Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossdresser Versus Diaperman

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    did you know some people paid MONEY to go watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force at the theatres? WHAT is the world coming to? Folks if you don't know what it is, it is worse than French cinema.

Scientific fact - Aqua Teen Hunger Force just SUCKS
    Uh, would that be Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon? Or Aqua Teen Hunger Force Zombie Ninja Pro-Am?
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Gold Member
    The little girl thing -
    Oh yeah I have seen that a time or two, typically it seems older TG want to do that. They will wear like these petty coat outfits and dresses that would look good on Swiss Miss.

I don't know, sure I break gender rules myself but if I am to dress as a woman, I like to dress for my age and figure.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by msginaadoll View Post
    Maybe the time has come to toss on my sequin ball gown put on a tiara and hit the mall. Anyone want to join me?
    Sure, I might even play it low-key to my fantasies of going to a reunion with "The Homecoming Queen's Got A Gun" playing through the room along with almost every cliche to be had.

Despite my nature I do take myself or issues too seriously more often than I should.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaM View Post
    I don't consider my crossdressing to be just a fetish. I consider it an internal female identity. So, I think the diaper guy is way different.
    Quote Originally Posted by msginaadoll View Post
    Amanda, that was just what i was getting at in my post. "You" dont think that your dressing is a fetish. However others are not so quick to come to the same judgement. The man in the diapers may have seen himself in a different way than I viewed him.
    This is very much an eye opener for me as well. Thanks for bringing it up!

I always thought of infantilism as a fetish, but that's because I associated it with behaviors that are done in private, strictly for sexual gratification, although I don't know much about it. It never occurred to me that someone might actually identify that way and find (at least at times) a feeling of non-sexual comfort in expressing himself that way, and might further feel a sense of freedom or elation in being able to do so in public, if he felt he could go out and be accepted without being judged .... just like a CD wanting to express her femme self.

Lots of CDs do admit they dress for purely sexual reasons ... the stereotypical view being that these CDs keep it behind closed doors, they don't try nor do they want blend, they don't identify femme, and they mostly wear what excites them sexually. But, when I read posts and look at the pics in the Gallery from the CDs who do not feel their dressing is paraphilic, there are still many sexy, suggestive outfits and sentiments. And as you say, many enjoy wearing edgier clothing in clubs for example. And unlike GGs, they don't do it to attract a sexual partner, but more because the focus is on feeling sexy. There is a subtle difference. So one can hardly say the sexual element disappears entirely even among the CDs who identify as female and who dress in public to blend.

You bring up an inderesting point, an added dimension to the mix. You are questioning whether the paraphilic difference between the infantilist and the average CD is only a question of degree .... you bring up the possibility they either are both paraphiles, or they are not. Interesting. I never thought of it this way and I would not be so quick to rule it out entirely, at least not across the board.

The TSs I know do not overly preoccupy themselves with clothing ... the image I have in mind is a TS who enjoys looking nice, but who would just as soon be seen in cute jeans and sneakers than fishnets, sexy shoes, and a curve-hugging dress.

Before anyone gets upset, I am not saying this is my belief and it is true. It is merely a point that I had not previously thought as having the possibility of being valid .. the idea that the average CDs, because of their focus on looks, clothing, and wanting to feel sexy as opposed to purely feeling female (they are not the same thing), are closer to the fetishistic aspect of dressing than I had previously thought.
    Reine

It's one thing to see someone in a bar wearing a diaper with no pants, being mostly nude, or dressing up like a child... However, to see these people in a different locale such as one's workplace is a completely different thing.

Being understanding as to how someone looks does not mean that the understanding is valid for anytime and anywhere.

Robyn P.

Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    A number of months ago, perhaps even a year or more ago, someone did one of those "What if your wife came home one day and wanted to start wearing a packer?" type of threads, except they phrased it in such a way as to compare crossdressers to the Adult Children community. There was a fair bit of negative response, partly because the original poster in that thread phrased it in terms of cross-dressers being freaks (or at least would, to the general public, be perceived as being as much of a freak as an Adult Child would likely be perceived.)

