Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your not a Girl!!

My nails are beter than my SO's, but she don't care one way or the other. In fact, somtimes she calls me her "trophy wife"

My ex on the other hand, sat on me (literaly) one day, and filed them off. I never realised what an opressive b---- she was untill I met my Poler Bear.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I would just tell your wife that veggies are good for the nails. Then maybe she wouldn't make you eat your veggies..... Its called wife psychology. I hear about it on Dr. Phil.

The picture in my minds eye of you chowing down on a salad in Dave and Busters wearing a Penguins sweater and Opera gloves gives me the giggles.

My wife hates my long nails and complains that I spend more time at the maincurist than she does until I give her my patented long fingernail back scratch and massage. Then there is no complaining.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    I would just tell your wife that veggies are good for the nails. Then maybe she wouldn't make you eat your veggies..... Its called wife psychology. I hear about it on Dr. Phil.
    So you are saying Dr Phil eats veggies so his nails can be long and pretty? Do you know that for fact?
    OK maybe he does, but if Dr Phil is CD, then why that mustache? He can't hope to pass while wearing it. And his huge head, do they make wigs that big?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Well, you're not a girl, girl. Hmm,I see a screaming headline there somewhere.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

who's a girl?

I also hear that all the time.

When I recently showed her something I just purchased (for me) and she says it looks very feminine. My thought was "wasn't that the point"

But no, I gave it to her and smiled

Veggies are mostly bad for you, that's why they're green.

Would you eat green bread? Or cheese? Or meat?

I wouldn't.

So you shouldn't
    Just me being me

Karren do you ever compliment her about anything feminine...or just poke fun at it ..just wondering if that's why she complains ?

She may be a little jealous

She may not like the fact tha you have better nails than her. You do need a balance diet, but I on the other hand are trying to help the global warming situation by eating as much beef as I can. You know cows generate a lot of methane. LOL.
    On another note. You look sweet in your avatar! Stay pretty and sexy
    [SIZE="3"]Luv ,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Theresa
    [/SIZE]

Go Steelers!

two things:
    1- my nails have been growing nicely since i first started trying a month or so ago. then this last two weeks i noticed little cracks in a couple, the middle ones. then, last week i got to work to find that one looked like i took a dremel and just ground a perfect notch in the middle. mystified, and with a tear welling in my eye i clipped it and filed it down (middle finger, i mean the one i clipped). so a couple of days ago i realized what was happening. i bought a full length wool girls coat with a full zipper, a metal one. when i was working the zipper up i was lightly running my nail along the zipper without feeling it and damaging them. any girl probably learned this at a young age, but this is my first go.

2nd- why is karren not doing a CD standup routine somewhere? if she took this wit on the road she would be on conan before we know it. tell your wife you might do that the next time she hassles you!
    Happiness is a choice.

When I let my nails grow out, my wife will usually comment about how they are getting too long.

I just tell her I like them that way. Sometimes I'll add that they look better long when polished.
    DonnaT

Just another 'Gurl'
    I always enjoy your posts Karen and the honesty your bring. I get a lot out of reading about the relationship you and your wife have. It gives me hope that CDers and their partners can have long, healthy relationships though the good and hard times.

Oh yeah, and your wife was probably just noticing the dirt under ya nails.
    Last edited by Kitty Sue; 12-23-2009 at 07:13 PM.
    Just another man in a dress

She's jealous! And your nails are something that she can see and does see quite often.
    So stop pointing with them, and she'll probably let it go (unless you really want to compete, in which case you'll win if she's a nail biter). It's pretty funny and I think that I would just laugh and say that everyone has nails--men and women. Apparently length matters--lol.
    warmly, Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I love my wife.... But some times!!! Standing with my head in the refgerator and pointing at something I'd like for dinner last night.... "Yeah.... The stuff that doesn't have any vegetables in it.. Right there". She made a comment about my nice long fingernails.... again.. I can't even remember what she said this time except the words.... "Your not a girl"!! Well duhhhh!! I thought that was pretty obvious, but thanks for pointing that out!!
    How wonderful it must be to have such an accepting wife!

Mine used to grumble about the nice stuff in my closet or when she saw me all dolled up. Now that she's gotten down to her high school weight and we're the same size, she's much more complimentary
    Last edited by dilane; 12-23-2009 at 08:23 PM.

I don't think pounding anything would make her happy..
    I don't know, sometimes a good pounding is all she needs! You can define "pounding", I'm not touchin' it!

I just don't know what it is! Here i am emulating a female and I still have't got a clue as to how they work!
    Jean hasn't got a problem with me dressing. I do it all the time that I am home. I can do anything that I want with clothes, makeup, wigs, or lipstick, but she does not like it when my nails get long. She also doesn't like me to have polish on.
    The fix to that problem is, I keep my nails cut and I don't even have any polish anymore.
    It is a small compromise.
    She has known about my CDing since the day I proposed and has never had a problem.
    Yesterday was our 19th anniversary and she gave me a larger pair of diamond studs!

