Thread: I have that dress!

Smile I have that dress!

I was just out doing some errands and while in line at the grocery store, I saw a girl walk over to the bank line. She was wearing a long coat, but about eight inches or so of her dress stuck out past the bottom of the coat. The yellow flowered patteren caught my eye and I thought, "I like that pattern. Wait a minute... I like that pattern because I have that dress!" In fact, the dress is the one I'm wearing in my avatar.

I kept positioning myself so I could watch her as she was blocked by other people. And as I drove through the parking lot she walked out, holding hands with some guy. I wanted so much to tell her I had the same dress but of course, I wouldn't do so. I did have to go home and put my dress on before writing this message. And I do wish she hadn't had the coat on so I could have seen how the whole thing looked on her.

I've had that happen a couple of other times. fifteen or twenty years ago, I was waiting at an outdoor pickup window at an A&W restaurant for my order. A car drove up and a family got out. The young woman in the family had the same shoes that I had bought at Payless a few months before. Again, I couldn't keep my eyes off of her feet.

The other time was early this year when my dressing really picked up pace. I had just bought new clothes other than panties for the first time in over a decade. One of the items was a zebra print skirt from Penneys. Soon after getting it, I saw a guest on a local Phoenix daytime talk show wearing the same skirt. I wished at the time I had the DVD recorder ready to record her appearance in myskirt. A few weeks later, I again saw it on a mannequin in a Penneys in San Diego. Not as cool as seeing a real woman wear something I have but still neat as I had bought it online.

Has that happened to any of you and what is your reaction when you see a GG wearing something you actually own?

I feel a little flattered and a little frustrated that I don't look as good as she does in it, or I think to myself that maybe I look as good or better than she does in that dress--LOL!
    warmly, Linnea

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    I've seen my 3 3/4" patent payless black heels on another woman. I also wanted to say "Oh, my gosh, I have those same shoes. Don't you just love them?"
    -Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

I recently saw this black tunic on my wife, come to find out she borrowed it from me.

I've had this experience with shoes, but not a dress yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TabbyJames View Post
    I recently saw this black tunic on my wife, come to find out she borrowed it from me.
    Yes, have had that weird experience a few times. My spouse is kind enough to ask before she borrows my stuff though.

Still, it means that we'll end up somewhere with her in my dress and me in a male suit and tie, and I'll be thinking about how she and my dress are having more fun than I am!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I have had this experience a couple of times. I have never understood why GG's get all worked up over this confirmation that they have great taste. In our world of mass produced fashion you are bound to run into someone else with the same dress unless your entire wardrobe is made up of expensive designer exclusives.

My picture makes my point. I love your taste! I found mine last spring and have received nothing but great comments about the dress.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

I went to work wearing the same jeans that my GG co-worker was wearing. When she walked in we just took one look at each other and started to giggle. (She knows about Veronica)
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    I have had this experience a couple of times. I have never understood why GG's get all worked up over this confirmation that they have great taste. In our world of mass produced fashion you are bound to run into someone else with the same dress unless your entire wardrobe is made up of expensive designer exclusives.

My picture makes my point. I love your taste! I found mine last spring and have received nothing but great comments about the dress.
    You know, I do have to ALSO complement you on the dress. It's both classy and casual, done in a fresh, fun way. Fantastic taste, Suzanne!

Next time you go out you should coordinate with everyone so you don't end up wearing the same outfit

I am not that observant. That and the fact that GG's don't dress like I do unless they are going to a club
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    Cool Suzanne! You look great in that dress!

WAY back when I was a teenager and still living with my parents, I came home one night, walked in the door and saw my mom (who was about my size at the time) wearing *MY* silk skirt suit, about to go out for the evening. I almost had a heart attack, but thankfully didn't say anything.

I rushed to my room to find out how much of the rest of the stash she'd found, and wondering why she hadn't confronted me. I found my skirt suit just where I'd left it. As it turns out, she had bought herself the exact same outfit, same color and everything.

I am SO glad I didn't 'out' myself in my surprise!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

On one of my first ventures out in womens clothing I wore a pair of shorts that were almost unisex. I went into a tavern and the female bartender was wearing the same shorts. I was not nearly as bold then as I am now so I sat on my bar stool and did not compliment her taste in clothes.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I've seen my mother in law wearing a dress that looked just like mine. When I got home I checked my clothes to see just how close it was. I found my clothes missing. I guess my wife (ex now) purged for me and gave my clothes away. I wonder if the mother in law was told where they came from.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

It does make holiday shopping easier to cast-off clothing you've outgrown in one way or another to those close-by.

Bad is going to an event and having the same outfit as the wait staff, that the manager keeps coming over and wondering why aren't you working.

Doesn't seem to happen in guy-wear as much.