Myself, I recognize that I am not comfortable with Adult Children, and my instinct is that there is a big gap between crossdressing and Adult Children -- but I do not have available a rationale for asserting that such a gap exists, so I do not presently claim that my instinct has objective truth. Prejudice, perhaps.
    I'm sure the adult children would think that there's a big gap between them and CDers also--but they'd believe that "THEY" are the more normal ones. That's because they're used to wearing diapers, so it doesn't same strange to them, just as CDing doesn't seem strange to you because you're used to it

I think your average person who belongs to neither group probably thinks of both groups as equally far away from the norm. Hard to prove without a survey though.

Quote Originally Posted by RobynP View Post
    It's one thing to see someone in a bar wearing a diaper with no pants, being mostly nude, or dressing up like a child... However, to see these people in a different locale such as one's workplace is a completely different thing.

Being understanding as to how someone looks does not mean that the understanding is valid for anytime and anywhere.

Robyn P.
    Some people would say the same about CDing though.Judge not lest..well, you know the rest.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

The self-identity spectrum?

I used to think of it as a continuum, a bell curve where there were a couple of distinct ends of the spectrum. I'm beginning to think it's more like a pile of mashed potatoes on the plate. And that's before the gravy.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

It strikes me the issue is more about social convention than anything else. Culturally we rely on rules that dictate what is and is not acceptable, based for example on the idea that that men shouldn't wear skirts in public because they are men, or for that matter shouldn't wear diapers because they are adults. Or women shouldn't walk around looking like hookers. And people in general should look as if they are hygienic.

People do have a revulsion towards what falls outside of the norms and the popular explanation is this is because of social conditioning, which can be changed with education and laws. But I sometimes wonder if it is not more about hard-wiring, if as a whole we disapprove of behaviors or indications of behaviors that do not fall in line with the survival or our species and the proper functioning of our society.
    Reine

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Thanks, Ms Gina!

U MAY have stumbled upon something LESS acceptable than a CDer in a mask!?
    ( I wonder if Sherry'd look cute in diapers?)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    The little girl thing -
    Oh yeah I have seen that a time or two, typically it seems older TG want to do that.
    I don't know, sure I break gender rules myself but if I am to dress as a woman, I like to dress for my age and figure.
    Gosh, Nicole, I CAN'T IMAGINE why ANYONE would want to appear younger than they REALLY r?

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I always thought of infantilism as a fetish, but that's because I associated it with behaviors that are done in private, strictly for sexual gratification, although I don't know much about it.

Lots of CDs do admit they dress for purely sexual reasons ... the stereotypical view being that these CDs keep it behind closed doors, they don't try nor do they want blend, they don't identify femme, and they mostly wear what excites them sexually.
    the idea that the average CDs, because of their focus on looks, clothing, and wanting to feel sexy as opposed to purely feeling female (they are not the same thing), are closer to the fetishistic aspect of dressing than I had previously thought.
    Here's another thot for u, Reine. I have TRIED to dress so as to appear as a young girl. I've also dressed as elegant, older ladies. And I admit to dressing for sexual reasons MOST of the time, and I'm not expressing my "inner woman"! I don't find EITHER of these female images sexually exciting at all!

So, why do I attempt to portray them? I'm NOT SURE! The standard answer, "Because, I CAN", doesn't really explain it!

Grabbed Frame 212.JPG45308.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I don't consider my crossdressing to be just a fetish. I consider it an internal female identity. So, I think the diaper guy is way different.
    Exactly my thoughts on the subject.
    Sarah

And adult babies consider their habit an internal childlike identity. When that first baby thread was posted, I went to an adult baby forum and found a thread comparing infantilism to other fetishes. Sure enough, several people said that being an adult baby is nowhere near as freakish as being a CD.

It's all about perspective, folks.

My perspective

Adult babies would seem to be a case of arrested development, something happened during their childhood which locked them into a particular place. The normal course for all species is to grow-up to adulthood and leave the trappings of baby-hood behind. This suggests to me adult babies are in need of therapy to help them move past their blockage.

Not so sure the same thing applies to men who dress as women or men who want to be women. It would depend on the person and their motivations for their behavior. GG's often swing back and forth between a feminine and masculine look, hence, it ought to be "normal" for men to do the same thing. Unfortunately, in our culture, it isn't considered normal, but I would argue in this case, the cultural view is biased and in need of correction.

