Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing Skirts While Not Dressed

Wearing Skirts While Not Dressed

I am thinking that in theory since women tend to wear mens clothes regularly that in theory a man could wear a skirt. Say a long ankle length one without any fancy design on it, but just a plain solid color instead. I have seen 2 people do this. What do you think?

Also, block heeled boots (separately could be an idea too.)

When I first started going out and about, I went to a gay bar that tolerates TG. I went wearing a man's shirt, no wig or makeup, a short solid colored skirt, black nylons and heels. It did not go over the best. Many people came up to me and stated that I needed help with wigs, makeup, blouses and jewelry. I met many people and was put in the right direction. Short answer is that you are more noticeable, and stick out in an antisocial way. I think that when I go out fully dressed now, I am not noticed really at all (not because I pass and look perfect either). It seems that people do not really stare and see all the people in front of them unless a person really does not fit in. The brain tends to fill in imperfections without really noticing.
    Charlie

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Ummmm isn't that called a kilt? Sorry I couldn't resist, but it makes sense. My purse is a satchel or messenger bag when in male mode. So why not?
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

yeh but kilts, only gothic guys really wear, from my observations, even then, its still considered "gay" in my school. and its not a kilt either itsa skirt at school lol.

you cant win both ways. but u can try

The closest to going out "en femme" for me so far is wearing a skirt and heels with a men's shirt.

I'm sure they could but most men won't due to peer pressure, false pride or whatever.In fact most guys wouldn't have the guts to put up with the potential ridicule.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

You wouldn't get the same feeling from it and John Q Public wouldn't take to it either.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    I'm sure they could but most men won't due to peer pressure, false pride or whatever.In fact most guys wouldn't have the guts to put up with the potential ridicule.
    What's sorta funny is that skirts were men's wear in the past and that only in recent history has it not been acceptable to wear them. Heck, in parts of the world men still wear skirts and skirt-like clothes other than kilts, such as the sarong.

i wear a skirt every day and dont care what people think

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    Ummmm isn't that called a kilt? Sorry I couldn't resist, but it makes sense. My purse is a satchel or messenger bag when in male mode. So why not?

I thought the same thing. I don't see why not either
    [SIZE="2"]
    Hugs,
    Tiffany

My facebook: www.facebook.com/ladysnow71

[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by shorty82 View Post
    What's sorta funny is that skirts were men's wear in the past and that only in recent history has it not been acceptable to wear them. Heck, in parts of the world men still wear skirts and skirt-like clothes other than kilts, such as the sarong.
    Quite true my friend but then again that is the custom in those places and is not considered abnormal in any way. Westerners, on the other hand, were born with red necks and jockstraps it seems.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    Now if a GG somehow convinced you that it would be nice if you did it? Then perhaps I would. I would need that type of support though.

Quote Originally Posted by EveMarie View Post
    It doesn't make sense to me, man on top and woman on bottom? That ain't right! with me it's all woman or all male (which is more and more infrequent).

Evie,
    I am not thinking of this as half a woman and half a man, I am meaning as a not dressed enfemme but dressed as a man but wearing a skirt instead, just like how women wear jeans, etc. Once upon a time this was considered only male attire also.

I often go out dressed in a skirt and heels with male shirt and no wig or makeup and have found that as long as you are lady like you will be treated with respect. I can in no way pass when all done up to the nines but still enjoy going out as often as I can in a skirt and heels.
    Laura Lee

Quote Originally Posted by EveMarie View Post
    OK, just let me know where I can find a store that sells men's skirts.

If I go out in a skirt, I go as Evie, but that's just me.

Evie
    Okie dokie, I am just saying is all, I mean there never used to be women's jeans, and back during the women's lib movement, females wore mens suits to work as well even though they didn't make women's suits at the time.

Back in the 80s there was a fad for men to wear skirts. It really did not catch on very well and faded out. They had them on the national news and they were even in the papers. Some stores (very few) carried them. They were of course very long skirts and dark colors.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Quote Originally Posted by brassieres View Post
    I am thinking that in theory since women tend to wear mens clothes regularly <snip>
    And you base this on what? I don't wear ANY mens clothes and I don't know any woman that does... just because women wear trousers/pants, does not make them mens This is the year 2009, not 1950 fgs
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Wearing Skirts While Not Dressed

yes they could but could the men take the prussure of bringing so much attention to them selfs, I dress so I can pass to avoid unwanted attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Hepker View Post
    Back in the 80s there was a fad for men to wear skirts. It really did not catch on very well and faded out. They had them on the national news and they were even in the papers. Some stores (very few) carried them. They were of course very long skirts and dark colors.
    There has been stories recently about Japanese Men liking to wear bras, however I am not really sure how practical this is, besides are bras uncomfortable?

Bras are comfortable until you wear them for a long time, like a year or more, then they get to be a pain, but for us it is an enjoyable pain.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    And you base this on what? I don't wear ANY mens clothes and I don't know any woman that does... just because women wear trousers/pants, does not make them mens This is the year 2009, not 1950 fgs
    I am just saying is all. I do know a few women who will shop in the men's departments because the clothes are not so "constricting" so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by jenna_woods View Post
    yes they could but could the men take the prussure of bringing so much attention to them selfs, I dress so I can pass to avoid unwanted attention.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Hepker View Post
    Bras are comfortable until you wear them for a long time, like a year or more, then they get to be a pain, but for us it is an enjoyable pain.
    Maybe I am missing something then.

Banned Read only
    I suppose it really depends on what motivates you to dress.

If it feels 'right' and satisfies your desire then wear whatever you want.

I for one dress to feel feminine and for the sexual charge I and my 'date' get from it. So I want to be as convincingly feminine as I can be.

So, no men shirts with a skirt for me - unless its plaid with arms cut off, tied in a knot under my bust exposing my belly button - worn with my Daisy-Dukes.

Jane

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    If regular men ever do start wearing skirts for fashion reasons I think that a long ankle length one without any fancy design on it, but just a plain solid color like say black, is probably the type they will wear.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

There's a few men in Berkeley that dress kind of half and half like that, but that's Berkeley. Across the way in Oakland, most people choose one way or another.

I often wear a skirt. I never wear forms/wig/makeup, though my long nails are usually painted. I typically wear a simple pullover and a skirt with tights. I dress like this in a variety of settings. The skirts range from long to above knee, solid color to floral, cotton to silk, and some have lace. I have dressed like this while shopping, traveling, and visiting restaurants. I get the occasional smirk, but typically there is no reaction, or a glance with no visible reaction. I do get comments from both men and women - men wishing they had the courage to dress this way, and women complimenting me and telling me that I raise the bar on dressing nicely. I have listed the range of comments in previous posts.

My opinion is just do it if you feel like it. After people see you a few times it becomes a non-issue (except for the women that give me their email address or phone number).