Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Your Favorite Movie Reflect Your Feminine Side or Masculine Side?

Smile Does Your Favorite Movie Reflect Your Feminine Side or Masculine Side?

Hi Girls,

Here's my question. Does your favorite movie reflect your feminine side or your masculine side?

I love movies of all types, horror, sci-fi, mystery, action, drama and musicals.

However, mine reflects my feminine side.

My all time favorite movie is ...... (now wait for it) ...... Mama Mia

I love that movie!!! I fantasize that I'm one the beautiful girls wearing a gorgeous dress and dancing. I love it!!!

Vicki

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    Ummm, my favorite movie, sadly, is The Empire Strikes Back. What is that say? Besides the fact that I'm a Star Wars geek? It is the love story of the saga...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

Not so much a feminine side, but I have thought about this movie and struggling with my own identity. Particularly because I have a twin. It's about identical twin doctors who share every day occurances with each other, even a woman who has no idea there are two. Great movie by david cronenburg.

Dead Ringers
    removed

'Citizen Kane' is my all time favorite, don't know if that shows off my male or female side. Other favorites are 'Priscilla, Queen of the Desert' and 'Rocky Horror' these may indicate something.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I love "Sleepless in Seattle" No matter how many times I see it it makes me cry, but I love "The wild Bunch" also, and it's wild,violent,bloody.shoot em up western. Maybe that makes me a girly girl......til it's time not to be a girly girl??
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

'some like it hot' is superb, but I think the farce is funnier in 'La cage aux folles'. it was remade as 'the birdcage' with English dialogue but it's not as good.

masculine /feminine: somewhere in between

Don't think so..... You'll never guess what mine are? "Kelly's Heros" and "Stripes". Ohh yeah!!! That's a fact .... Jack!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Goodfellas is my fave but love Weird Science.

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    I think I have a favorite for each side of me..."Star Wars" (the 1977 one) for one of me and "Made in Heaven" for the other. I love 'em both!

Anyone ever see the gender-bending film "Orlando"? That's also one I like.
    -Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

Dances with Wolves....yes it's true.To be able to come from a world you know is not right for you and find a place where you find yourself and are accepted for yourself is a true love story. Oh yeah I really like Indian movies too.

Love Sarah

I have always favored war movies but My actual favorites are South Pacific and You've got mail. Masculine side with a strong desire to be femme.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

my favorite movie is somewhere in time. Christopher Reeves and the lovely Jane Seymour... and yes, i have fantasized about being her in that movie.. love the dresses.i cry like a baby when i watch it

My favorite movie is Across the Universe, sooo i guess its somewhere inbetween?

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    For me I am a comedy, action and adventure movie fan! However I like Woman on Top, JuWanna Mann, Naked Gun Series, Matrix Series, Star Trek Series and Too Wong Foo.

So I guess I am all over the place

I love all the James Bond movies. Action and all the beautiful Bond girls.

First movie I ever stayed up past my bedtime to watch on television was Some Like It Hot. Which side does that reflect?

Im with Sarahnme, Dances with Wolves, but the Color Purple and Out of Africa are a close second and third.

Loves Pantyhose Melissa in hose's Avatar
    My favorite movie of all time has to be Office space. I even own a red stapler in my home office. "Is it good for the company?"

Schindlers list

The movie was so true and sad,I guess i'm an emotional gurl,Nancy

My favourite film reflects my masculine side, according to what is considered to be traditionally "masculine".

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964).

Astrid
    "Chuck, you know that I adore all of God's creatures and the metaphors that they inspire, but those butterflies have got to be murdered!" - Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl "Seventeen Candles")

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky-Z
    Here's my question. Does your favorite movie reflect your feminine side or your masculine side?
    [SIZE="2"]My favorite movies definitely reflect my feminine “side,” since I forge a connection with the main female character (but not the actress). In actuality, it all depends on the personality of the main figure in the film, and this transcends gender. I mean, if there is a sensitive boy (or adult male) in a movie, this character can out-shine any females in the vicinity. Being a crossdresser, I’m on the look out for such rare moments, and I find them now and then. A few come to mind:

Ma Vie En Rose – Ludo, the boy who thinks he’s a girl, is just a beautiful person…
    The Secret Garden – I watched this to see the girl, but the boys stole the show…
    The Graffiti Artist – All boys, all sensitive -- well, they’re artists, aren’t they? This movie had an unexpected love scene...
    Pitch Black – I just love the “Jack” character, a girl being a boy for reasons of acceptance…
    Paper Moon -- The characterization of Addie Pray, an adult in a girl's body, fascinates me, even though it's all a fabrication orchestrated by the director... [/SIZE]

Let me see.Wizard of Oz,Anything Disney.Nope quess not
    Kimmy 55

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    One of the films that fascinates me over and over again is Koyaanisqatsi -- a film with no dialog and no plot, but an amazing soundtrack (by Philip Glass). As a movie, it is a "trip" or perhaps a revelation -- something that cannot be understood intellectually but goes directly into your heart and brain, invoking both awe at the beauty and a sense that "This is not right!". Awe and sense of injustice are "traditionally" female traits, but I'm sure you would find plenty of "males" who would rate the film very highly even though it is not a film you can articulate or be competitive about. So either what "tradition" says is wrong, or there are a lot fewer "males" who exactly fit the tradition than is commonly thought.

But not every favourite movie has to be high-brow. I have a weakness for the 1980 SF/action movie Flash Gordon -- the one with the sound-track by Queen. Does there have to be an explanation for everything? :-) (There is a nice analysis of the soundtrack. The URL is too long to type in over this text interface, but you should find it at flash gordon queen quietus as the first hit.)

My favorite is an HBO movie called Band Of Brothers. Since it is a true story and has my two criteria for a excellent film (good horses and things must blow up) ) (I'm a retired history teacher) there you go. Saving Private Ryan would fit in here as well (no horses) and Gettysburg too. See a Pattern?
    joank
    Southern California

I've been watching movies for a looong time so my favorites cover several eras. Some favorites are definetly manly but there are several chic flicks too...My Fair Lady, Working Girl, Moonstruck, Sleepless in Seattle, While You Were Sleeping