Hence, my "perspective" is that adult-babies are in need of therapy, and our western culture needs to correct it's bias against men who want to appear feminine.
    -Meri

Central Ohio

sound's like fun. It is interesting at least to me how "normal" people precive the unusal. My ex "a domanatrix" had a AB fetish wear she would dress me up like a little girl and put me in a diaper. one time she even took me thru down town at closing time to show me off. And i often think to myself,on to one man his own. I have seen cd/tg/gay/lesi/nude's/very few in person ab's and you know what i have come to. If you take away there outfit's what do you have....the same as you when your naked. Everyone aspires to be there own person be it a guy in a dress,or someone in a diaper. I would have a drink with him for sure,bet there would a life long freind to make

and in adding to the post above,i watched something on secret live's of woman about fetishes that included a AB. And she said that when we are baby's we are cared for and takin care of every need fulfilled but we are to young to enjoy it. AB get to have best of both world's they get to be adult's out and about and at home be takin care of like a baby would. I find nothing wrong with that at all
    Last edited by AmberLynn; 12-15-2009 at 02:29 PM.
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

Bugs was my first exposure to cd'ing.And he was gooood too! Carol

I'm not gonna lie, besides dressing, one of my fetishes is wearing diapers. I don't wear the petty coats or do the little girl thing, I keep dressing and wearing of the diapers seperate. I haven't done the diaper thing in like 2yrs.

Iono why I wear, but for me I would only wear a diaper in confines of my own place and not out in public. Iono thats just me.
    Last edited by Daintre; 12-15-2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: A bit to much information
    I've got some issues that nobody can see
    And all of these emotions are pouring outta me
    I bring them to the light for you
    It's only right
    This is the soundtrack to my life
    The soundtrack to my life ohhhh --Cudi

Each to their own surely. We are the last people who can judge anybody else. And if it gives us a laugh, so what. What are we doing to others? So be proud of whether you are a baby, a schoolgirl, a french maid, whatever. Enjoy it and have fun!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

He has an advantage over you. He can go in his diaper and still be the person he is appearing to be.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

here is a good article about ab/dl's http://www.villagevoice.com/2002-08-...ll-in-diapers/

Smile From the other side?

Why hello there, I'm Loopy (as my user name suggests) and I'm an ab :X. Yes, we're keeping an eye on this thread from our underground bunker on a pacific island (think Thunderbirds, but with more teddies).

Ok, enough sillyness, someone posted a link to this thread on an abdl forum, which is how I found my way here. It is interesting seeing how another subculture/fetish/lifestyle/whatever views my own subculture/fetish/lifestyle, and most posts here shows what I'd expect, an acceptance for someone different, if a little basic on knowledge of what an ab is (same with me and my knowledge of crossdressers really). Also, reading what you've all got to say about abs makes me look at what I think of crossdressers, I might be a little more understanding, but only because there are a large contingent of TGs, Sissies (guys who like to be little girls) and CDs already in the community, who I consider good people.
    The major thing I see here is alot of people assuming that Abism is a fetish for everyone involved. It is for some, for others its more of a lifestyle choice, for others it's a bit of both. Just the same as crossdressing I bet. Also some like to wear nappies all the time, others every now and then as a release. Again the same as crossdressing. I think there's alot of similarities between these two subcultures, ab's want to get in contact with their juvenile side, whilst cds want to get in contact with their feminist side, we're both get weird looks when we go out in public dressed up, we're both for the most part normal people, with a normal life, but with a weird "thing" tacked onto it. And there's different levels that people take it too, from someone wearing/playing in the bedroom, to someone who goes shopping in full on outfits. I may be simplifying things, but well I only know my side of this coin :P.

Quote Originally Posted by meri View Post
    Adult babies would seem to be a case of arrested development, something happened during their childhood which locked them into a particular place. The normal course for all species is to grow-up to adulthood and leave the trappings of baby-hood behind. This suggests to me adult babies are in need of therapy to help them move past their blockage.

Not so sure the same thing applies to men who dress as women or men who want to be women. It would depend on the person and their motivations for their behavior. GG's often swing back and forth between a feminine and masculine look, hence, it ought to be "normal" for men to do the same thing. Unfortunately, in our culture, it isn't considered normal, but I would argue in this case, the cultural view is biased and in need of correction.

