Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IF you could dress as a girl

Not on my shift! Being upside down under a bass boat console or butt in the air reaching in the bilge just doesn't come off too well in a skirt and heels!

My job would not allow it either. But If I had a job that would allow it, SURE.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Thats interesting. I wouldn't its just not practical for my line of work. There are about half a dozen women in the company who dont work in the office (I dont work in the office either) and they dress the same way I do there. No make up, hair under a hat or just in a pony tail, and Carhartts and boots. So, in a purely humorous way, yeah, I dress just like the girls I work with
    Reality continues to ruin my life.

What's the point of wearing your favorite rocketship underpants if nobody ever asks to see 'em?

-CALVIN & HOBBES-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

At my current day job, I wouldn't do it. I work at a home improvement warehouse chain, and the customers tend to be pretty macho or at least meat and potatoes kinds of guys, a lot of contractors and such. I wore a kilt there on halloween and the response to it was ok enough but also at times on the edge of being uncomfortable and it was clear to me that the only reason people were "ok" with it was because it was halloween. Also though, it frankly wasn't that practical an item to wear.

With stand up comedy though, which I consider to be my "real" job and my career, I have gone onstage several times in a skirt now, though I've so far kept it relegated to just two venues which I know tend to be more open minded. I still haven't gone onstage and even talked about my crossdressing at the comedy club in town because I actually do paid work there and I don't know how comfortable I am yet getting into the material as personal as this with the more mixed crowds that it brings.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

I would love to....However, as a teacher, I probably wouldn't. I wouldn't want to confuse the children.....I don't want to be blamed when a little boy tries on his first skirt...

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I have done that - but only when there are no co-workers around

It was a great feeling a few weekends ago when I had the end of 3 successive shifts to be myself

The best I can do at other times is to under-dress, wear a blouse or a unisex top and my wedge-heeled sandals but with drab jeans or trousers.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina P Hose View Post
    If you could dress as a girl, yet, still be yourself, in your own body. Be it you are a pretty girl, or just like to dress. ( like me, I am not a pretty girl) Anyway. IF, you could dress as a girl, and preform your current job, would you do it ?

I would not, peer pressure, and the job itself. I would not want to scare away customers.

But, it would be a thrill, to wear a skirt at work.
    Err....you mean, if I could crossdress at work without consequence? Sure. Uh...well actually now that I think about it... I guess I already do. Since the uniforms are identical, the only difference would be my bra and panties! Well, and hair...yeah, if I could do that, I would.

Being retire, that isn't a problem, but No, I would not have dressed to go to my job. My work was hot and dirty. Not a place for finery.

well yeah...of course I would. However I would stand out because 90% of the females in my profession dress like guys (walk, act, do everything like guys) so I would be the odd one still.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I'd say probably not, I'm not good enough to "pass" as female, and the type of engineering I'm in is a pretty male-dominated field so even the GG's stick out immediately in a crowd.

(Dr. Zoidberg voice inside my head goes, "Look, everyone, I'm learning the lingo!")

Since I'm not dressed full time, I don't think I would do it at work. When I retire that will be my new job and that might make for a different story.
    Something happens and I'm head over heels.

Former Member
    The women in my profession wear business attire. I LOVE women's business attire! I wouldn't dress that way at work though. It would take away from the enjoyment I get from crossdressing if I did it every day.

If I could I would

Actually, in my job it would be easy to CD at work. I have 2 ladies that work for me in my office with no problems - the one wears a french mani that makes me just green with envy! The problem is that the companies I rep for would drop me in a second if I "came out at work."
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

If it was socially acceptable I would dress everyday. I work in an office so wearing dresses & skirts would be completely acceptable. I love the clothes and the look. Why does society perceive sex based on the clothes we wear. We should be albe to wear whatever we feel good in.

I would be dressed in a heart beat! I wouldn't be a pretty girl. I would be a guy in women's clothes, which would be fine by me. I work in a small office(5 people)sitting at a desk all day.
    Last edited by Cary; 12-14-2009 at 07:44 PM.
    Cary

uuuuuhhhhh... NO

I would love to go to work in my skirt suits, but if people think you're gay then you don't last long at work...

Dress Me Up & Take Me Out MarcieBflo's Avatar
    Well I climb radio towers at times, (when the real men can't do the job) and I'm sure the guy(s) on the ground would be taking those "upskirt" photos and posting them online . . . . lol, so I don't think so . . .
    Life is Beautiful . . . . Dress Accordingly

I'd have to say no for a couple of reasons. For one, the thrill of getting all dressed and made-up would be lost if I did it every day. Secondly, even though I'm retired from the army I'm now a part-time gunsmith and the work can get quite dirty. I just wouldn't enjoy either the work or the dressing up part when you put the two together, but seperately I enjoy them both very much.

I could'nt....My dress would ride up I'd tear my hose and my heels would kill me.....I really need a desk job.....(:

have worn women's pants at work

guess that doesn't count, really. I don't think anyone noticed. Certainly no one mentioned it.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    I would love to go to work in my skirt suits, but if people think you're gay then you don't last long at work...
    At my workplace, being gay is not issue of any substance. Certainly no one would say negative to your face about it. I can't say I've never heard jokes, but it isn't often (anti-whatever jokes are in theory not supposed to occur at all in our workplace, but it's been close to a decade since the last refresher seminar on that topic ) I've not heard of being gay being a problem in promotions. But it is possible that it might affect the extent of your social circles and thus affect your ability to find alliances and collaborations... Any substantial difference from the norm can lead to that result, though -- including, for example, the "difference" that one works through coffee breaks and lunches.

Yes I definitely wood. Hold on a sec, let me just ask the manager/owner...

Ok, back already...I just remembered that I am self-employed...so I said "yes", but only when I am at home ("the office"). It is a no-no when I go see clients.

So, I guess my answer is...I do when I'm "inside", I do not when I'm "outside". (except I do on my sundeck, too, lol).

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina P Hose
    If you could dress as a girl, yet, still be yourself, in your own body. Be it you are a pretty girl, or just like to dress. ( like me, I am not a pretty girl) Anyway. IF, you could dress as a girl, and preform your current job, would you do it ?
    [SIZE="2"]Well, I can wear a skirt to work because I’m self-employed and work at home (as an artist). I can dress up anytime it’s practical to do so, but I avoid situations where my precious femme clothes might get dirty – I usually wear an apron to guard against such eventualities. Most of the time, though, I’m sitting at a table hunched over the etching or painting I’m working on – dressed, of course…[/SIZE]

hot patootie,bles my soul marisa's Avatar
    if i thought i could get away with dressing at work, i'd likey do it. i work in construction so a pair of jeans and t-shirt would be the best way to go about it. but i really don't think a short skirt and a 8 or 10 ft step ladder would be a good combination. all though, if i think about, a pair of work boots and a mini skirt could look pretty good together. lmao. actually, as for the company i work for, there is one person that does know about my softer side. and i trust him not to say anything.