Thread: Where to begin ?

Where to begin ?

I have tried cding on and off since I was about 12 years old and loved the way it made me feel although haven't tried on any clothes in a while.
    I really want to dress but I feel intimidated ,I guess I want to be passable from the start but I know I must start somewhere. Any suggestions are welcome. there are so many beautiful ladies on this forum , surely some of you can share your thoughts on this.

Hi Terri and welcome. First you should dress for yourself, getting the makeup right is the hardest (practice). Once you are comfortable, enjoy
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I have experimented with makeup and I have a lot to learn.

Are you petite, plus size, etc? Do you have feet that fall within typical woman's sizes? Do you need a wig or have hair that will style femme? etc.

Oh, and do you have fat credit cards? LOL

Passing is overrated. Do it for fun and for yourself, the rest will follow. Just my
    "It makes no difference whether the voices in their transformations have each other to depend on or not. Smooth them out on the whetstone of the universe (tian), use them to go by and let the stream find its own channels; this is the way to live out your years. Forget the years, forget duty, be shaken into motion by the limitless, and so find things their lodging-places in the limitless." ~Zhuangzi

"everyone here hates everyone here for doing the same thing that they do." - Less Than Jake

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Terri, we can help u!

Just post a pic of yourself in the photo section here! Ask for help, criticism, advice, etc., and you'll GET IT!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by southernpeach View Post
    Passing is overrated. Do it for fun and for yourself, the rest will follow. Just my
    [SIZE="3"]
    I agree completely, so its also my
    I began this way. Just dressing for myself. As you said it feels good and to me it was fun, the rest just followed at its own pace. I didn't try to push it at all.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]
    Hugs,
    Tiffany

My facebook: www.facebook.com/ladysnow71

[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I get most of my clthes at thrift stores, both guy, and gal clotes. Also. find occasional shoes, hats, scarfs, hose, wigs, nail polish, makeup! Lots of fun. I wait, until no one is near the ladies clothes, then check quickly! Very quickly. If someone asks, i say its for a costume, or friend! Shoes, i get on the internet, but, did run into some size 15 red 3 1/2" heels, once.[/SIZE]

And remember that the word "passing" is evidently viewed as a personal attack on them by every crossdresser online.

It really takes a lot of practice,somewhat of a hit and miss.I found that not dressing for long periods of time you lose technique and a sense of fashion(hair,make up,clothing).The best thing to do is manage your time and schedule if this is what you truly enjoy doing.

I'm average to a little overweight build with long black hair.
    Don't have a fat credit card LOL

Terri, I would start by seeing what size fits your body. then go shopping either at a store or online. Ebay is where I have picked up most of my stuff. You may want to get feminine clothing that will be nutral and get used to wearing them. I wear ladies jeans and was nervious the first few times, but don't anymore. Even start underdressing then go from there.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

My four cents as said, find yourself a good wig- they dont have to be expensive- 40-60 dollars is ok sometimes even less. Work on your foundation. Learn what colors look good on you- find all the help u can. Get a makeover if can afford it and ask for advice. MAC does makeovers as well as various stores for cds. Realize that u have a certain face structure and you can only work with that. You will always pass as a cd and a human just maybe not as a woman. That doesnt mean people wont treat u with respect and as a female.

Karren Hutten here is a mod on a makeup forum somewhere. That would be good reading.