Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Department Store After Hours

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    Never had that fantasy. But I also used to work for a company that inventoried alot of department stores, so I had plenty of time to eye shop, and imagine.

Pratically a universal fantasy

Yes, I had that fantasy when I was very young.

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aggi123 View Post
    Of course i've had that little fantasy! I first got that fantasy after seeing a terrible movie called Comet, or something along that where everyone in the world died and the lead actress went to a department store and tried on all the clothes. That would be a lot of fun to be in there.
    The movie you are referring to is "Night of the Comet" I believe with the gorgeous Catherine Mary Stuart.

It would be nice for that to happen, even now.

It would be spent in the womens section all night, trying on everything. I would have eleven hrs of fun and two hrs of hiding (one when they close and one before they open).
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Not only have I had the same fantasy, but I also have wanted to open my own department store and buy all the things I like to wear. Not sure I would make a profit, but I would be happy.

I too had that ongoing fantasy for alot of years....I think if it ever had happened the first place i would have hit would have been the candy counter ...bet alot of you gals do not remember back when high end stores use sell fine candies by the pound as well clothes and shoes OK..OK ...i know lettin my true age out.. But I was a choclate covered raisin junckie... Only after i had wiped out the candy bin.. i think i might have waddled my big butt over to the makeup counter and put every color they had there on my face all at once before i pass out from too much sugar....

I know...Silly ....But i still love the make up counter and the overly made up Sales Gals...I just love them they are all really cute...not only that i have fount that most are more than willing to help a CD with thier make up ...if you just ask...

Now a days my fantasy is to actually land a Part time Job selling make up a dept store some day ...

Joann

I was working in loss prevention for Sears in the Bay Area when I had to open so I was one of the few people in the store at that hour. I was always admiring the lingerie and this was my chance to try stuff on with out anyone around because I controlled the camera's. I went to the department and selected clothing and brought it back to the Loss Prevention office and put it all on. I sat there and enjoyed the thrill until someone came and knocked on the door. I told them to wait and stripped it all off and returned the clothing.

Like being locked in a store, what a trill to remember.

Allison

That would be a great way to spend the night I would head to lingerie then to check out the dresses

You and I must have had the same identical fantasy. When I was in high school I rode city buses and had to transfer buses downtown. The stop where I caught the bus for home was in front of the main entrance to one of the largest department stores downtown. The lingerie dept was located on the main floor and I would sometimes wander through admiring all the pretty lingerie before my bus came. I wished that somehow I would be locked in all night so I could try on all the pretty panties, bras, slips, girdles, and stockings. But alas it was only a fantasy and all I could do was dream about it.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

For me, I would first head over to the Shoe Dept (of course..what else <g>) and then have to go to dresses to match the new pair of shoes that I have on. Honestly, I really don't know if I would make it to the dress department, especially is I were locked inside Nordstroms for the night..

Abigail,

What a wonderful post. It was one of my fantasies way before I even reached puberty and I almost forgot about it.

My fantasy always ended when the store reopened in the morning and I turned into a manequin for the day---only to come to life again at night.

That has always been a fantasy of mine.
    I did come close to it recently. A womens consignment store. I contacted the owner and explained I was a CD, wanted to try things to find my style and size but did not want to bother her customers. She offered to meet me before hours and let me shop. She ended up handing me skirts and tops and a couple of Dresses she thought would fit and I tried them on and she checked them out for fit It was so fun, she was very nice and I definitely bought some outfits. I asked about shoes size 10 ,she laughed and said that is her size so the good ones end up on her feet but i did find a pair of heels!
    No lingere in the shop though, a big part of my fantasy. But a fun memorable morning!

Mr Benn

Oh this thread takes me back.
    Marks and Spencer, green carrier bags. 1967 onwards. my mum used to wear proper foundation wear even though she was under 30.
    I often dreamed of staying there overnight.
    At home I had a choice of up to maybe 10 pairs of panties.
    That shop had piles, in reality I would not know where to begin!
    In reality in those days there were no cameras.

There used to be a cartoon show (in UK) called Mr Benn.
    Based on a fancy dress costume shop.
    I loved the idea of going there to dress.
    The story always begins in the changing room as Mr Benn looked in the mirror and went off on an adventure.
    This thread has reminded me to finish the CD version miss Benn I began writing some time ago.

Ginger

Prefer the daytime

I would much rather just dress up and shop with the real women during the day. Have done this many times and loved it.

Since we're talking fantasy

I'd start with lingerie, trying on everything that I used to wear when I was a kid in my mother's closet. I only underdress right now, but with the proper foundations, I would certainly then try on some dresses, skirt, you name it. I've never worn women's shoes (by the time I dressed, my feet were larger than mom's) but I would try to find some to see how that felt.

I can't believe that no one else has mentioned this, but then I would go (dressed, of course) to the hardware section and pick out some of the tools that I'd like to have.

Depending on the time remaining, I'd find my way over to the sporting goods and pick up something for golfing, fishing, etc.

Again, since this is a fantasy, I assume that we can keep whatever we like, and so that is what I'd go after.

Cute and Southern Fried KerryLynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    OK all you killjoys that are talking about security cameras and such cut it out! Abigail is asking about fantasy, make believe, "what if" kind of stuff. Not reality.
    But we want to be caught on camara
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Evil Monkey..... ooops wrong panties

A Real Story

Thanks all. I enjoyed reading all these posts. There are some interesting stories and twists to the fantasy. Good stuff.

I had a friend whose dad's business did sewing contracts for variaious lingerie companies. I always loved visiting the place and seeing all the lingerie.

I remember one time when my friend gave me some lingerie to give to my girlfriend. I of course kept some of the pieces for myself. She even had me dress up in some of those that I gave to her.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Gold Member
    Many years ago, Myself and 3 other fellow carpenders were Locked in a (remodeling) Jean Nicole store for about 2 weeks. From 10 pm to 7 am; I believe that they are gone now, but they were a high end Ladies Fashion Store. However we were looked after by the Store Manager. O how I Wished I could have been alone for a short time. Only thing that kept me from going crazy was they did not even come close to my sizes. Biggest was maybe a size 20 or 1X I need a little bigger However I still did a lot fo feeling
    of the goods. Rader

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile Abigail, it's so weird you mentioned this....

When in my late teenager years, I worked part time in a Sears dept store and that was a fantasy I had every night when I worked there. I wished so much that one night I would be trapped in the store and could wear all the clothes I wanted to. Then I also thought about going into security and becoming a night watchman for a large store, so I could wander the store and wear whatever I wanted too. It's funny how so many of us have had similar fantasies. Kimberly Marie Kelly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

Department Store After Hours

I'm sure it would bew fun playing dress up all night but what happends wen the store opens??

Mary Tyler Moore wannabe MarinaKirax's Avatar
    Oh definitely had that one. But not in a 'price is right' type shopping spree, but a very leisurely and workmanlike way, working my way through everything. Thinking, "Well, if I'm going to be a woman I guess I'll need a some skirts, and some shoes, and of course I'll have to get a longline bra and a girdle, and a corslette....." never made it past the pantyhose and bras in my dreams.
    God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I've ever met. Farrah Fawcett