Hence, my "perspective" is that adult-babies are in need of therapy, and our western culture needs to correct it's bias against men who want to appear feminine.
    This is the post that made me sign up and want to reply. This is the only post that made me well quite angry really. The assumption that all AB's need to be in therapy is pretty degrading and hurtful. As for a case of arrested development, for the most part (there's always some bad eggs, I'm sure you get em as well :X) we're normal people. We have a life, we have cars, houses, families, friends, and hobbies, we're not stuck at a mental age of 2, not able to move on from some event in the past. Did the past cause us to be abs? maybe, maybe we just liked that bit of our life so much that we enjoy visiting it again. Basically, we're like everyone else, just sometimes we want to be little again.
    If I said "Hence, my "perspective" is that Crossdressers are in need of therapy, and our western culture needs to correct it's bias against men who want to appear childish." Maybe you can see where I'm coming from.

If you want to see what the other side is saying here's a link to the thread http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/in...howtopic=19357

Well I guess that's it for now, if it seems like the ramblings of a madman, that's because the men in white coats haven't caught up with me. Who ever you are, as long as you are happy with who you are, well that's all that matters isn't it?
    Loopy
    Last edited by Loopy; 12-15-2009 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Stuff

Smile

Wow we have some smart folks on this forum. I enjoyed reading all the posts but wow, some went right over my head. I did gradiate colage but I guess I aint no rocket scientist. Im glad to read some many perspectives, and thank you Loopy for sharing yours. My post was just meant to be a light hearted viw of the need for tolerance and hopefully acceptance of others. Even though I have no clue why anyone would ever want to put on a diaper. Heck I hate the way my boxers feel at times under my clothes. Now a thong I understand, or maybe some nice french cut panties or.....

Is it a little funny that some men who prance around in dresses look down on people who choose to wear diapers?
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    Why hello there, I'm Loopy (as my user name suggests) and I'm an ab :
    --- alot of people assuming that Abism is a fetish for everyone involved. It is for some, for others its more of a lifestyle choice, for others it's a bit of both. Just the same as crossdressing I bet.Loopy
    Sounds like we have something ELSE in common with the AB community:
    We BOTH seem to feel the need to separate ourselves from those HORRIBLE FETISH FOLKS!

However, (and without knowing ANYTHING about AB's), I'll bet MOST of them get some sort of charge from it, same as most CDs!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Sounds like we have something ELSE in common with the AB community:
    We BOTH seem to feel the need to separate ourselves from those HORRIBLE FETISH FOLKS!

However, (and without knowing ANYTHING about AB's), I'll bet MOST of them get some sort of charge from it, same as most CDs!
    Hey, I'm not gonna lie, for me a major part of it is fetish, just some do want to distance themselves from the sexual side. The thing is... even after I get my rocks off I like to stay "little" for a while at least . So for me its a bit of both.

Trannie T: I think that's part of the human condition, we always looking for someone we can feel superior too. Personally I stick to looking down on Scientologists .

Lightbulb Both points of view

Before I speak my piece on this... I'm trans. K, now that's out there.

For some of you, crossdressing is a fetish. For others, it's a reflection of your inner female.
    I never really had a CDer phase. I tried "genderqueer" for like a week, then plunged head first in to full transition... however... My chosen appearance, how I speak, the name I carry... All these things reflect me, the fact that I'm a woman regardless of what my birth certificate says. I'm sure that all makes sense to all of you.

So that guy at the bar... People assume he's in a diaper as some fetish, to get his jollies. Just the same as some of you (I said SOME not ALL) put on a dress for your jollies, that might very well be true for him.
    However, for others, like myself, child-like behaviors, a pacifier, teddy bear, what-have-you, is not at all a fetish, but a reflection of my inner child self.

So who am I? Part little girl, part 26 year old woman. I balance them till it works. I don't have a male persona. He was fake and no longer exists. What's left is the real me. Part of that real me never grew up and doesn't want to.

My point?
    Don't assume it's a fetish, and y'all might have more in common with him than you think.

I don't remember the screen name of the tolerant poster (original poster?), but I applaud your tolerance.