Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok girls I'ts time to get serious

Ok girls I'ts time to get serious

Iv'e read a few threads on some of you wanting to lose weight, well now is the time to all put in, stick together and help each other.
    So post some recipes, some tips on how you have beaten the bulge, some exercises and maybe we can work together.
    If you are really serious about this I want you to get up now, move to the back of your chair and holding on with one hand, do 10 squats, no more no less, go on I'm waiting right here for you.................Go on.....
    Now post the amount of Lbs you want to lose, you don't have to post your weight and we can support each other and give praise where it's due. I read Wendy's post in another thread.....Wendy your'e a legend.......maybe you could help some of us with a few tips.....
    I myself want to lose 30lbs and starting from today will make a promise to you that I will put in 100% to achieve that (well maybe 95%). With a little encouragement and a few slaps on the wrist it may be possible.
    This is Melissa's SO here Lyn....melissa is one of the lucky ones, she doesn't need to lose weight, she never eats lollies, cakes or dessert (I wish I didn't)
    So how about it girls, ready to give it a try........

....................Hugs Lyn..............
    We have to weather the storm before we can enjoy the sunshine

Well, its going against Doc's orders, but i'm only 3 kilos from the magical 80kgs.

Have put on a kilo of mass in the last week, so if i cut out the carbohydrates, i'll be slim and trim in a coupla weeks!

Just don't tell my doctor until i hit 80kg's please.

Christine
    Last edited by Clare; 08-02-2005 at 09:36 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

weight loss

I found that the Weight Watchers diet works for my wife and me. I do the cooking, so that's a help. I don't go to any meetings (Hip hip horray for Margie, she lost .6 lbs, whistle clap YAWN), but have several of their cookbooks. The recipies have changed over the last few years, they used to be very dull, now they have gotten very good! The main thing is cutting down on fat in the diet. They do like pasta, which I do love! That and exersize.

OK, I'm for it, I want to loose 10 lbs!

Is chocolate on the diet?
    michellej

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    Melissa, I want to lose 25-30 lbs, my problem is it is genetic on my moms side. I weight 185 and want to get back to 160ish... I could use some encouragment This starvation diet does well but I can't keep the weight off . I use to weight 195 and got down to 180, seems so hopeless
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

10 squats, okay I'm with you for the 95%. I want to lose 20 lbs at least.

My tip for the day is stravation does not work, try eating 6 small meals per-day instead.
    Stephenie

I guess the thing I've heard most is that diets don't work, It's more about life style change, the more you deny yourself the more likely you are to give in.Diet helps but exercise is probably the main thing, for weight and for health.
    In Aus we have a heart smart soup, don't know if you've heard of it.
    You make up a huge pot of soup with any veggies you like throw in some stock cubes and tomato paste and boil the crap out of it, then every time you feel peckish you can have as much of this as you like, this does not replace meals, It's an added bonus and is really supposed to help the cravings and is good for your heart (providing whatever else you eat is sensible). The other thing that Males in particular need to do is drink more water, a lot of time your body is just crying out for water and this is mistaken for hunger. If you drink a lot more water you will find out that you need a lot less food. You should be aiming at two litres a day, this is also really good for the kidneys.
    ............Lyn...........
    We have to weather the storm before we can enjoy the sunshine

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Katie,

I started at 201 and have been maintaining a pretty steady 178-180 and I'm not starving. My trick was to change my eating habits...juice instead of soda, salads etc. at lunch instead of high calorie junk...and increase my exercise level (like up from none). The exercise level has gone back down lately and that is why I'm not at the 170 I want to be. Don't be discouraged....if you are holding and not gaining back you have 95% of dieters beat. Aim for 3 or 4 pound loss and then relax for a week and then try for another 3 or 4. Don't put so much pressure on yourself that you feel like you're in prison. I'm impressed that you have accomplished so much already. I'm in Melissa...8 lbs !!!

Emily Ann

In the last few years, i have had a weight problem and i went to a dietician for the first time early last year. Losing weight is not as simple as it sounds - for lots of reasons.

In my case, I was sent to the Doctors for a range of blood tests that were requested by the dietician. When she reviewed the results, she explained all about things such as 'LSH', 'LSL', metabolic activity and so forth. My cholestrol level was ok and no real risk of diabeties at that point in time.

As it happened, my metabolism was converting carbohydrate energy directly to fat reserves in the body, which is why i wasn't losing weight. The solution? Don't eat foods with carbohydrates - Noooooooo! Pastas, rices, breads, cerals(sp?) and any other hi energy foods were off the menu!

The dietician determined that the right food groups for me were basically protein rich such as fish, chicken, yougurts, etc... I had to keep my fat intake down, but they all say that!

I guess my point is, if you want to seriously lose weight permanently, go see a dietican who can provide you wit the correct diet options to suit you body's particular circumstances.

Christine.

PS: Don't do the starvation thing like i did, even for a short time! It does have adverse consequences for the body & brain and i'm still getting over it. I wasn't eating because of serious emotional issues i was having at the time and wasn't aware of the (temporary?) damage i was doing to my own health.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Gastric bypass surgery worked for me, but that is a little ratical. But I have heard very good results from Weight Watchers. It's not a fad thing, but a lifestyle change. It has worked for some of the people I work with. Some have lost 50 to 80 lbs. Oh, I lost 160 lbs. in a year. But I had other things wrong with me, as I was at 325 and went to 175, now at 179. Good luck girls.

maybe a group chart

Im in for 30 pounds, does anyone know how to put in a chart so we can all log in and put in our weights. then we can see each other lose it all. maybe that will be a help and fun to watch. I follow my moms body shape so I really need to lose it. I wnat to be in a 14 or 16 dress by years end for vacation.

Banned Read only
    Mellisa

It's easy girl !

Don't overeat!

Exercise daily!

No it's not easy at all.

But it's great having to buy a smaller skirt size!

Love Angela XX

StephanieCD
    I actually want to lose somewhere between 30 and 50 pounds myself.... I'm scared. Hold me.

just one of the gurls
    healthy or not I just quit eating except for one meal a day...the only thing I can't seem to get rid of is this belly......mabe I could just wear maternity clothes and claim I'm pregnant????

Quote Originally Posted by andy burke
    Mellisa

It's easy girl !

Don't overeat!

Exercise daily!

No it's not easy at all.

But it's great having to buy a smaller skirt size!

Love Angela XX
    Actually it almost is that easy. In April, I started eating smaller portions of more healthful foods, cut out the cheeseburgers and fries, substituted home made smoothies (fresh fruit, juice and yogurt) for ice cream and no big dessert two hours before bed.

My activity level was already moderate and I didn't change that at all. Within 6-8 weeks, I dropped 20 pounds... down to 183 from 203.

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by StephanieCD
    I actually want to lose somewhere between 30 and 50 pounds myself.... I'm scared. Hold me.
    Aww there there

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar
    I have lost 15 pounds in the last month just by getting back to work. I hope to lose 15 more and get back to 125 before the end of september. I dressed the other day and couldn't fit into some of my smaller clothes So I have alot of work to do. But it sould be easy to sweat off those pounds at work.

Platinum Member
    ok i am in too i have been doing real good but i need to get to a size 8 i am a 9 now but that last drop down is a killer right now i am a wapping 158 pounds and i would love to lose a nouther 10 to 15 pounds...sailds healthey food smaller amounts ....long walks....i might even exizise if i have to....

Eileen1969

Arrow Just Do It!~

I for one have gotten to a whopping 250 lbs! at one time! I recently saw that pic! and thought omg! that was then! At that time even though I was not concerned about my wieght! Still today I am not concerned! I believe if you want to lose it girls! ~ just do it! I did aim for attainable goals! just by going to say to myself! ok I'll at least stay away from sugars and fats! I started there by cutting down my intake of junk foods and especially fast foods! Now I am 157lbs and I have lost nearly a 100lbs! I do workout everyday and love the rush I get most times! It not only helps you lose the wieght but also beat stress! and feel good about not only your outside appearance but your inside too! START SMALL ATTAINABLE GOALS! it works if you want it too! Take care of you have fun and stay sexi! plus hey if you can find someone to do this with makes it twice as nice! "You Can Do It!!!!" my love and hands down to those with even the littlest steps! hey dancing is fun too! much love Eileenxoxo
    "Love my legs and envy them...."
    "Love is all I need....
    "Sexy and know it!"

Eileen1969

Exclamation done it!

Quote Originally Posted by eileen1969
    I for one have gotten to a whopping 250 lbs! at one time! I recently saw that pic! and thought omg! that was then! At that time even though I was not concerned about my wieght! Still today I am not concerned! I believe if you want to lose it girls! ~ just do it! I did aim for attainable goals! just by going to say to myself! ok I'll at least stay away from sugars and fats! I started there by cutting down my intake of junk foods and especially fast foods! Now I am 157lbs and I have lost nearly a 100lbs! I do workout everyday and love the rush I get most times! It not only helps you lose the wieght but also beat stress! and feel good about not only your outside appearance but your inside too! START SMALL ATTAINABLE GOALS! it works if you want it too! Take care of you have fun and stay sexi! plus hey if you can find someone to do this with makes it twice as nice! "You Can Do It!!!!" my love and hands down to those with even the littlest steps! hey dancing is fun too! much love Eileenxoxo
    ps Melissa girl! are you dashing this girl? mio? or are you running on indian time? lol love n hugs Eileen
    "Love my legs and envy them...."
    "Love is all I need....
    "Sexy and know it!"

i just want to loose these love handles i've got since i've been home from school. Last week i actually cut all soda from my diet, and in fact, i've only been drinking water, and skim milk. Now i just have to be a little more active...
    Last edited by Brianna Kylee; 08-02-2005 at 09:16 PM.

We have been attending a program at church called First Place. It is a support group with accountability in nine areas. It focuses on lifestyle changes and stresses eating balance healthy meals combined with regular exercise. I have lost ninety pounds and my wife has lost 35.

The web address is www.Firstplace.org

StephanieCD
    I knew a guy who lost over a hundred pounds with a diet he designed himself...

Eat as much as you want of only things you can eat with chopsticks (he wasn't Asian btw) and never eat more than one food item at a time.

He actually did lose over a hundred pounds on this diet... kinda strange though.

i have one method...

reprogram your brain. yes. from young, we are all 'programed' to eat three (or more) meals a day. over time, it becomes a habit. wake up in the morning, have breakfast. come 12pm, you have lunch. at 7, you have dinner. but have you actually stopped and think if you were really hungry? sometimes its just this gut feeling that we must have our lunch.

this is more for those office-worker types, of course, since you sit at your desk all day. if your work involves physical activity, of course you will need to eat.

next is to eat less. easier said than done? well, for one thing, eat slowly. take your time. i remember there was this article that said that your stomach needs some time to tell your brain that it is full, so if you gobble down your food, you will overeat. start by cutting down on your portions. the keyword is portions. you can still eat that steak, or that fatty, oily piece of meat, but eat lesser than you normally would.

cut down on carbohydrates. i think the atkins diet is too extreme in that it doesnt allow carbs. go ahead and have your carbs, but have less of it. a recent article (sorry i can't remember exactly, so i can't provide a link) said that eating more protein is actually better than eating carbs, cos protein makes you fuller, so you will end up eating less.

i feel the above method requires a lot of willpower. there were times when i felt hungry, especially during lunch (since i skipped lunch). but somehow, after a few hours, say about 3pm, the hunger pangs disappear. and i'll survive till dinner. also, as time goes by, you will get used to the smaller portions, and in future, you will feel full despite eating a smaller portion than before.

of course, what worked (and works) for me, may not work for you. exercise caution. if you get gastric easily, don't skip your meals. you don't want to end up in a hospital

ps. with the above method, i can actually eat all the unhealthy food i want, including 'bad' stuff like chicken skin, fatty pork. i can go for eat-all-you-can buffets once every fortnightly, eat my fill, and not gain weight.

pps. the weight loss is not very obvious. it takes a very long time to actually see a loss, but you will be able to maintain that

hope this was useful for anybody

for Val Tan !!!

There is this saying... Moderation is the key to life! It works for me and I really don't deny myself much of anything... just in "moderation".

The eating slowly thing is very healthy... and you WILL lose weight! I read this article that said you should chew each mouthful 40 times before swallowing. That is really hard to do... at first... but you get used to it fairly quickly. I've cut down to about 20 times, now, but I automatically chew slower now. Even "chew" what you are drinking a few times instead of gulping.

And... walk more!!! Walk everywhere! Just start walking!!!!!!!!!! Great for "right brain" activity, health... and burning calories.

Oh! Warning! Don't lose toooooo much weight. Been there... done that... not good!!!
    Last edited by Jen_TGCD; 08-03-2005 at 01:39 AM.
    [size=3]---Jen--------- [/size][size=1]*[/size]

Aspiring Member
    Melissa,

Before I re-started dressing I dropped 10kgs - and I'm afraid its just hard work. I walked for 45mins BEFORE breakfast and 30mins BEFORE lunch and avoided using the car for short trips, cut out fast foods, butter, white bread. Ate more steamed rice and chicken or fish dishes, wholemeal, oat bran, fruit and vegetables and drank more water.

I lost the weight in about 5/6 months which included the Christmas/New Year period...but then as someone said its not what you eat from Christmas to New Year that stacks on the weight - its what you eat from New Year to Christmas.

Now I just keep to a basic regime of walking and watching what I eat and my weight has remained stable at around 64kgs since [about 4 years]. I guess I could still firm up a bit around the middle but I'll wait until Spring

Fiona xx
    Last edited by FionaAlexis; 08-03-2005 at 02:59 AM.