my legs crossed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    you can go for the very feminine double cross:

I just tried this and I can do it, but the sound of tendons snapping and bones cracking is too unpleasant for me to enjoy it.

wow

Quote Originally Posted by azcdinhose View Post
    As previously mentioned angling your legs does help, as does sitting up straight and on the edge of the seat. Lastly point your toe down to the ground. This is one of my favorite ways to sit with my legs crossed.
    A lot of you totally have this down- now I'm inspired. Thanks girls- I'll keep working at it.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

You're RITE, Lavistaa! So's Karren!

Guess it's like other things- practice and hard work along with stretching- I'll try the exercises everyone has recommended thus far. It'll be good for me to stretch regardless. Maybe a good excuse for a yoga session!
    At my exalted age, u either can or u can't!
    I practiced yoga a couple of years in my late 20's, and can STILL get a foot behind my head!
    And, do the leg cross comfortably!

Tucking, as Karren said, makes the leg cross bearable!
    Otherwise, think; the boys stuck in a vice! OUCH!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I can do the double cross no probs . Always had slim legs , but also always seem to have had nuts that were set too far forward . Not a problem in this case though .

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I know you asked about keeping the legs parallel when crossed, but this is a hard position to sit in comfortably for extended periods of time even for GGs. It is good for picture poses though!

This is the more natural way that GGs cross their legs, even while wearing a skirt, with the foot extended outward.

Attachment 103330
    This I can make progress to achieve, but it will take stretching and practice.
    warmly, Linnea

gee wiz i been crossing my legs that way for years that the only way i can get comfortable

The original picture with legs straight up and down and parallel looks very artificial to me even for a GG. The pictures from ReineD and Karren seem much more typical of the way I see attractive women sitting.

I am flexible enough to be able to do any of those leg crosses fairly easily, even the double cross. In fact, I often catch myself sitting very pretty when in male mode and have to correct myself -- no telling how many others may have "wondered" about it before I noticed!

- Diane

Quote Originally Posted by joann426 View Post
    gee wiz i been crossing my legs that way for years that the only way i can get comfortable
    Ditto.

I sit like that in drab and en femme. Have since I was little. Reason is I could never get that man leg cross down. You know the one where your foot is on your thigh and the leg is perpendicular to the other leg. ( see photo below ) Never bothered me that I sit with a tight cross. No one ever said anything either.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Ouch, I just tried to do that and its hard as :P I think I need to work on it a tad more

Lots of love,
    Miss Kara