Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaving The Neighborhood

Leaving The Neighborhood

Now that I'm starting to get out enfemme during daylight hours, I'm dealing with the challenge of leaving the neighborhood. Hasn't happed yet but I can see the day that my neighbors see a nice looking babe (hey I got to be generous to myself here) driving my car out of my garage and up the street. Hasn't been a problem so far but I've only gone out at night and darkness is your best friend when you are dressed.

Don't want the neighbors calling the police to apprehend the hot chick (dramatic license taken here again) stealing their neighbors car. LOL

I've read how some of the ladies have a jacket or coat over them and then throw on wig later on. I also saw some that stop somewhere and change clothes in the car. All seems difficult but feasible, but was hoping that someone may have some other thoughts or ideas.

Oh, I do know one option is to just tell the neighbors about my little hobby. Perhaps include Theresa in the annual family photograph Christmas Card mailings. I've kinda got that idea on the bottom of my list at the moment.

Hopefully someone will have some other really clever ideas or give their thoughts.
    Something happens and I'm head over heels.

Theresa, I feel for you.
    I am all lovey-dovey with my neighbors. They are family types, and a few are cops. And boy, do my neighbors love to gossip!

Coats and sunglasses work great! Put your wig, lipstick and earrings on when you leave the neighborhood. It's stressful, but I've done it.

People don't pay that much attention. And if someone saw you drive away, they wouldn't call the police. If they thought about it at all ( most people mind their own business ), they'd probably think a friend or relative is using your car. No-one is staring at your home through binoculars ( unless you have a wacko in the neighborhood ).
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I'm sure I'm going to get 'busted' at some point. I live on a dead end street with about 10 houses on it. I know most of my neighbors, and they all recognize my car.

So far, I've been very lucky. The few times I've been leaving and met somebody coming the other way on the road, I put my hand up near my face like I'm talking on my cell to hide my makeup a bit, and I always keep my dark sunglasses on until I'm well away from my neighborhood.

The closest call I've had was when a car actually pulled up blocking my driveway while I was trying to drive out. It turns out he was visiting somebody on the street and couldn't find the house. He saw me leaving, so decided to stop me to ask for help.

I stopped well short of his car, but even then I'm sure the would have noticed the earrings, lipstick and necklace I had on, though he didn't give any indication of anything being amiss. I'm just glad he dind't get out of his car to get closer or worse yet, drive up my driveway before I was actually IN my car! Then he would have seen me in my knee length high heel boots and skirt as well.

I just wonder how the conversation went when he finally found the house he was looking for. "Did you find the place alright?" "Sure, the crossdresser down the street told me where you lived"

Unless, of course, I 'passed'. But I seriously doubt that since I made no attempt to feminize my voice while giving him directions.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Christi,

Yours is exactly my situation: We live in a close knit cul-de-sac of about 7-8 homes and have great neighbors. I suppose I'm "OK" with getting outed, otherwise I wouldn't have made the choice of going out during the day. But it wouldn't be my first choice and was thinking about ways to reduce the odds of Theresa running into someone while driving out of the area.
    Something happens and I'm head over heels.

Now that i live in an apartment complex, the few times i have been out, i wear a coat and pants over my dress, or skirt, walking shoes, sunglasses, and a hat. I take wig, heels, purse, and lady coat, in a bag. Bag lady! Good post! It is a real challenge, when lots of neighbors! That's why i wish most people had their own land, little house on the prairie, at least an acre. Too bloody much "boundry bumping" in this crowded world!

I'd buy another car!! A red one!! And a convertable!! Yeah!! Then everyone will think your just some trash he picked up last night? Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I'm afraid I don't have any clever ideas for you In my case, even if our car is on the driveway and is pulled up really close to the house which makes it partially obscured (our house is "L shaped") the neighbors houses directly opposite ours can see who gets into an out of the car. I always wait until there is no one out in their front yards before going to the car but I bet you that in the last 4 years that I have been going out in daylight someone must have noticed something ... they must have .... nothing as ever been said (yet). Like Cristi said, "I'm sure I'm going to get 'busted' at some point."
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I have the same issue - cul-de-sac with only 4 houses on the street. The house next to me can see my driveway, as can the house across the street if they look out an upstairs window. The only time I left in daylight all dolled up (incl wig) I made it off our street, but on the small road leading out my neighbors daughter drove right by. Apparently, she didn't pay any attention...

