Thread: question aboute hair

Question question aboute hair

How long does it take for hair to grow, would like to have long hair and not wear wigs????????????????

Aspiring Member
    If you're bald, you'll wait a very long time.

The usual is about 1/4 inch per month.
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

I have not cut my own hair since May of 2008. Right now it rolls off of my shoulders.

Crazy Lady

I have not cut my hair since September 2008

I tried going without a wig about 3 or 4 weeks ago, but I still need about another 2 months before it will be a length to really soften my male facial features.

When I pull it back, I can form a small 1/2 inch diameter at the band, 6 to 7 inch long ponytail.

Deanna

I get my haircut every 6 weeks or so. The cut is short and when I need my next cut it has grown mare than another inch. So, I think the 1/4 inch per month for some of us is very low. However, I am not sure what happens to the hair growth rate once your hair gets longer and the natural weight of the hiar tends to pull somewhat on the roots. Maybe it does slow considerably as the hair lengthens. I also wonder if there is a different growth rate between males and females.

My hair is way too fine. I tried to grow out my hair earlier this year but all I got was a emphasized bald spot. Guess its wigs for me :P

Lots of Love,
    Miss Kara

Hair grows about 1/2 inch per month. The older you get the less it grows. A 50 yo will most likely only grow 1/3 of an inch.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Quote Originally Posted by claudialks View Post
    How long does it take for hair to grow, would like to have long hair and not wear wigs????????????????
    really depends on the person, mine grows like mad......and i love it!!!!

nothing like a good high pony to look the part

Girl you're going to gets lots of different answers and all of them might be right for that person but comming from someone who has hair below my belt most hair grows 1" per month. Believe me when I tell you long hair is nice but after a few years the maintainence does wear on you.I use about 2 1/2 times the amount of shampoo and conditioners i used to when it was short.If you change the color of your hair you need 2 boxes instead of one with long hair.Washing,drying,styling,hair ties and accessories...it's an investment you'll treasure!...lol
    Heather

I'm 49 and it grows more than one inch in a month. Maybe I'm just lucky.

It took me about 5 years to grow my hair down past the middle of my back..including trims now and then.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg