Thread: Was honest with an air stewardess!

Was honest with an air stewardess!

I was returning to the UK on a business flight today, and while thumbing through their flight shop magazine, saw 6 pairs of 18 carrot gold (plated!) earrings that I really wanted.

When the air stewardess came down the aisle to take everyone's orders, I asked if I could have them. Making conversation, she asked "Are you buying them as a christmas present?" Usually this is the excuse I would have offered up before anybody even asked, but today I decided to be brave and replied "No, actually they are for me". She smiled and replied "good choice, I think they will look great on you!". This put a smile on my face and put me in a good mood for the rest of the trip!

I am pleased with myself and feel like I've taken another little step forward today. Here are the earrings by the way, for anyone interested:

Kate xxx
    Last edited by KateW; 12-16-2009 at 11:07 AM.
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Those are really cute earrings, Kate! And congratulations on speaking out!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Classy, elegant and subtle. Those will work with anything you wear. Good choice. And see, honesty didn't get you thrown off the plane (at 30000 feet over the Atlantic ocean )
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

..is having a KitKat..
    Well done and a great choice!

I like the pearl Kate, nice set!

(feel like I am talking to myself)

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Way to go hun! You are so brave, and it was a great reaction from the air hostess.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Don't leave those lying around, I'll nick them in a heartbeat! Not really, they are gorgeous. Carol

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Very classy, Kate.

And, "priceless", as well!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    Wow, way to go, Kate! I bet it was an immensely liberating feeling to be open about it. Very well done, girl!

...and what a nice score, too...those are fantastic earrings!
    -Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

Beautiful earrings, Kate, and a wonderful story.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Great tastes in earrings and a big hug for being brave enough to let her know the real you. I have had some of the most wonderful conversation with flight attendants while dressed.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Yowzas Those are stunning

And who says that being honest is a lost cause :P

Lots of Love,
    Miss Kara

KateW,

Good for you. I've decided if they ask if something is for me or not i get better service if I just tell them it's for me if it is. And if they should make a snarky remark such as "I don't think that's your color" I politely invite them to show me the one that would be a better match.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Gold Member
    Good for you Kate...and nice earings too.

The same thing happened to me this week, I told the SA the slacks were for me and tried them on. I also told the MAC SA that I needed lipstick for New Years Eve and that I was wearing a black dress. Then I went to Nordstrums and told the SA I was looking for a Holiday dress and she ask if theperson I was buying for needed it hemed. I said well it is for me She then asked if I would like to iton.

I know what you mean it is very liberating, I can't get enough tof it!!!!

congrats on stepping out. It's the little things that keep us moving forward.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Cute, and very tasteful.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by KateW View Post
    I am pleased with myself and feel like I've taken another little step forward today.

Kate xxx
    The journey of a 1,000 miles always begins with the first step...

All of our steps like the one you took are meaningful--and the earrings are beautiful! Way to go, girl!
    warmly, Linnea

Love it. Keep leading the way girls. I need all the encouragement I can find.

What a nice contrast to the recent report of a flight attendent threatening a first class passenger with arrest for refusing to accompany her to the galley where she would be able to berate him for ordering a glass of orange juice outside the earshot of witnesses.

They are a very nice looking assortment, Kate, and it was nice to hear the flight attendant was receptive to your honesty.
    I just bought a couple pair myself last week, but need to either pierce my ears myself again or go get them pierced as the previous piercings have long since closed up. I hear the guns are not good.
    I think I still have a needle left over from my paramedic days that would do the job as well as going to a piercing/tattoo place.
    The last time they were pierced a girl did it with a large safety pin and a cork .
    That is probably not the preferred method but may have worked if I wore something in them more often.
    Will try and do better this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Styles View Post
    They are a very nice looking assortment, Kate, and it was nice to hear the flight attendant was receptive to your honesty.
    I just bought a couple pair myself last week, but need to either pierce my ears myself again or go get them pierced as the previous piercings have long since closed up. I hear the guns are not good.
    I think I still have a needle left over from my paramedic days that would do the job as well as going to a piercing/tattoo place.
    The last time they were pierced a girl did it with a large safety pin and a cork .
    That is probably not the preferred method but may have worked if I wore something in them more often.
    Will try and do better this time.
    If you're going DIY on repiercing your ears try to pick up a "glovers" needle - it has a triangular point that produces a hole which doesn't close readily on its own.

Very nice earrings.I'm a lot like you i guess because i'm always looking at earrings and have a large assortment.Most a cheapies but several sets are expensive and make me feel like a real lady when i wear them.I under stand a little better why women love diamonds and hope to have at least 1 real expensive set of diamond earrings some day
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.