Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outside of CDing do you have a lot of feminine traits?

Outside of CDing do you have a lot of feminine traits?

For my weekly poll the question is: Do you exhibit a lot of feminine traits, habits, hobbies outside of cross dressing that came naturally?

For me, I make jewelry, love to wrap presents (with incredible hand tied bows), arranage flowers, garden, shop (I think this is a given for all of us), cook, decorate the house, put up christmas stuff, host dinners, etc...

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Well for me it is the way i view my nails, with out stretched fingers. I have recently started cross stitching which is very fun for me and relaxing.

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TabbyJames View Post
    For my weekly poll the question is: Do you exhibit a lot of feminine traits, habits, hobbies outside of cross dressing that came naturally?

For me, I make jewelry, love to wrap presents (with incredible hand tied bows), arranage flowers, garden, shop (I think this is a given for all of us), cook, decorate the house, put up christmas stuff, host dinners, etc...
    All of the above, and add sewing, calligraphy and reading romance novels, along with good fiction too. I've always been very feminine in the way I act and move too. Add that to being small and thin. I really think I was supposed to be born a girl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

I have actually been thinking about this recently and the line between what is considered feminine vs. masculine has really become very blurry over that past couple of decades. Women increasingly become involved in masculine activities so where does that leave the line?

For instance, some women love to watch football and drink beer. The work in construction jobs, auto mechanics and forestry. They even wear jeans and heavy boots.

Where does that leave the line?

Some men are stay-at-home mom's and raise kids and do housekeeping.

My personal opinion is that the "line" was drawn by older generations and that it was never completely based on a gender's particular natural urge. I suspect it was drawn because women were generally left at home to raise babies and men were out "hunting".

The line is disappearing and if any group is behind the curve in this transition, it's men. We need to get with the program and enjoy some of the activities formerly occupied only by women. The women have already headed for the doors....
    -Meri

Central Ohio

I don't know... Not really... Though the guys on my ice hockey team say I shoot like a girl... Does that count?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I have always enjoyed baking, not so much cooking though. There are always fresh cut flowers in my house and I truly love to sew.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

Interesting question

This is a question I've been asking myself for the last 4 years: should I have seen this before? We've been wondering why Tina only surfaced 4 years ago. I'm not what one might call feminine as a guy! Yet I love to cook, love the soft side of romance, love to "dress" as a guy in guy clothes that are not drab, and I've never really been comfortable with "guy"-bonding activities. My daughter saw my high school picture and said that in today's language I would have been called a "pretty boy". Life is strange!

tina

I get moody and whiny when I don't get my way.
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

This is a very good question. I don't think I ever exhibited any fem actions when drab (just learned that term last night from a new friend) other than I have always been intrigued when passing the make up counter and I have always enjoyed soothing massages. I have always related massages as something girls do. Otherwise, I'm about as masculine as you will find, but when I get the opportunity to dress up, I want to be as absolutely feminine as I can be in dress, make up, nails, actions, etc.

I know I have a few feminine traits outside of CDing. I love to cook,like Days Of Our lives and a few ABC soaps and love to look through women's catologs.

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

Banned Read only
    I can't say I have any feminine traits at all except for when I'm dressed up. Outside of dressing up, I'm a pretty manly fellow, and believe it or not, I'm absolutely happy that way.

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meri View Post
    I have actually been thinking about this recently and the line between what is considered feminine vs. masculine has really become very blurry over that past couple of decades. Women increasingly become involved in masculine activities so where does that leave the line?

For instance, some women love to watch football and drink beer. The work in construction jobs, auto mechanics and forestry. They even wear jeans and heavy boots.

My personal opinion is that the "line" was drawn by older generations and that it was never completely based on a gender's particular natural urge. I suspect it was drawn because women were generally left at home to raise babies and men were out "hunting".

The line is disappearing and if any group is behind the curve in this transition, it's men. We need to get with the program and enjoy some of the activities formerly occupied only by women. The women have already headed for the doors....
    This is an *EXCELLENT* point and I think it is part of the reason that gender confusion has become so prevalent lately. Women, essentially, have taken over a lot of the things that used to be "the man's territory," in the name of equality, which is fine, but now we men essentially have nothing that is exclusive to us, so I fear that men now question what our role is (if any) in society as a whole... On the contrary, women are now permitted and encouraged to do all the things men do, and more. Women have all the options we have and then some. So since women have been becoming more like men in terms of what they are societally permitted to do, what option do we have except to become more like women? Something like that. I dunno.

Anyway! Back on topic, I'm short (for a man) and I kinda like it that way actually. I'm not the strongest guy out there, I have very very smooth hair (I've had girls run their hands through my hair before and say that they wish their hair was like mine. It's not long but it is soft), I *LOVE* shopping, I love a good love story (<3 The Notebook), my favorite color is pink, and I used to drink with my pinky out. That last one stopped somewhere along the line, but I'm secretly trying to get back in that habit.

Yes, I do

I actually am in much more in touch with my feelings that most men. I want to hug and kiss everyone. I love babies. I'm theatrical. I always sympathize with everyone. I'm very inconsistent. But I don't believe these are really "female" qualitites but just qualities I have that I don't repress other than hugging and kissing everyone (though the love does come out of my eyes I think).

Being a man is a lot like being in drag. It's an attitude I learned so I would make a statement to other men that I was "ok" and "don't mess with me". And I'm fine with that. I enjoy being both sexes and I would enjoy being neither sex even more (I'm kind of gender queer at heart).

nope

When i am not dressed i am a guy, love guy stuff. however when dressed (which is 3 days a week all day ave.) i turn into a girly girl.......and a submissive one

silk

Untraits

I don't like sports (watching them anyway) not even a little. I do love chick flicks, inside the home stuff (though I also do all the work, carpentry, wiring and so on), womens clothes- though not mens. I probably have some unconscious female habits as well- the nail thing mentioned above, the way I throw and run, maybe some mannerisms. Mostly I preferred to have female friends; of all the "male" and "female" traits I think hanging out primarily with ones own sex is a very strong one.

The U.S. on the east coast. Yay the beach :)
    My wife tells me i pose without thinking especially when i am lounging. I'm also told i sleep like a girl but i'm not sure what that means. Shopping is a given and i'm told i have a lot of feminine mannerisms. I have no interest in sports except for maybe individual ones such as snowboarding. I love chick flicks one of my favorite movies is Just Like Heaven. My wife says she feels like she is more married to a woman than a man. i don't notice these things unless they are pointed out.
    Last edited by Ranma; 12-09-2009 at 03:59 PM.
    'Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” - Leo F. Buscaglia

Nope......All my hobbies and interests are what are classed as normal guy activities

My SO tells me my overall demeaner is more female than male, in everything I do.
    No closet is big enough!

I naturally pose my legs like a girl and am small and thin. I also like to be gentle and supportive. Definitly not a bald headed goatee wearing bubba!

None at all. Very masculine when not Alice.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meri View Post

Exactly! .... I wholehearted agree with this post.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Well, I really enjoy cooking and baking... trait-wise I am quite androgynous when in boy mode.. I'm not particularly small, but i have soft features and very clear soft skin.. Also I wear make-up when I'm in boy mode as well.. foundation and lip gloss. I also loooooove clothes shopping and really hate overtly masculine sports and games. So i suppose I am rather feminine anyway..

Interesting question tho'
    When Life Gives You Lemons, Throw them Back and Ask For Chocolate!!

My natural vocal range is a higher register, so I could pass on the phone...which I have quite often.

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!

I have a few...

Well, I am really good at most visually artistic endeavors, I AM an artist! Like you Tabby I'm good with flower arranging, gift wrapping, etc. Also because of my artistic/visual approach to the world I tend to excel at color coordination and putting outfits together, and of course putting on makeup! Also I don't have a high voice, it's lower for sure however I can fake it well. When I used to answer the phone at home when I was a teen people always thought I was my older sister! Even after my voice changed!

Being shy an artistic I've been labeled as gay/feminine most of my life, I'm used to it now

EDIT: Whoops! Outside of crossdressing you say?! Ummm I guess the 1st couple I mentioned
    Last edited by Samantha Girl; 12-09-2009 at 11:17 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

Not really. Does grease on my hands from fixing my snowblower count? I can do a lot of things, I'm a big DIYer. I guess traditional traits might be...I can operate a sewing machine, bake, do the laundry, creative, worry about too much... I probably do just as many male oriented things too. I don't really consider any gender related... I just do what I need to do to get the results I want.