Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: first rude comment from stranger.

first rude comment from stranger.

So I was standing in line at subway today at work, and these two women were being loud and obnoxious. Then while i'm ordering my sub, the one woman looks me up and down, then says to her friend "She's got a dingy". She was literally standing 5 feet away from me too.

I didn't say anything or look at her, but it really bothered me. Then as i was walking back to my office, I see the two ladies standing near the elevator, and she says it again!.

People are so ignorant...

[SIZE="2"]I applaud you for being cool headed, and not firing back at them! Reminds me of my first time out in daylight, walking sidewalks of a town far from where i stay. I heard teenage girl shouting, in horror, OMG, OMG! I turned, and walked behind a building, between them, and me.[/SIZE]

Sorry you had to hear that. Usually, people comment out loud because they are insecure with themselves and feel threatened in some way. Ignore her, she's not worth the worry.

Teenage girls are the worst - they can spot us before they even blink! Two nights ago in a Walgreens I was marked by one, but she didn't say anything. Just followed the aisle I was in from the other side of it to look again.
    Last edited by Sandra; 12-16-2009 at 07:37 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts, please use the edit function

Quote Originally Posted by Julia26 View Post
    So I was standing in line at subway today at work, and these two women were being loud and obnoxious. Then while i'm ordering my sub, the one woman looks me up and down, then says to her friend "She's got a dingy". She was literally standing 5 feet away from me too.

I didn't say anything or look at her, but it really bothered me. Then as i was walking back to my office, I see the two ladies standing near the elevator, and she says it again!.

People are so ignorant...
    Those aren't ladies, they're b*tches. Consider the source and ignore them.

Karen
    Lucky to be a girl 95.33% of the time

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Ignore the ignorance of others hunny,as far as im concerned,they have the problem,even though i know it can hurt and can rock you back on your heels.It used to annoy me,but now i just hold my head up high and walk on.leaving their ignorance behind
    Having said that.i haven't always practised what i preach.I Recall one time after a great night out in Edinburgh me,and some of my friends,t-girls and GGs,Came out of a club.Holding my wifes hand,a girl waiting for a taxi,announced in a very loud,harsh voice,that "it was the most disgusting,thing she had ever seen" Well,ladies i tried to keep my demeanour,but may hackles were raised,i turned to her and said "Well Dear,you obviously haven't looked in the mirror recently" am not proud of it (well maybe a little),but I thought that in that instance,turning the situation round against her was the best way.
    Sorry for long winded post,hope your TG life will hold much more positives than negatives

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    Ignore the ignorance of others hunny,as far as im concerned,they have the problem,even though i know it can hurt and can rock you back on your heels.It used to annoy me,but now i just hold my head up high and walk on.leaving their ignorance behind
    Having said that.i haven't always practised what i preach.I Recall one time after a great night out in Edinburgh me,and some of my friends,t-girls and GGs,Came out of a club.Holding my wifes hand,a girl waiting for a taxi,announced in a very loud,harsh voice,that "it was the most disgusting,thing she had ever seen" Well,ladies i tried to keep my demeanour,but may hackles were raised,i turned to her and said "Well Dear,you obviously haven't looked in the mirror recently" am not proud of it (well maybe a little),but I thought that in that instance,turning the situation round against her was the best way.
    Sorry for long winded post,hope your TG life will hold much more positives than negatives
    Nice comeback, sophie...she deserved it......

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donnatracey View Post
    Nice comeback, sophie...she deserved it......
    Well,you know what they say,A Girls gotta do what a girls gotta do

Well, you only had to deal with her for a few moments.....she, on the other hand, has to deal with being a stupid bizznatch every day.

And, come on, "dingy"? How old is she, five?

Quote Originally Posted by tinalynn View Post
    Sorry you had to hear that. Usually, people comment out loud because they are insecure with themselves and feel threatened in some way. Ignore her, she's not worth the worry.
    This is true. I think that you handled it well, though.
    warmly, Linnea

I would have turned to her and said, you jealous you dont have a dingy?

You could always say "up yours", but then again she may want to take you up on it. Just ignore it. She is most likely jealous because you look better.

reply... ah, but my husband has a yacht!

Then while i'm ordering my sub, the one woman looks me up and down, then says to her friend "She's got a dingy". She was literally standing 5 feet away from me too.

I would have said "You will never get one, no one would ever want to **** you with that attitude" I might have added a few remarks about her face too but that is just me.

If she was more sophisticated when she said "dingy" I might have countered with "Actually it is a 160 foot yacht." but that would have went right over her head
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    You handled it right darling. It is such a shame that stupid people like this beeotch and her friend are allowed to bred.

Young girls can read us in a blink, but I find most of the time they are pretty tolerant.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

I like to think I would have turned, smiled at them and said, "yes, but at least I am a lady."

Liz

yeah thing is, they weren't even young girls, these were grown women.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

If I was a very confident CD,Julia;

I would go out dressed and respond to criticism with witicism! Like many of the girls above have suggested!

But, I'm NOT! So, I stay at home when I dress!

The more to appreciate u girls that actually go out on the FRONT LINES!
    Like U, Julia! I think you're VERY BRAVE!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Ahh, the complete ignorance of others, scared, unknowledgable, rude, condesending, stereotypical, unemotionable, and worst of all just plain rude.

I would assume that they were together because they had no-one else to be with (ie... BF, GF, or even ..... CD friend) Too bad for them, in the end, they loose.
    Where is your mountain and have you climbed it today?

"I bet she had a d*ck cause she was acting like one". Ahem, anyways.....best thing to do enfemme is avoid confrontation. Thats my philosophy. I always have thoughts of things getting ugly, ya know, like wigs flying off, and breast forms getting pulled out. So I tend to ignore douches........
    "Don't hate, epilate"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gold Member
    I have had plenty of dumb stares or rude comments, my typical response is "aww F*** you!" Someone trying to call me on something, I am not going to just ignore it.

You notice though that very seldom does anyone say anything if they are alone.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I have to congratulate you on your resitance to commenting to them. If that was me, I would have turned around and had a go at them (Currently I have a huge chip on my shoulder about CD's in the community and how we are treated by general populis).

Lots of Love,
    Miss Kara

yeah thing is, they weren't even young girls, these were grown women.
    Just because they are old, does not make them mature. A lot of people never get past high school.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

I would have said something to them, like "Yes, I am transgendered. There are quite a few of us. Is there any question I can answer for you? Anything you'd like to know?"

I would have said this with kindness, my head held high and a smile on my lips. You'd be surprised how much kindness can disarm people. And before you know it, you've dispelled their misconceptions about you, and possibly made knew friends.

This scenario might be idealistic, but on the other hand, it might have gotten positive results. It is difficult to be acerbic to someone who is being friendly.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I would have said something to them, like "Yes, I am transgendered. There are quite a few of us. Is there any question I can answer for you? Anything you'd like to know?"

I would have said this with kindness, my head held high and a smile on my lips. You'd be surprised how much kindness can disarm people. And before you know it, you've dispelled their misconceptions about you, and possibly made knew friends.

This scenario might be idealistic, but on the other hand, it might have gotten positive results. It is difficult to be acerbic to someone who is being friendly.
    I agree here. Ignorance is all around us, and if handled with kid gloves, it can be chipped away with positive results. I still think it depends on your location, the degree of success that will be obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post

Unlikely to get that result. People who say rude things to strangers like that have no compassion ( actually they have self-loathing ) - it's safer to ignore morons.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President