Platinum Member

My Story

I love my wife.... But some times!!! Standing with my head in the refgerator and pointing at something I'd like for dinner last night.... "Yeah.... The stuff that doesn't have any vegetables in it.. Right there". She made a comment about my nice long fingernails.... again.. I can't even remember what she said this time except the words.... "Your not a girl"!! Well duhhhh!! I thought that was pretty obvious, but thanks for pointing that out!! Not wanting to get into it.... I just repliied that I like my nails longer.... And she just dropped it... And we ate.... And she made me eat vegetables!! Ikkkk!!

I think that the nails are something that she sees every day and something that she can complaign about easiest.. To keep the peace especially around the holidays I went and filed them back a little... Very little.... So we are cool.. Till they grow out again.. I have to remember not to point at things next time!! Hahahaha.

Like what would you do?

Funny too last night... She's a nail bitter and I did notice that she is trying to grow hers out... A feminine competition!! I love to compete! Lol.
    KARREN you could be telling my story from start to finish
    the same exact thing.
    Orchid

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    For my wife, it apparently wasn't the acrylic nails in themselves that really bothered her, but rather the fact (or so she observed) that the longer time that I had them, the more feminine my gestures became.

(When she told me that, internally I said approximately, "Oh, cool!".. but at the next opportunity I went and got the acryllics removed completely. It was a highly sensitive time in our relationship, and she needed evidence that I was trying to make the relationship work.)

I think that the nails are something that she sees every day and something that she can complaign about easiest..
    Your wife doesn't like your nails long because they makes you look effeminate in guy mode. I'm sorry to say this, but she doesn't want others to know she is married to a CDer. You can take the femme clothes and the makeup off, but it is hard to hide long nails.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki-Z View Post
    Well Karren it's jealousy, pure jealousy! She's upset your nails are longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by sherri52 View Post
    Your wife is jealous of your nails
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ Tresa View Post
    she is constantly complaining about the length of my nails. Yea you guessd it she bites them, I don't and yes she is jealous and admits it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaElizabeth View Post
    [COLOR="Blue"]Mine are like steel, so I can grow them out quite a bit! When she sees that it upsets her!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa1955 View Post
    She may not like the fact tha you have better nails than her.
    Quote Originally Posted by linnea View Post
    She's jealous!
    To all the others who said Karren's or your own wives are jealous of the nails, while it may be true they wish their own nails were stronger, please do not project your own pettiness on to your SOs. They likely also do not want others to think that you are effeminate.

EDIT My post comes off as being bitter. I just want to add that I support all your decisions to keep your nails long. My own SO has long nails and I cannot grow mine. They are too weak. I wish I had nails like my SO, but I am not jealous of her nails. I admire them.

I do feel awkward should my sons see her nails though, but I would never ask her to cut them. I hate the idea that people should modify their behaviors in order to conform to other people's standards. But, some of our friends and loved ones are judgmental and it is tricky to find a balance.

I do know that one of the biggest reasons SOs do not support the CDing is because they do not want to live with the burden of everyone else knowing about it. I'm not saying this is right, just that it is true.
    Last edited by ReineD; 12-23-2009 at 10:54 PM.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    And she made me eat vegetables!!
    You know, if you had listened to your mother 'way back when, this wouldn't be such a problem for you now...

If your wife's worst faults are her bitten nails and her wanting you to eat veggies, you are a lucky man.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by EveMarie View Post
    You gonna grow your nails long, learn how to type better, or at least proof read your stuff!
    I had my acrylics done 2 weeks ago and it took me 3 times as long to try and find the right keys with the tips of the nails…

Evie

oh, and eat your veggies
    Yeah, and learn your from you're, too

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

"You're not a girl".... No. But I play one whenever possible.

How would that go over?

I have bitten my nails since childhood and just recently stopped. I think it was Dani being allowed to come out & play that made it happen. I still pick at them and sometimes bite them if they are cracked, but they're starting to get long enough to do something with. I'm definitely getting a manicure soon, but I don't know where to go. It has to be someplace nice. I can't stand the chemical smell from the cheap places.

Vegetables are good!! Okay they're just okay. Meat is good too, but I have to watch how much I eat. I am a Carbatarian. High carbs, low protein makes me lose weight since I don't retain as much water then. (I just tried today to have a salad for lunch but they're so damn much work for so little food & nutrients!!)

[SIZE="3"]Nail biting is generally looked upon as a lack of sexual fulfillment. Hmmm, interesting, no?? Anything you need to work on with her?? [/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]She made you eat vegetables, complained about your long nails. But, at least she isn't making you wear women's jeans!!![/SIZE]

Funny too last night... She's a nail bitter and I did notice that she is trying to grow hers out... A feminine competition!! I love to compete! Lol.
    For goodness sake, she's not competing. She's a heterosexual woman so she's attracted to MEN not women. That's why she married a MAN.

Your posts are funny and all, but do you ever stop to think how hard this is for your wife? She had no idea what she was getting into when she married you. Can you blame her for asking you to not shove your feminine trappings in her face?

Before I get accused of being transphobic, I totally support CDs and CDing. But it galls me to see wives legitimate concerns dismissed as 'competitiveness'.
    Last edited by Acadeca; 12-26-2009 at 04:03 AM.