Thread: Lipstick residue on glasses

Lipstick residue on glasses

How come no one has ever touched on this subject?

Seriously, what's the best way to reduce lipstick residue on drinking glasses? They seem to get all smudged up.
    .....and no, I ain't quitting drinking, thank you.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    ...and I ain't quitting wearing lipstick!!!!....

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    And the problem is ?

Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

1. Drink directly from the bottle, but may leave a mark on the bottle.

2. Use a straw. May leave a mark on the straw, but straws are usually single use/disposable items.

3. Use a long wear lipstick

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Are you talking about your glasses at home? If you are talking about restaurant glasses, who cares? They have to wash them thoroughly!!

Two answers; 1. Don't put your lipstick on so heavy and blot it before drinking.
    2. If we are talking about your own glasses, wash them in very hot water with a good diswashing detergent! Personally, I put mine in the dishwasher, lipstick and all, and always have nice shiny clean glasses!!

Yes, I do wear lipstick (the only makeup I wear!) and yes I do drink.....occasionally!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Since we go to all the trouble and effort to dress as a woman, why not act like one too. Lipstick is cheap, gets old if we do not use it up fast enough, GG's drink straight from the glass all the time, and looking at the colored lip marks on a half full cocktail glass can give you one of those fleeting, "femme" moments knowing that you made them. And, as mentioned above the bars and restaurants are more than equipped to wash off those wonderful lip marks. If you are at home, surprise, they wash off just as well. Go for it, turn down the proferred straw and make and leave your mark wherever you go. You earned the right to do so.

I like what Allie said.

Just wash your glasses with a regular dish sponge and dish soap. I never have a problem.

Lipstick Marks

I love to see my lip print on the glass. And a coffee cup is even better. Sometimes in the AM I blott on a small piece of tissue and lay it carefully on the water in the toilet bowl.
    It lets the wife know what great lips I have!....hey she does it too! It is fun!

What I want to know...is where did the good taste of Revlon go?
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"

Lipstick residue on glasses

if you are home just wipe it of, in a reaturant who cares, my self I like seeing my lipostick on a glass, makes me smile

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Me too I love the lip prints Which is how I got caught right after I told her of my dressing. although it wasn't a glass that I left my lipstick smudge on. This is going to sound wierd. I kissed the bathroom mirror to admire the smudge and just forgot to wipe it off. My wife immediately noticed this when she arrived home what could I say. I told her I wanted to see the lipstick mark. Wierd Huh but whatever its just me. I tried looking for a lip Smilie but surprise we don't have one

I use a lip liner pencil to fill in my entire lip then a light coat of lipshine. lasts all day and no smudge on friends or glasses.

Presh GG

The waitstaff doesn't seem to mind especially if you leave a "kiss" on the napkin next to the tip
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

lick the outside rim of the glass before drinking from it. (it can be done with decorum!)
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

I dont usually have this issue when I wear lippy. When I do, I put the lipstick on and then blot it by putting either a napkin or peice of paper inbetween the lips and pressing down.

Lots of Love,
    Miss Kara

Silver Member
    Well,I kinda like the look. I think it's fun to see the lipstick on the glass. BUT, lipstick on the glass is lipstick that's NOT on your lips. To save my lipstick, like on my way to work when it's got to last, I have taken to using a straw. I may look kinda silly drinking my coffee in my car on the way to work with a straw, but I save my lipstick.

Stephie

My wife gave me a hint in this catagory that one should try to place the lips on the same area of the glass at each sip otherwise you can get lipstick smears outside the lips. I love lipstick, oh yes I do!
    May the stars carry your sadness away,
    May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
    May hope forever wipe away your tears,
    And, above all, may silence make you strong.

Chief Dan George

When wearing lipstick, before drinking from a glass, moisten your lips with your tongue. This will greatly reduce the transfer of the lipstick to the glass.

Jodi

Gold Member
    I get foundation residue on my shirt when I blow my nose in it, what could be causing that?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

My drinking glasses are all bent and broken from falling down too many times...what difference is a little lipstick going to make!

are you advising or selling?

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    When wearing lipstick, before drinking from a glass, moisten your lips with your tongue. This will greatly reduce the transfer of the lipstick to the glass.
    Jodi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirani View Post
    lick the outside rim of the glass before drinking from it. (it can be done with decorum!)
    Yup!!, This is how it's done...
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    The waitstaff doesn't seem to mind especially if you leave a "kiss" on the napkin next to the tip
    I like this a lot, and I love to see the mark of my lips on glasses and cups. I don't think of it as a problem. It's just one of those things that happen when one is wearing lipstick, and I love to wear lipstick.
    warmly, Linnea