Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: first rude comment from stranger.

2 cute for words!
    Quote Originally Posted by Julia26 View Post
    So I was standing in line at subway today at work, and these two women were being loud and obnoxious. Then while i'm ordering my sub, the one woman looks me up and down, then says to her friend "She's got a dingy". She was literally standing 5 feet away from me too.

I didn't say anything or look at her, but it really bothered me. Then as i was walking back to my office, I see the two ladies standing near the elevator, and she says it again!.

People are so ignorant...
    People are ignorant , and you did a great job of ignoring them. I personally believe i would have just turned and insulted them with something like, "I may have what'd you say? a 'dingy'? but at least i make a prettier girl!"

I dress to feel pretty Tina P Hose's Avatar
    IF, I were a pretty girl. Perhaps, someday, I will be pretty. I may say something like..."Yes, I have a dingy, and I am prettier than you"....all the stuff that I would say...I could write a book.
    From Madrid to Montreal that underneath it all that Tina prefers pantyhose

Julia

Insensitive people often speak before thinking about how they will make another person feel… this is often because they insecure about themselves and receive a momentary respite from these emotions by trying to make someone else feel worse. She didn’t get the desired response from you during your first encounter or the second attempt at deformation so she probably moved on to easier targets such as cripples or lepers.
    Kudos to you, for retaining your composure like a lady! Well played, young lady!!!

Be safe. Be smart. (You already are.)
    Dawn Marrie
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Julia,
    I would bet my lingerie collection that you looked much more like a woman than either of them. In fact, judging from your profile picture, I bet they wished they looked as gorgeous as you do! Jealousy can be ugly.
    Megan

Brooke Smith , you are exactly right. Those who belittle others only do so in a feeble attempt to boost their own low self esteem.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Looks like you did the right thing though by ignoring them.

Besides, it would be too easy to have a battle of wits with someone who says words like "dingy" or "hoo-hoo". Heh.

She probably ate paint chips as a child...
    - Aeval

[SIZE="1"]~ My weakness makes me strong ~[/SIZE]

So I was standing in line at subway today at work, and these two women were being loud and obnoxious. Then while i'm ordering my sub, the one woman looks me up and down, then says to her friend "She's got a dingy". She was literally standing 5 feet away from me too.

I didn't say anything or look at her, but it really bothered me. Then as i was walking back to my office, I see the two ladies standing near the elevator, and she says it again!.

People are so ignorant...
    Luckily, I haven't had this happen, but I would like to think I would respond with something like, "That reminds me of something Mark Twain said, 'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

go you Julia.... you look fantastic and sure the comments don't bother you..we love to be who we are and bother no one...i went out last week and got whistled at.was dark..didn't have the heart to tell them..lol

Julia there is going to be those who are so rude. I was told the other day that I was not dressed appropriately for work. I was wearing jeans and sweatshirt as we where removing the remains of the last snow storm. I did the same and walked away but then asked my manager if there was a problem and if I was dressed inappropriately maybe I should go home and put on the skirt and blouse. He said I was fine and he would take care of the problem "child". You did the right thing in walking away.

Teri

Silver Member
    Sarcasm can be fun, but you can't win. People who make such comments won't listen and if you do upset them they may become irrational and physical. I listened to a tirade this week about gays. I wasn't the object of it, but didn't matter what I tried to explain about it to him his ignorance shined through. This is very typical of the type.

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    The most ignorant people are people with no sense of who they are, classless. I don't go out enfemme but have seen and heard those kind of remarks a plenty. People who are like that usually they are not secure in their own selves. If they weren' makeing snide remarks about you they would be saying something snide about someone else. Don't loose sleep over the likes of them.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    She is most likely jealous because you look better.
    Quote Originally Posted by CuteKaraCD View Post
    "... but at least i make a prettier girl!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina P Hose View Post
    "... and I am prettier than you"
    Quote Originally Posted by Megan Legz View Post
    Jealousy can be ugly.
    I agree these GGs were rude. But what in the OPs post led you to believe they were ugly or jealous?

Sorry but this is my biggest pet peeve in this forum ... the repeated sentiment that CDs are prettier than GGs and that GGs are jealous. Not just in this thread, but in many others too. Where does this idea come from? Ego? Insecurities? A CDs own jealousy? Twisted perceptions?

First, attractiveness is not gender dependent. There are cute GGs and cute guys who make cute CDs. There are also not so cute GGs and not so cute guys who make not so cute CDs. It's all in the genes. It is utterly conceited to believe, and thoroughly uncouth to tell anyone else you are better looking than them, no matter what gender. As far as I can tell, the GGs did not comment on the OPs level of attractiveness.