Point is, there is no way to be absolutely sure you won't be noticed. Try to be quick and quiet, but there isn't much else you can do.

Dress at home putting mens pants over the skirt or dress. Keep the womens jacket in the car before you go out and put your wig on after leaving the street. If you go out after dark put you makeup on in the house to make sure you did well, no one will see it form thier houses.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

For me, I live in a older portion of town and houses are closer together than say the neighborhoods that were developed in the past 30 years. So when I first went out dressed it was after the sun was down and no one could see who was driving away. Now I live 24-7 and had a nice chat with my neighbors, who although wouldn't choose to be transsexual, said that I was still the same person and this wouldn't change anything. So now it is everything from going to work to moving the grass and shoveling the snow.

You know your neighbors better than I do but if they are as special as mine I would just have a chat with them so they will know it isn't some prowler. Good luck.

Teri

Silver Member
    Holy cow! Where do you guys get the idea that you are so important that your neighbors give a rat's patoootie what you wear? Get over yourselves. You are just not that important. Nobody cares what you wear! Just how much time do YOU spend watching your neighbor's house to see who is driving their car or what they have on for clothes today? What's that? NONE? You say you don't care what kind of clothes your neighbor wears? Well, sweetie, your neighbor doesn't care what you wear either.

How do I know this? OK, some personal experience. Years ago, when I thought it mattered, I figured it was just a matter of time before my neighbor saw me in my car, or in my drive, or whatever, so I just went over to her house (dressed normally) and told her. "OH, BTW, you might see me 'dressed' at some point. I am exploring my feminine side." Did she care? NO, she didn't. Her lack of interest was almost disappointing.

So relax, already. If you care about your neighbors, TELL THEM. If you don't care about them, I think you can assume they don't care about you either. This fantastic guilt trip you are laying on yourself is just in your mind. The reality is that no one cares what you wear, where you wear it, or why.

Stephenie

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Holy cow! Where do you guys get the idea that you are so important that your neighbors give a rat's patoootie what you wear? Get over yourselves. You are just not that important. Nobody cares what you wear! Just how much time do YOU spend watching your neighbor's house to see who is driving their car or what they have on for clothes today? What's that? NONE? You say you don't care what kind of clothes your neighbor wears? Well, sweetie, your neighbor doesn't care what you wear either.

How do I know this? OK, some personal experience. Years ago, when I thought it mattered, I figured it was just a matter of time before my neighbor saw me in my car, or in my drive, or whatever, so I just went over to her house (dressed normally) and told her. "OH, BTW, you might see me 'dressed' at some point. I am exploring my feminine side." Did she care? NO, she didn't. Her lack of interest was almost disappointing.

So relax, already. If you care about your neighbors, TELL THEM. If you don't care about them, I think you can assume they don't care about you either. This fantastic guilt trip you are laying on yourself is just in your mind. The reality is that no one cares what you wear, where you wear it, or why.

Stephenie
    Sounds good BUT a tad too simplistic. There is always at least 1 or 2 "busybodies" in any neighborhood that peer out windows, pay more attention to neighbors than is normal, etc. Only takes 1 to "out" someone who is not ready.....or gossip around the neighborhood. There are a lot of us here that would not appreciate that very much.

BTW, doesn't anyone (who lives in houses) put there cars in the garage? Here in Texas, it's a lost art - sounds like it's like that all over. That would greatly aid in the "getaway".....

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I'd buy another car!! A red one!! And a convertable!! Yeah!! Then everyone will think your just some trash he picked up last night? Lol.
    Oooh...I LIKE that idea, but make it a 1960's Corvette!!!! Classic for a hot babe...

I live on a cul-de-sac too, and the houses right next to mine are both owned by college students, most of whom wrestle for the university. Some are nice but some are real jerks, and I really worry about being spotted by them. I'd hate for one of them to hassle my kids about it, but so far I've been lucky and haven't had any problems.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I live at the end of a dead-end street, with about ten houses on it. I'm usually careful when leaving, my neighbors don't need to know about me. I would rather they didn't know, especially because of my wife and kids. About fifteen years ago, I had the windows tinted in the car, that works well; cars we have purchased since have been tinted as well.
    Dana Ryan

Silver Member
    BTW, doesn't anyone (who lives in houses) put there cars in the garage? Here in Texas, it's a lost art - sounds like it's like that all over. That would greatly aid in the "getaway".....

