Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something my Mom never taught me, Ladies Room Etiquette

Something my Mom never taught me, Ladies Room Etiquette

Hi,

Hopefully this question is not out of line on the forum. But I have a question re something my Mom never thought I would need to know. Looking for help/tips on etiquette in the ladies room so I don't get read or have problems.

First I'm well aware standing is not an option here and it a dead give away.

But I'm thinking of some other things. In guy mode it easy to unzip the fly or drop you pants as the needs arise. But what I'm wondering is what is the proper way of dealing with a dress or skirt?

While in a skirt, does one lift the skirt up above the waist line, lower panties and pantyhose. Or does one lower the skirt as well, ie simular to lowering one's pants.

How about while in a dress. Does one take the dress off and take care of business or does one lift the hem line above the waist, etc.

Also is there any other tips I need to know re the ladies room?

I know this is a bit of an odd question, but like I said, this is something my mom never thought I would need to know when I was growing up.

Thanks for you help!
    Tina

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I was just thinking about this earlier as I had my skirt on
    For me if I am wearing a skirt I would lower it like I would my pants.

For a dress I would definately pull it up and out of the way as I am not going to undress to use the toilot.

Always sit when en femme Be proper.

I would lift both up, I don't want anything touching the floor.

Just the lift the skirt and dress.

The proper way is to raise the skirt or dress to the waist and gather them toward the front of you. One would never let your clothes touch the floor and , depending on the condition of the facilities, you dont usually sit down either. The ladies call it the " hover". If there is a hook on the door for hanging your things, you put your purse and any outer garments such as your jacket or coat on the hook first of course. But, remember, keep an eye on it. You are sitting down and someone could take it right over the door. It happens. Always wash your hands when you get done.
    Well behaved Women rarely make history

If you "don't get read" and "don't have problems" and you are in the ladies room and in a stall... Who cares what you do... No one can see you? Maybe just your feet!

You should be teaching us not us teaching you?
    Last edited by Karren H; 12-08-2009 at 06:25 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Silver Member
    To answer specifically:

Pick UP your skirt or dress. Pull DOWN your panties.

Don't remove your dress. Pick it up just like your skirt.

Many women don't sit. They crouch over the seat. I always sit, but I always line the seat with toilet paper. I was never able to get those paper liners to work properly.

Always sit (or crouch, if that's your thing). No standing to pee.

Gather your skirt or dress in front of you so it doesn't fall in when you stand up.

Bag and coat on the hook. Watch them though. If I'm wearing a coat, I always put the coat OVER the bag. Someone could reach over and grab your bag. This happens rarely, but I understand that it has happened.

Always wash your hands.

Then fix your makeup and hair, smile at the other women, and leave.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    To answer specifically:

Pick UP your skirt or dress. Pull DOWN your panties.

Don't remove your dress. Pick it up just like your skirt.

Many women don't sit. They crouch over the seat. I always sit, but I always line the seat with toilet paper. I was never able to get those paper liners to work properly.

Always sit (or crouch, if that's your thing). No standing to pee.

Gather your skirt or dress in front of you so it doesn't fall in when you stand up.

Bag and coat on the hook. Watch them though. If I'm wearing a coat, I always put the coat OVER the bag. Someone could reach over and grab your bag. This happens rarely, but I understand that it has happened.

Always wash your hands.

Then fix your makeup and hair, smile at the other women, and leave.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    I think that the word you are looking for is "hover"
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

One of the original reasons for the skirt/dress was to make it easy to use the ladies room. You just raise them and do your business. I've seen the outcome from the "hover" and it's not pretty! Clean the seat if you must, then sit down.
    Sally

I lift both. Panties down of course.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Lots of good advice here. You don't want your skirt to fall into a puddle on the floor or dip into the toilet. Ewwwww. Skirt/dress up and gathered in front of you. Panties/pantyhose down like pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    I've seen the outcome from the "hover" and it's not pretty! Clean the seat if you must, then sit down.
    Yep. always make sure the seat is clean and there is paper before you sit or hover. If you make a mess when you hover, pleeeease wipe the seat.

Another thing, there's usually not as much eye contact in a bathroom as elsewhere. There can be, and there can even be small talk, but not always. I would say wait for the other person to initiate it until you get comfortable with the subtle behavior.

Another tip is to always check to make sure that your skirt is not tucked into your panties before you exit the bathroom. It happened to a lady at my workplace the other day and while I was embarrassed for the lady, the other guys thought that it was pretty funny.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

Something my Mom never taught me, Ladies Room Etiquette

oh yes lift up the dress or skirt you don't want them touching the floor.

