Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does Your Favorite Movie Reflect Your Feminine Side or Masculine Side?

Everyone in our house knows mine "Princess Bride" and I'd have to say, up on the list is The Devil Wears Prada. And a old favorite and still up on the list Rocky Horror Picture Show, used to go see it a lot at the midnight showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Don't think so..... You'll never guess what mine are? "Kelly's Heros" and "Stripes". Ohh yeah!!! That's a fact .... Jack!! Lol.
    Kelly's Heros is awesome. We used to watch it almost every weekend on Laser Disc at my friends house. Got to agree it is a classic.

Also, Raiders of the Lost Arc and Jaws are my two favorites so I guess they are pretty manyly.

still in training bra Elaine Michelle's Avatar

It's A Wonderful Life

Here's my question. Does your favorite movie reflect your feminine side or your masculine side?
    At the moment I happen to be watching my favorite movie, "It's A Wonderful Life".

Does it reflect my feminine or masculine side?

I don't think so. It reflects my human side. I think that all of us would like to believe that, despite the occasional feeling of futility, the world is at least a somewhat better place because of our being alive.

Oh, gotta go, Clarence just fell in the river!

Elaine
    Last edited by Elaine Michelle; 12-12-2009 at 10:25 PM.

this is sad. not sad as in bohoo but sad as in strange.
    My fave 2 movies are:
    1) RAZORBACK
    2) and the all time great---------- Convoy
    see told you it was sad
    guess they are not fem movies

I say my masculine side, the movie is "The Lord of the Rings". I loved the books and the movies were great, all three.

Christina

Maybe a favourite

Mr & Mrs Smith...

Does it mean I am inbetween?

The Back to the Future Trilogy.
    I thought for sure that would point to my masculine side, but then I remembered that Michael J Fox plays his sister in the 2nd movie. (Quite well too!)
    Also love the Princess Bride.

favorite movie

my favorite movie is Magnum Force, Or any of the dirty harry series. The other movie i like is 3:10 to Yuma
    I love being a girl

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicola2876 View Post
    Goodfellas is my fave but love Weird Science.
    Gotta love Kelly LeBrock in that movie. She's amazing and gorgeous!

"An American President" with Annette Benning and Michael Douglas is definitely my fav. Just imagine being romanced by a hunky man who just happens to be the most powerful man in the world. Yummerini!!!

Hugs, Marci
    Last edited by MarciManseau; 12-13-2009 at 10:01 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    Masculine.

I really don't have a favourite movie, as I really enjoy a good film, and a good laugh, so my tastes range from 633 Squadron, to trading places. sitting here, I could not just name one movie with out listing 10 more I would want to watch as well.
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

Hmmm, Forrest Gump. I do imagine myself as Jennie so I guess that's the feminine side!

fave movie of all time is seven brides for seven brothers(i love the barn raising fight)dont know what side it shows really other faves are pulp fiction,shawshank redemption and prissilla, queen of the desert!

stacy marie

Hmm my tastes vary so much but Forest Gump, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and the Girl Next Door are my top 3 favorite movies.. I guess that would lean mostly masculine in movie choice... However I do love a good chick flick every now and then, but I'm more about the romantic comedy then gushy stuff in that genre.

Pretty much 50/50 Star Wars & Raiders of the Lost Ark
    both have strong male roles and strong female roles, I mean who didn't like Karen Allen doing shots with the locals and punching Indiana or Leia taking charge when she was supposed to be rescued from the prisoner section in Star Wars.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EveMarie View Post
    "And now for something completely different…"

I think I own 3 versions of that, as far as comedy goes, they were tops

"A Fish Called Wanda" was great also

I blame the transgenderism of our generation on Monty Python. Look what their humor did to all of us young impressionable youth! If I every get to meet any members of the troupe I am going to give them a big hug and tell them thanks!
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Mainly mad on Sci Fi .. favourite movies have to be the Back to the future trilogy ..followed by a feel good movie Top Gun.. however i got a bit of a lump in my throat watching The Green Mile... and yet also enjoyed singing along to Mama Mia.. i think that covers all my traits..
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feminine side. My favorite movie is "Tipping The Velvet". It is a romance movie about a woman falling in love with another woman, set in the 1800's in the UK. I could relate to it since I'm more of a bi-les-cd type.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieOH View Post
    my favorite movie is somewhere in time. Christopher Reeves and the lovely Jane Seymour... and yes, i have fantasized about being her in that movie.. love the dresses.i cry like a baby when i watch it
    I was just thinking about this movie two days ago. I love that movie.
    SRS January 27

I have so many too choose from, but I would have to say... Fight Club awesome movie and I always thought Brad Pit was hot in it.
    I’m falling down the rabbit hole and loving the trip down.

How can you not mention "The Maltese Falcon"? Bogart, Sidney Greenstreet and, for the fem side, Mary Astor and Peter Lorre. John Huston's maiden directorial effort, the first "film noir" and perhaps the greatest American film of all time!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Quote Originally Posted by az_azeel View Post
    Mainly mad on Sci Fi .. favourite movies have to be the Back to the future trilogy...
    I too love science-fiction. What other science-fiction films do you like?

Astrid
    "Chuck, you know that I adore all of God's creatures and the metaphors that they inspire, but those butterflies have got to be murdered!" - Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl "Seventeen Candles")