Yeah. I got one of those lists of jokes on the internet recently. One of them was:

"Only in America do we park our $35,000 cars in the driveway and fill our garages with worthless junk."

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 12-13-2009 at 11:36 PM.

I am glad that works for you Stephanie. No, I don't think that I am that important. However, I am good friends with all of my neighbors, they know my family, and I do not want them knowing about this side of my personal life. Except for the little incovenience of getting out of my neighborhood, there is no "need to know" reason for me to tell anyone. You be you and I will be me.

Now to the OP's question: If you can partially dress with makeup and clothes, then I recommend that you just wear baggy clothes, a jacket, when the weather is cooler, sun glasses and a basball hat when you leave your residence. Go to a nearby parking lot and finish up. The more you can dress and do makeup at home, the less you have to do on the road, and the quicker you can "finish" up your outfit and look. When you come home, if it is dark out, just drive up to your house, into the garage if you have one, and walk into your house. Remember to get your house key ready inside the car and do not leave the porch light on. Good luck and enjoy. It is not perfect but works wonderfully for me and many others here.

OK, if you keep doing The "I'll try that tomorrow;" you'll end up with a whole bunch of Yesterdays!

My old neighbor sold The House next door to a Cop. I ignore that stuff! His Castle is his Castle and mine is mine. Joanie departs and arrives with some regularity.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Gold Member
    One thought that has entered your mind is what if neighborhood kids see you.

If so, worry not, kids don't ever watch traffic as it is, so they certainly would not notice no matter how you are dressed.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by donnatracey View Post
    Over here! I do! After 20 years of my life of not having a garage, I am using mine. And it isn't full of junk Stephanie.

Mine is a little easier. Add the garage to having no neighbors across the street so then I only have the two beside me to worry about. Plus I already have long hair, so they probably would need a good look. So this isn't a worry for me. Now if as I am pulling out, my daughter starts pulling in and blocks me, I guess I am busted.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post

Yeah. I got one of those lists of jokes on the internet recently. One of them was:

"Only in America do we park our $35,000 cars in the driveway and fill our garages with worthless junk."

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    I have one bay open but all 4 cars are parked outside... And btw..... my pinball machines are not junk!! You must have been talking to my wife! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Hmmmnn...

I used to live on a Cul de Sac. LOL, never again! How many streets can you simply look out of front window and automatically see three or four neighbors driveways? I also had a "busy body" neighbor who I swore new when everyone left their house, when they came home, and if someone else came to visit. UGGH!
    You're much further down the road than I though, regarding going out during the day. I've gone out at night, with makeup on, but the wig is bagged and the earrings are often in hand. How about tinted windows? Sunglasses on and leaving the garage/driveway with purpose would be good too. But not to fast.. or not too slow.. Good luck girl!

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    I've always thought it was best to not drive away from your home, even if you niebours know you dress, also it isn't as difficult to change as you think once out. I used this method for years, so I hope it helps some of you.

Firstly no one will look twice if you look no different to how you normally leave the house,even with makeup on, (no lipstick of course) if anyone can tell you have eye makeup on from 10 yards, all I can say is you must live next to Steve Austin!!! And there always sunglasses if you feel you must, but the more different you look the more people will look.

Secondly if again from the same distance your niebours can see your wearing woman trousers, and flat shoes from the same distance then I would be very suprise. so that means all you need is a baggy top or a coat and away you go!!!

Changing is easy, specially if you already have your female bottom half on, ie find a quiet place, and slip you top half in to female mode, ie you can have all you underclothes on, slip in your form, pop on a wig and a bit of lipstick on,all takes a couple of minutes from start to finish and from then you can do as you wish. once dressed you can then move on asn do as you wish, including finding a more suitable place to change again to skirt or dress if you wish.

Some tips from my past travels, Quiet places are easy to find, but be aware of banks, supermarkets and shops, military bases, and prisons. All tend to have high powered survallance cameras and the last thin you need is your change recorded on video tape. so be aware of your location.

Also as you get used to this quick change routine, you'll find it always worth having a emergency set of male clothes in the car along with some makeup remover and wet wipes. you never know what is going to happen or when so be prepared. Many many years ago, I split a tire on my travels I changed from female to male and changed the tyre in about 10 minutes flat. you'll be amazed what you can do, with a little thought, or an insentive like needing to change a tyre!!!
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]