Silver Member
    Yup, hover is a better word. You have to have strong calf and thigh muscles to pull that off. I sit.

And watch the skirt (or toilet paper) caught in the undies thing. I managed to walk through a restaurant that way until the woman I was with told me what was happening. Now I ALWAYS check before I leave the stall.

Stephie

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post

Lol! I have a toilet paper ritual!

Great tips Stephenie.

Behind the stall door, you can do pretty much whatever you want except stand to pee, but the usual method that my mother did show me was her raising her skirt or dress, lowering her underwear and sitting to do her business. This was more a matter of me observing rather than her actually demonstrating the method; we were in close quarters and she had to go. I just remember how she did it.
    warmly, Linnea

I always sit down to pee, even when I am Karl not Kara. I dont know why, I am just used to it Although I usually pull my skirt down and havnt tried it with a dress yet. But I may was well get used to it

Its odd, I was actually thinking about this exact subject earlier today but someone beat me to the punch

Lots of Love,
    Miss Kara

Lift and drop Hon. It s a natural as wearing a skirt.

Agree with the concensus on lifting skirt/dress and bringing it around to your front.

A couple of other tips in addition to the ones already.

1) Always use some toilet paper when you have finished (you always hear women rip off some toilet paper because we wipe rather than "jiggle"), and always flush.

2) I've noticed that women tend to wash hands with the fingers together, like they would be if you were applauding, rather than intertwining the fingers as men seem to do.

3) As others have said, eye contact is less than ordinary, but on occasion women do talk in the ladies' room. If two women enter together they will usually continue their conversation. Women will often talk to each other while waiting in line for a stall. You will seem odd if you are addressed and don't answer.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Like Miss Kara I have from the time I was a small child always sat to pee. It one of my feminine things that just came naturally to me as a child.

In answer to the question I would lift up both a skirt and dress to my waist.

Vicki

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    1) Always use some toilet paper when you have finished (you always hear women rip off some toilet paper because we wipe rather than "jiggle"), and always flush.
    Haha, I have always done that. The 'jiggle' never worked for me that well :P

Love,
    Miss Kara

Hi...
    As edwardian girls. we dress in 1900 clothes ... long skirt s dress s pettycoats . all the drama ... & then some .
    my mum taught me as a kid . dont sit on a loo seat with out ether cleaning the seat or puting paper down . lift your skirt . & tuck in up at the back . so it allso does not touch any thing . pettycoat as well tights & knickers down to knee level then sit .
    or hover & i do that some times . or for us we have to roll the skirt over our arm . as its a lot of fabric . & when you leave dont for get you r purse or bag ,,,,,,

After . wipe hands with handy wipes . that you carry at all times . ready your self . then pull chain & lift seat down . then wash hands . dont draw attenion to your self . other than small talk if other women are there. my take here . have a kid e with you as that break s the ice . then its all on . people . well us women just talk . touch up your make up while there . & enjoy being around other women .

oh... spos i v been doing it for some years so i just do it . with out thinking ......& having our grand kid it s a two act play ...... allway s fun ......
    Thinking as a woman will help. your dressed as a woman then be one .

...noeleena...

Ladies room help

As a vetran of passing for 23 year, contact me, on yahoo, joyce_devriestv

I can tell you of all of the unspoken "rules"

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by tinak415 View Post
    Hi,

Hopefully this question is not out of line on the forum. But I have a question re something my Mom never thought I would need to know. Looking for help/tips on etiquette in the ladies room so I don't get read or have problems.

First I'm well aware standing is not an option here and it a dead give away.

But I'm thinking of some other things. In guy mode it easy to unzip the fly or drop you pants as the needs arise. But what I'm wondering is what is the proper way of dealing with a dress or skirt?

While in a skirt, does one lift the skirt up above the waist line, lower panties and pantyhose. Or does one lower the skirt as well, ie simular to lowering one's pants.

How about while in a dress. Does one take the dress off and take care of business or does one lift the hem line above the waist, etc.

Also is there any other tips I need to know re the ladies room?

I know this is a bit of an odd question, but like I said, this is something my mom never thought I would need to know when I was growing up.

Thanks for you help!
    Tina

unspoken rules for ladies' room?

Quote Originally Posted by jenblake View Post
    As a vetran of passing for 23 year, contact me, on yahoo, joyce_devriestv

I can tell you of all of the unspoken "rules"

Regards.

Hi,
    Would you mind posting the list of unwritten rules as a reply to this message?
    I for one would like to know anything else which has not already been mentioned.

Thanks.

Joanie

Some time ago, my SO would remind me "FFF" on my way to the WC ("Feet Face Front").
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty