Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Practical reasons for crossdressing

Practical reasons for crossdressing

Today I wore a pair of tights under my jeans all day at work for the purposes of a layer of unbulky warmth. I currently work in a home improvement store and had to greet people at the front door for a couple of hours, so it was nice to be up there able to do that with just the little added bit of warmth.

Anyone else have any experiences where being a crossdresser adds bit of practicality to your day?
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Crossdressing Practicality

Yup, I do the same thing. When I am out photographing when it gets cold I wear microfibre tights and pantyhose under my jeans and a cami under my t-shirt and sweat shirt and jacket. Yes, dressing in layers helps, I guess that is just something we learn really young in this darn cold climate we choose to live in midwest canada.

Smile

I wear tights under my jeans when I take the motorcycle to work on cool days.

I also grow my hair as I plan to donate it to Locks of Love (then I'll grow it again).

I don't like body hair, so I shave my arms, hands, wax my chest, and occasionally shave the legs. Someone once commented "so you are a runner, is that why you shave your arms?" my response was "no, I just don't like body hair."

So, I have long hair long nails and no hair on my arms legs and usually face. That's not suspicious, is it?
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

A few years ago, I rebuilt a dock at the cottage which requires being in the water for extended periods. The water isn't very warm at the best of times (19C on August 1 is typical). Working 3 weeks into September, I put two or three pair of sweats under a pair of 70 denier pantyhose. The idea was to stop the water from moving around my legs. It worked well enough to be tolerable for two or three hours at a time.

I've also worn pantyhose to keep warm on cold winter days.

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    I wear tights under my jeans because it relaxes me...is that a practical enough reason? If so, I just need a practical reason for the panties and the bra. Hmmmm...

-Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

Beside the fact that my toenails are painted and I wear panties exclusively I often wear thigh highs when the weather is cold. In fact I have more nylons than my wife. Played golf yesterday in a tournament wearing them. Have to love cold weather.

Gold Member
    Yes; Years ago, when I worked construction outside in the winter, I would
    would wear [I]Danskins[I] under my jeans. I got the shinny type so they
    would slide arround under my jesns and not bind up. You need to be flex-
    able when your up in the air so to speek. Rader

Every day throughout the last week--several days with -20F temperature and lower
    warmly, Linnea

Being a letter carrier in Michigan, I almost always wear tights under my pants in the winter. Much more comfortable than long underwear.

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    Two good uses that I've found... One is that panties are much easier to play tennis in than boxers or briefs. The other is that in my current job as a pizza delivery driver, I wear a bra with forms at work... The breasts are useful for leaning stuff against (or between) when I have to carry a lot of orders at once. Kinda fun too, to use one breast to balance the pizza and keep it from falling out of one hand while I'm getting the customer's money with my other hand. ;D

EDIT: I'm not sure I want to delve any deeper into this statement and what it means, but you be the judge: When I started wearing the bra and forms, my average tips per night DOUBLED. >_> Go figure.

I went to WallyMart last night for some pantyhose as we are experiencing arctic weather in sunny northeast California. I found some nice satin panties to go with the pantyhose. I rarely buy femme things in my little town but I figured that if anyone asked about my purchases I could say that the pantyhose was for the cold and that one is supposed to wear panties under pantyhose. It happened to be one of those unusual times that I saw no one I knew at WallyMart.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

You get more of a work out in heels while jogging, powerwalking, using a treadmill or stairs/steps. Also, tend to stand straighter, use fuller leg motions, developing rhythm and balance.

Although doing most of that in stillettos without decent ankle support, a safety net and a paramedic on stand by is akin to a suicide attempt - but if removed they can double as a weapon or tool, and fairly decent for gardening.

There's a lot of womens clothing which really is essentially unisex in appearance, work safe even and reality, there are far more affordable deals for womens clothing year around than there are options or decent sales for guys.

Plus more accessories and accent pieces to work with, which can be played butch or femme.

I've used nylons for the cold, but they're good for fishing as well among other things. Definitely a utilitarian survival item.

Since the weather here has been on the chilly side I've been wearing Leggs' active support pantyhose (which do make my legs feel better when standing for long perionds) or microfiber tights. I prefer panties under mine. A microfiber cami on top, and several other layers.

I am firmly convinced that high heels are great for helping you stand straight and for tyring to work with a curvature of the spine. Since I have the precurser to spinal osteoporosis, I believe that wearing heels is good for my back.

Interestingly, back a number of years ago, the U.S. Army did some research and concluded that the best heel height was around 2". Go Army!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I dress to feel pretty Tina P Hose's Avatar
    My most practical reason for crossdressing is because it makes me feel good.
    From Madrid to Montreal that underneath it all that Tina prefers pantyhose

Back in high school we wore nylons under our football uniforms to helps us stay warm on the sidelines. On the field you were to busy to get to cold or should I say notice.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I do not wear panties, but when I had a case of epididymitis, I wore panties because they provided the best support, reliving some of the pressure and pain.
    Drumming, My other hobby

I wear tights under my pants so often in the Winter i don't even really consider it crossdressing anymore, just a good thing to do to keep warm!

If ANY article of clothing should be taken back by men, tights make the most sense. Who doesn't need a few extra layers in the Winter?
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Practical reasons for crossdressing

yes Iw ear panty hose a lot wen not dressed to keep warm

I have used my wife's tights under my suits when doing a funeral outside in the winter, I have worn them under my jeans while riding my bike. I know of many hunters, who do not CD, that wear them while dear hunting. It is just a smart form of warmth.

Nylons and pantyhose, make good filters, for paint, and automotive fluids, and, in emergencies, can be used as a fanbelt temprary fix.

I have also worn tights under jeans when I have to be outdoors on a cold winter day. Works a lot better than coveralls or a snowsuit, IMO, if you still want to be able to move around freely.

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    Fisherman often wear tights under the waterproofs/trousers, specially in winter, but I've never had this need to wear items without being dressed. Ie for me it all or nothing, the works or nothing, I can honestly say, I've never worn any items under my male clothes just to wear them out of need.

Never wore the tights whilst fishing either.
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

I Agree with you all 100%

Tights work real well when it's cold!

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    It appears that we may be on track for nominating pantyhose as one of the world's most versatile inventions...right next to duct tape! ;D