Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So now we're a 'trend'?

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar

So now we're a 'trend'?

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0091224f1.html

Seems interesting. Maybe we're going to be the next 'in' thing. Instead of Prada it's going to be CD!
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Will have to watch this. If it gets too popular every Tom, Dick and Larry will be doing it. That's when I bail.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My New Job

Screw NYC...I'm moving to Japan.

Sweet!! A trendy trend.. Let's start one up over here!!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

still in training bra Elaine Michelle's Avatar
    All I can say is, Japan is a long way from the US.

Elaine

Looks to me like a "Fetish cafe"

I don't see it catching on mainstream.
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

Gold Member
    Does sounds interesting, but it sounds like just a novelty over there, as far as the restaurant goes...which isn't a bad thing. However, what is interesting is what the article said about the growing trend of CDing in Japan, and it's acceptance by the public. It's funny that in all our diversity here in the U.S., and our claim to be tolerate of everyone's lifestyle, how backwards we seem to be in tolerance of anything different from the mainstream. Time will tell.

Gold Member
    OK say that did happen. When it went out of style, would CD's be given hell for being out of style, much like we do today when someone is wearing something like leg warmers?

It would be interesting to see how it translated in the real world, like if CD'ing became fashionable.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

We all have our dreams... AmiFL's Avatar

crossdressing servers

There is a place in NYC and Vegas (where else) All the the servers are all men dressed as women. Check it out @ www.planetluckychengs.com

The article indicated a Tokyo-based lingerie maker has been selling bras for men. This is exactly what will drive me away from dressing. Let's face it, if underwear for men was as attractive as women's I would have never been a CDer in the first place. Lingerie made for men is just pure ugly. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    The article indicated a Tokyo-based lingerie maker has been selling bras for men. This is exactly what will drive me away from dressing. Let's face it, if underwear for men was as attractive as women's I would have never been a CDer in the first place. Lingerie made for men is just pure ugly. No thanks.
    I agree. I've look at some of the mens hose etc. Absolutely not. They are not the same. Guess I'm stuck with the womens section. To me the whole point is to feel and look like a woman.

Merry Christmas to all and may your New Year be good for all.

Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    Will have to watch this. If it gets too popular every Tom, Dick and Larry will be doing it. That's when I bail.
    I'm with you sister!

Jen

Maid Cafes have been around for a while in Japan. There's enough of them now, it's not surprising someone's finding a way to make theirs unique.

Did you notice the quote of the one employee?

"I become a totally different person to release my stress from work. I have the feelings of a man and I will quit once I get married," he said.

Sounds like a familiar refrain.

There's a lot of other "interesting" stuff to be found in Japan. They are a lot less uptight about things related to sexuality over there than we are here in North America.

Former Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    Being "mainstream" would kind of take the fun out of it.

Wow, I'd work on weekends if such a job was available around here!

Regarding CDing ever becoming mainstream... even if it did, I would not stop doing it. I CD for myself, not for anyone else. What does it matter what proportion of the general population does the same? Unless you CD simply because its something currently socially 'unacceptable' or risque, it should not matter. I for one would rejoice if CDing became an open and accepted practice- I could go out as Melanie whenever and wherever without any worries about passing or undue harrassment from others.

Melanie

I like it. Hopefully it will help CDs gain some acceptance. BUT.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    When it went out of style, would CD's be given hell for being out of style, much like we do today when someone is wearing something like leg warmers?
    Haha! I was wondering that too. Oh, the irony!

It would be better to be considered out of fashion, than to be thought of as a pervert, wouldn't it? Heck, I'm already out of fashion.
    Tina

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MelanieP View Post
    Wow, I'd work on weekends if such a job was available around here!

Regarding CDing ever becoming mainstream... even if it did, I would not stop doing it. I CD for myself, not for anyone else. What does it matter what proportion of the general population does the same? Unless you CD simply because its something currently socially 'unacceptable' or risque, it should not matter. I for one would rejoice if CDing became an open and accepted practice- I could go out as Melanie whenever and wherever without any worries about passing or undue harrassment from others.

Melanie
    Melanie, I have to agree with you. For many on this site I get the impression that some CDs dress because it is unacceptable or risque, once they get their jollies they can put the clothes away and become a guy again.
    For others, being open and accepted for who we are and the way we want to dress is more than a trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine Michelle View Post
    All I can say is, Japan is a long way from the US.

Elaine
    True!

Many Americans try to be like the Japanese, and they can be LIKE them but they can never be Japanese.
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

I wouldn't mind crossdressing becoming mainstream, - then more people would accept us and not discriminate against us for jobs or friendship. I love to visit a Japanese Maid Cafe and I like to work in one too if there was one in Chicago!

...One of the maids, Reina, is in his 20s. During the week he goes to work in a business suit at an information technology company, but on weekends he serves at the maid cafe wearing a size 9 uniform, padded bra and fake nails.

At 165 cm tall and weighing 51 kg, he has a girlfriend, but she doesn't know about his second job, he said.

"I become a totally different person to release my stress from work. I have the feelings of a man and I will quit once I get married," he said...

Yeah, right... where have I heard this before ?

Great article and a small ray of hope for us! Lord that CD hostess looked great in the pic!

Hope they don't start making bras and panties for men. Then they will totally ruin it.

mystery men

""Men who are not used to being served by women can feel relaxed and talk to the 'maids' easily because they are male," said Chaan Sarin, who heads the cafe's waitstaff."

and who would that be? Monks?

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Looks interesting to me, just wish I had the $$$ to jump a jet to Japan tonite and maybe find some work.