Thread: Don't you just love Christmas and the shopping opportunities?

Don't you just love Christmas and the shopping opportunities?

The months of November and December have to be the two best months of the year for shopping as far as I'm concerned. I mean, let's be honest.........name me any other other time of the year I can walk into Macy's, JC Penney, or Kohl's, or DressBarn, and ask a sales person to help me pick out a knee length size 14 skirt with a side or back zipper, and I would also appreciate assistance in finding a long sleeve blouse and possibly two or three cowl necked long sleeve sweaters. And oh by the way, when the blouse and sweaters are picked out, have them go with you to their jewelry department and pick out a long necklace and matching ear rings. What a fantastic month. I purchased two wonderful pencil skirts this month and a blouse and a couple of sweaters with quite a bit of assistance from a sales woman. She was perfect! Maybe she suspected, maybe she didn't, but she cut down on the amount of time I would've spent trying to locate the style of skirt I was looking for, and the blouse she steered me to is gorgeous. Take advantage of this month and go shopping! Sale prices are great too!

Quote Originally Posted by Parker0429 View Post
    ...name me any other other time of the year I can walk into Macy's, JC Penney, or Kohl's, or DressBarn, and ask a sales person to help me pick out a...
    Hmmm, January through October work pretty well, just as spring, summer, fall and winter are all great times to shop. The key is honesty, not getting hung up on "omg, what if they know". Your cash is green, any SA should be happy to help you. Any who aren't must be rewarded with taking your business elsewhere.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I got kinda carried away meself.
    I think once I realized that nearly every store had a major sale despite the primetime holiday season, I had to take advantage of it somehow.

Wait a sec....Sara Jessica...Parker0429 ....you two know each other? ...or are you the same person, the one that's married to Matthew Broderick?
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 12-20-2009 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Wait a sec....Sara Jessica...Parker0429 ....you two know each other? ...or are you the same person, the one that's married to Matthew Broderick?
    Too funny, you are the first to call me out on that one.

No, the resemblance is purely coincidental. I love both names, I just as easily could have been "Jessica Sara". And remember, the "real" Sarah Jessica Parker has an "h" in her name!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

When I was still deep in the closet, I would use the holiday shopping as an opportunity to buy my pretty clothes with the help of sales associates. Most of them didn't even question my motives because they saw a wedding ring on my finger and assumed I was buying for my wife. Sometimes the things I bought were hit or miss because of the inconsistant sizing of women's clothes. Now that I'm widowed and out of the closet, I can shop any time of the year en femme, (sometimes with the help of sales associates) but now I can take all my selections into the dressing rooms to try them on without anybody questioning my motives, and I don't have to be concerned about buying the wrong size. I agree that holiday shopping is fun but it's an even bigger kick when I can do it any time I want and the sales people treat me like any other lady.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Silver Member
    Too crowded, too many shoppers and not enough knowledabe sales staff. Besides I'm looking for the sales after the 1st.

Yes, this time of year was particularly good for me when I was totally closeted. Now it's good too.
    warmly, Linnea

Yes! I used to wait till Christmas, and Valentine's Day, to buy my women's clothing, I even had them gift-wrapped to make it seem less "suspicious" but happily now I shop for myself as a woman, so much easier to get the sizes right...

Prior to the internet, I always loved Halloween. It was the one day of the year I felt comfortable going into a shoestore to buy heels. It gave me the enough (false)confidence to fool myself into thinking the person at the register actually believed my story about every male having to dress as their wives for the H party. lol

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    This is a great time of year to buy girly stuff, a real opportunity to put together some confidence while shopping. If you decide that you don't want it, take it back after Christmas tell them that your wife or GF didn't like it and made you take it back. You could even take it back before Christmas, tell them someone else bought them almost the same thing. The SA don't care anyway and you can always buy something else.
    Dana Ryan

I like to browse the shops, trying clothes on. Rarely by anything. But a nice opportunity to dress a little extra, I can see I'm not the only one that does this.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

I also love shopping this time of year! For a couple of reasons:
    First, my family says I'm cheap (I prefer the term 'thrifty') but once the sales kick in, it's difficult to walk by a clearance rack without stopping and checking it out. Yesterday alone, I bought two skirts, a sleeveless turtleneck and a (super cute!) sleep top, all for at least half-off. The sweater was marked down 70%! As long as I was spending some money anyway, it didn't hurt a bit.

This is also the time of year when all of the party dresses are on sale, and since I still have some last minute shopping to do, I have my eye out for a new little black dress, which I need, and maybe a pair of heels or two.

Merry Christmas to everyone!
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

YES. I love being able to go into a store and shop for clothes. Whatever I buy my wife, I buy one in my size as well. The sales person doesn't even alert me to the fact that one of evertyhing I buy is not the same size as the others.

Ohh yeah!! Getting up at 4am... The crowds... Fighting for that last bra on sale.... I'd rather get my beauty sleep! And personally I walk in and shop all year long so its not a big deal.. Actually the after new years sales are much much better in my humble opinion. Yeah, you don't have an "excuse" but who cares... If you want a list of excuses the add the weeks leading up to Valentines Day for giultless (in your mind only) buying any lingerie... Pre-easter for anything fem, cute and furry perferably with bunnys on it! .. Pre-july 4th for any fem clothing that are red-white and blue... New green dress for St Patricks day!! The list goes on and on... Your list.. Not mine! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos