Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever Take A Dance Class?

Ever Take A Dance Class?

Have you ever taken a dance class and if so how did it go? What kind of class did you take also and did en femme when you went as well?

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar
    I took a few ballroom dance classes with my wife but I didn't feel I wanted the investment of keeping up with it all.

XXs
    Mickey
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

I have went to some line dancing classes. Only underdressed for that. I used to go to aerobics 3 times a wk. I have went to aerobics dressed one time in a city close to home, and realized afterwards it was not a good thing to do at that point. Very sweaty and hard t keep wig and all in place.

Salsa! check out this video, I took my first lesson in the Bahamas, and I got hooked. We have a group that goes salsa dancing 3 or 4 times a month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSSTwbAj_BU
    Last edited by kellycan27; 12-08-2009 at 06:07 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Yep, took square dancing lessons last year with some GLBT boys and girls, it's fun dancing the girl's part because you're so totally "in the moment" and the petticoats and curtsying are way cool!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I took dance classes when in High School, and sometimes had to be the girl! Not enfemme, though! Took them again when I got engaged! I am so tone deaf that it really was a waste of money! My dear late wife usually led when we danced, because it was easier for her to lead me than try to follow a tone deaf person!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I strapped on my two left shoes and took ballroom dance lessons about five years ago and loved it! The lessons were en drab. I can't lead to save my life. However, I have been told I dance wonderful when en femme and following. Hmmmm go figure.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

I took dance lessons with my second wife and learned a number of dances. Unfortunately my wife didn't have the rythm to make the dances flow. I danced alot with my instructor.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Salsa! check out this video, I took my first lesson in the Bahamas, and I got hooked. We have a group that goes salsa dancing 3 or 4 times a month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSSTwbAj_BU
    You got me excited there for a second, I thought we were going to get to see you dancing. Hint hint.

Quote Originally Posted by sherri View Post
    You got me excited there for a second, I thought we were going to get to see you dancing. Hint hint.
    I'll second that. The couple at the beginning is good though. My favorite dance instructor laughed for 2 minutes when I showed up in a skirt, blouse, heels and make-up last year before Halloween. I made her Halloween dance this year as a Lady Gypsy. I can follow some and often have her lead me when I am learning things. A few other ladies I know lead and will lead me occasionally. I need some refresher classes for Salsa but, if I make LV....I would like to see some Salsa dancing.

Brina

I, and when I say I, I mean Karl not Kara, am a ballroom dance teacher for a small studio in Ringwood Victoria Been dancing for 5 years, did competition dancing and have been a teacher for around a year. I love it!

Love,
    Miss Kara

I took a jazz/ballet class with my gf and 6 other ladies one night a week for two years. I did not go en femme. After all I was her boyfriend. But they were happy to have a guy in their class and after showing up in them the first class, I was expected to be in leotards and tights just like all the ladies wore. In class they still treated me like just one of the girls though they loved to make teasing comments.Rather than just standing around while they rehearsed, they suggested I learn the all girl number for the recital and loaned me a wrap skirt to dance out of. All in all it was fun being part of the troupe for a couple of hours, dancewear and all. I suggest anyone interested give it a try and share your experience here.

So they wanted you to go enfemme? I would say this is probably the exception than the norm for a a mostly girl dominated class.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    A video is worth at least a thousand words. I couldn't help but post this. Its appropriate and one of my favs on you tube. Its not me but if I owned a school of dance....."hit it Maestro"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiIthEIUtj4
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by Brina Halloween View Post
    I'll second that. The couple at the beginning is good though. My favorite dance instructor laughed for 2 minutes when I showed up in a skirt, blouse, heels and make-up last year before Halloween. I made her Halloween dance this year as a Lady Gypsy. I can follow some and often have her lead me when I am learning things. A few other ladies I know lead and will lead me occasionally. I need some refresher classes for Salsa but, if I make LV....I would like to see some Salsa dancing.

Brina
    The Las Vegas Salsa Congress was held during the first week of July this year, but if you want to salsa we have numerous clubs that feature salsa dancing. Club Rio is one of my favorite haunts. Venus lounge at the Venitian,The Gold Coast on Flamingo Rd, and Las Palmas Mariachi Restaurant on E.Sahara, just to name a few. Club Rio and Las Palmas are geared more for the more serious salsa addicts, but anyone can dance. And Las Palmas used to ( not sure if they still do ) give free lessons before the club opens.

Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Ever Take A Dance Class?

took dance lessons in high school,

Dance Lessons

Yup...I took dance lessons (ballroom) at the downtown office of Authur Murray...did competition. But it's been awhile since I've really danced up a storm. I will say though, that once you know how to dance, you'll never be at a loss for a dance partner.

I've taken dance lessons en-femme at a couple of straight dance studios.

Tons of fun, but spooky at first. I got to know the teachers, who were very nice. Stood in the outer circle with the other women as the men rotated around every few minutes.

I've taken swing and salsa. Maybe I'll write it up.

I go dancing most weekends at straight clubs, but most of the time it's just non-pair dancing. Most of the guys aren't that well trained in pair dancing.

In L.A., there are also opportunities to take lessons (country and ballroom) at gay clubs, and there are gay dance classes such as "Let's Dance!" where there are XX's who want to lead and XY's who want to follow .

-- Diane
    Last edited by dilane; 12-09-2009 at 12:01 AM.

I haven't taken a dance class yet, but I want to--en femme. When I do it's going to be ballroom I think. It's definitely on my "to do" list.
    warmly, Linnea

Could be interesting if you are doing the follow in the dance as opposed to the lead.

I have been considering when I can get Kara all sorted out, going to do dance classes as a beginner at one of our other studios (Now, forgetting all the I learnt will be hard) and see what it is like :P

Lots of Love,
    Miss Kara

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I took some Latin Dance classes in male mode a few years ago. I was horrible at it (too stiff) to the point that every week I went, my dance partner from the previous week would no longer show up.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Does clogging count ? My teenage daughter and I took lessons together, but she left me in her dust and went on to dance with the National Champions for several years running.

Aspiring Member
    I was very shy as a child. I was mortified when my mother signed me up for ballroom dance class at the junior high. But soon I learned to love it and couldn't wait to go. Our instructors were two women that lived together. They were probably gay but back then we didn't even know what that was. The last lesson was a formal dance. The girls wore bouffant party dresses but I was stuck in a suit. Enjoyed it anyway.
    Then in college I took square dance lessons. It was fun but I wanted to wear the dress and petticoats and be spun around. Now I'm too old and stiff to do anything more than a slow dance shuffle. Leanne

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lynn3 View Post
    Does clogging count ? My teenage daughter and I took lessons together, but she left me in her dust and went on to dance with the National Champions for several years running.
    Yes, I'd say it counts.