Thread: Found a list of amazing tg personalities

Found a list of amazing tg personalities

Figured some of you might be interested in this list- pictures only of course (we are so vain!) but the level of beauty is astounding. Now I feel like a GG thumbing through Cosmo and wondering "why don't I look like that". Of course a few of you all do- me, not so much...

http://damncoolpics.blogspot.com/200...ame-women.html

Silver Member
    Remember these are just photographs. Anyone can be made to look good in a picture. That's what makeover salons do. Visit one and you'll come out looking absolutely stunning.

But more important, these women are not crossdressers, they are transgendered. They have (many of them) had genital surgery, facial surgery, and breast augmentation. And they are LIVING as woman. It's not really fair to compare a weekend crossdresser to a transexual woman.

Stephie

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    Thank you for sharing this link. They are a truely inspirational set of girls.
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Remember these are just photographs. Anyone can be made to look good in a picture. That's what makeover salons do. Visit one and you'll come out looking absolutely stunning.

But more important, these women are not crossdressers, they are transgendered. They have (many of them) had genital surgery, facial surgery, and breast augmentation. And they are LIVING as woman. It's not really fair to compare a weekend crossdresser to a transexual woman.

Stephie
    Good points, Stephie.

Gold Member
    Wow...some pretty amazing transformations!

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Well if I was going to transisition I would go for 100% and hope and pray for success like most of those pics show. If I ever transisition?

Another famous TS ( although many here have never heard of her except they know her work as the soundtrack of Clockwork Orange) is Wendy Carlos. Still active in music and other causes

Wendy+Carlos.jpg
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

That was a fun website. I really enjoyed that they showed things from across the years. Really puts some perspective on what I'm feeling.
    removed

You're right: those are amazing and inspiring!
    warmly, Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Another famous TS ( although many here have never heard of her except they know her work as the soundtrack of Clockwork Orange) is Wendy Carlos. Still active in music and other causes

Wendy+Carlos.jpg
    I remember reading an interview with her in Playboy back when she was still Walter. I thought Walter Carlos was an odd looking man at the time. She looks much better as Wendy.

I had to laugh at the thought I had when I saw the picture. Most times I see a woman dressed nicely I think, "I want those clothes." I saw the Moog in the backround of the picture and thought, "I want that synthesizer."

I'm a Wendy Carlos fan from way back, like both the person and her music, have all her albums from back in the "Walter" days up to the newer ones.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by lavistaa62 View Post
    Now I feel like a GG thumbing through Cosmo and wondering "why don't I look like that". Of course a few of you all do- me, not so much...

I think they (and we) are making the wrong point here. It's too bad that the context of the photos is "appearance". Sure, we want to "look good" (don't most girls?). But I think what is important is that these are people who have gone their own way and have been successful at it. I've forgotten who said that "beauty comes from the inside", but it really does. Here is a link that I like:

http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conw...successes.html

Cheers, Claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    I think an important point to remember here is that all the people on that list are Transexual's (not crossdressers) I think the Kick boxer may be a CD, but again some asian men are very slight in build smaller frames and softer features in there face and therefore because of that, their able to cross dress with ease.

Being a Transexual, is very different from being a crossdresser, with a TS it's a total life change, your looks mannerisiums, all have to change and that change is perminant! ie it not just stepping out of yourself, but actually steping in to yourself, so it a whole different ball game from dressing up for the fun of it, to dressing to fit a need. A crossdresser could never understand that need unless they themselves were a TS too. Therefore as a TS you are going to have a totally different outlook on it your looks, and the effort you take to obtain your goal, and have a totally different mental state whilst transistioning, to a CD who is just dressing up every once in a while.

Also there are many factors to consider, here as well, and that the time, and the extent of the transistion as well, ie was it Julia roberts (the british TS that was on the Television series here in the UK!) who also when under the knife for not only her gender reasignment, but also to change her facial features as well. Im not saying that all have done that here, what I'm trying to say is one picture along side another does not a full picture paint. The same as just one good picture from a whole reel of film, show the full story of a whole days dressing session. ie we all pick the best pictures, and never show the bad one
    Last edited by Tracy_Victoria; 12-12-2009 at 06:50 AM. Reason: spelling & gramma
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

Thanks I enjoyed the link! Always fun to look at before and after pics. Caroline 'Tula' Cossey the Bond Girl lives near me! But I've never met or for that matter seen her as far as I know.

Banned Read only
    And...

Switched-On Bach

Aspiring Member

Right on Lorileah!!

Wendy+Carlos.jpg
    I remember she granted an interview to Playboy Magazine in the 70's (?)
    it truely changed my life and made me realize there were others like me. I believe her CD "Switched on Bach" is still available on Amazon

Thanks for the great "Flashback"

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Donna Rose was on a show I caught on Discovery just the other night about Transexuals. OMG she was perfect. She is successful, well put together and so articulate about her transexualism.

I don't understand the banter about the orginal list of girls being transexuals. Maybe it is because I am still wrestling after 40 years with where I am going to land on the beautiful spectrum of gender, but I don't see why we can not applaud the bravery and success of our transgendered sisters.

I find every successful transgendered person to be inspirational.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Another famous TS ... is Wendy Carlos.
    A truly fantastic person. I have a quite a few of her records, both vinyl and compact disk. Liked her since I was in grade 12 (in the mid 70s), before she transitioned and was still known publicly as Walter. When she transitioned and went public I recall saying "Ah ha! I knew there was a reason why I thought she was so great!"

She is someone that we as T people of all stripes should have as our role models. It angers me so much that when the general public think of us as TG/TS/CD etc they are more likely to think of people like RuPaul and not Wendy Carlos.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni_Lynn View Post
    A truly fantastic person. I have a quite a few of her records, both vinyl and compact disk. Liked her since I was in grade 12 (in the mid 70s), before she transitioned and was still known publicly as Walter. When she transitioned and went public I recall saying "Ah ha! I knew there was a reason why I thought she was so great!"

She is someone that we as T people of all stripes should have as our role models. It angers me so much that when the general public think of us as TG/TS/CD etc they are more likely to think of people like RuPaul and not Wendy Carlos.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    RuPaul has always been a very public person. Walter/Wendy Carlos has not.

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    RuPaul has always been a very public person. Walter/Wendy Carlos has not.
    Rupaul is a TV personality. Talent lies in the transforming to a female impersonator. You cannot compare someone who has exceptional talent in something like making a lasting impression with music and the development of syntesized music (where would every dance club be now?) to today's flavor. Apples to oranges.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by lavistaa62 View Post
    Figured some of you might be interested in this list- pictures only of course (we are so vain!) but the level of beauty is astounding. Now I feel like a GG thumbing through Cosmo and wondering "why don't I look like that". Of course a few of you all do- me, not so much...

There's more here too.

Banned Read only
    Rupaul is a TV personality. Talent lies in the transforming to a female impersonator. You cannot compare someone who has exceptional talent in something like making a lasting impression with music and the development of syntesized music (where would every dance club be now?) to today's flavor. Apples to oranges.
    I wasn't comparing them. Go back up and read Toni-Lynn's message. The point was that RuPaul is a very public figure and my impression of Walter/Wendy Carlos was that of a musician and a techie who really didn't seek a public image. How could people not remember the more public figure, even if for the wrong reasons (a gay crossdresser versus a fully transitioned transsexual)?