Second, I can write my own book about all the reasons GGs are NOT jealous of CDs. If they are unhappy with their CDing partners it is for other reasons entirely. Maybe I'll start a thread about this. But the average GG is not, repeat, is not jealous of the way the average CD looks.
    Reine

you look too good

you might of made them uneasy about the way they looked so they made fun about you so they would look good but they only made fools of themselfs
    you are ok they are the fools
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

how about......"and I still look better than you!"
    NOT your girl next door!

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    Well played Julia! I'm sure I would've handled it poorly myself!

I would've walked right up and said "What's the matter? Don't see a lot of dingies I guess? Want a closer look?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    you might of made them uneasy about the way they looked
    Missy, I'd very much like to understand your point of view but the concept escapes me. Why would a GG feel uneasy about the way she looks when she sees a CD? How does an average person looking at someone else who is average make them feel uneasy about themselves?

I would appreciate it if you or anyone else could explain why you believe this to be true. Thanks!
    Last edited by ReineD; 12-22-2009 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Added quote for clarity.
    Reine

Hey, it's gonna happen. And, the more you go out, the more likely that you will run into ignorance.You say it's the first time, so all in all, that's not too bad! I've only had a few morons to deal with, and considering the number that I've walked past, that says a lot for the majority! I'm past the point where it bothers me at all, and actually readdy to "face up" to the next loud mouth [within reason, I'm not crazy] . Just maybe ask them what exactly bothers them about my presence
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Quote Originally Posted by tinalynn View Post
    Sorry you had to hear that. Usually, people comment out loud because they are insecure with themselves and feel threatened in some way. Ignore her, she's not worth the worry.

I agree. I would say maybe they were insecure because you looked better than they did

You handled it well!
    [SIZE="2"]
    Hugs,
    Tiffany

My facebook: www.facebook.com/ladysnow71

[/SIZE]

Does anyone else ever feel invisible here at times?

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey Green View Post
    how about......"and I still look better than you!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiff Rivera View Post
    I would say maybe they were insecure because you looked better than they did
    Maybe some one will come along with an ability to explain these sentiments that honestly make absolutely no sense to GGs, even though we are accused of having all these feelings.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post

Maybe some one will come along with an ability to explain these sentiments that honestly make absolutely no sense to GGs, even though we are accused of having all these feelings.

I honestly don't think she was feeling insecure about her self, rather she just enjoyed ridiculing me, as I was a easy target at that moment. I'm a guy intentionally trying to look feminine, and there are evil people out there that will degrade me no matter what.

I honestly don't think she was feeling insecure about her self, rather she just enjoyed ridiculing me, as I was a easy target at that moment.
    Julia, I agree ... what that GG did was reprehensible. She was beyond rude .. this woman was downright mean and I'm sorry you had to be the brunt of it. Thank goodness most people don't behave this way.

I was just wondering why so many posters to this and other threads believe that women who act negatively do so because they are jealous. Are the men who act negatively jealous too?

Most people I see walking around .. the GGs, non-CD guys and the CDs I see pics of in this forum are attractive, but average looking. Very few people stand out looking like the beautiful super models & actresses we see in magazines. Not even the CDs! So I honestly don't get why so many CDs feel that we GGs are jealous. If CDs looked like, I don't know ... Gisele Bundchen, Eva Longoria, Doutzen Kroes, Jessica Alba, Heidi Klum, etc then I might understand GGs being resentful that CDs look better than them, but for the most part we are all pretty average when it comes to looks.

I am hoping someone will come along with an explanation, otherwise I will simply have to put all those comments down to pettiness. I wouldn't have said anything, but there are so many posters here who share the sentiment, it is mind-boggling!
    Reine

I agree with Reine, most GG's aren't jealous of CD's, just intolerant and cruel.
    Julia had the 2nd best reaction possible: ignoring
    The first would have to be the looking at them & smiling or acting like you don't care.
    Me, I would probably have made some comment that would have referred to her brain or personality. Of course she would never have gotten it, but maybe the friend with her would have.
    My thought, "but I'm cuter on the inside than you are!"
    Still petty, but I've watched way too many sitcoms & have all the one-liners from most of them in my head, especially Friends.

(not a whale)
    in situations like that you either ignore them or say something witty. good choice on the ignoring. also this is the first time i've ever heard anyone use dingy as a word for describe male genitalia

Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post

I agree with you 100%!
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg