Thread: Color is so important?

Color is so important?

You have to know him...my father in-law, a fun person at times, but too passionate about certain things at other times...

We were boxing day shopping and he decided to buy a new laptop computer. It was a great deal and I was expecting to hear they were all sold out. My father in-law just finished telling me the computer was a late xmas gift for his wife. When the store clerk returned, he asked, do you want it in pink? (and it looked like pink was the only choice)... he answered.."no way!" ...I just about burst out laughing because I could not beleive how strong his reaction was. He got a more 'manly' color in the end, but I was wondering, would he have passed up the great deal if pink -was- the only choice? The positive thing, when he got home his wife (who knows him very well) on hearing the story, said she really wanted the pink one.

...is a crossdressed PC really so bad? hehehe
    Last edited by Sally2005; 12-30-2009 at 03:33 AM.

Hi..
    That s about right with many men ., oh pink is my colour & has allways been .
    Pity he did not just get the pink one .....he d never live it down ...giggle .

On a side note . if you dont mind . how much was / are those computers . as the lowest we have over here is about $700 kiwi , a laptop was it .
    ...noeleena...

"The Colour of Money"

If pink were the only choice, and the salesperson asked me that question, my
    answer would have been along these lines:
    "How much? A good deal? My favourite colour is green. As in money."
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

Thank goodness younger generations aren't worrying so much about gender roles and all that "manly man" business.

Pink Tee shirts...not manly enough

Many years ago,a construction company owned by a gg friend's husband had a bunch of great Tee shirts printed on high quality material.The manly work force took all quickly EXCEPT for the PINK ones! I didn't work there and they were offered to me...I scooped them and laughed everytime I wore one.All the women loved the pink ones the best. My camera is pink...so a manly man won't steal it!

Gold Member
    But would you go "Pink! I'll take it!" or would you play it up a little and try and get an extra discount? We are suppose to be savvy shoppers, aren't we?

[SIZE="3"]
    A good deal is a good deal.

I got mine in lime green, but it was such a great deal, I didn't care about the color
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]
    Hugs,
    Tiffany

My facebook: www.facebook.com/ladysnow71

[/SIZE]

It was actually a netbook... $250 boxing week sale at Walmart and Bestbuy. Some stores may still have them in stock. Not a bad little machine.

I've got one of those little Acers, but they didn't have pink when I bought it, only blue.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Quote Originally Posted by Sally2005 View Post
    He got a more 'manly' color in the end,
    Doesn't he realize that the first part of the 20th century pink was considered to be a boy's colour while blue was a girl's colour. Now it's the opposite. Pink, blue, pink, blue, pink, blue.....is it any wonder I have a gender identity problem!

All I know is I love pink! Now is that my male side or my female side?

I'm soooo confused. lol

Vicki

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicki-Z View Post
    All I know is I love pink! Now is that my male side or my female side?
    Almost definitely!
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Hell I couldn't even get my daughter to buy a pink netbook.. And I was paying for it! Probably figured if she got the pink one then I'd be using it all the time?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    Anyone who looks in my panty drawer has to know I love pink Same for my bras too, and nighties. My motto is "Think Pink!"

Hugs, Marci
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.