Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else a Weather Wimp?

Anyone else a Weather Wimp?

Winter is here in Philly and it seems to have put a screeching halt to my going out. Just doesn't seem like fun - out in a dress and hose in freezing blowing wind. Anyone else out there a 'seasonal' CD? I suppose it has something to do with living in the city and not owning a car....

I have even been dressing around the house less, which is weird because I'd been so gung-ho about it this autumn. I haven't completely stopped, still get out shopping en drab occasionally ( right now I'm wearing a silk Ann Taylor jacket and dress that I bought today for 50 cents!!! ), but the cold seems to have taken the fire out of my CD belly. I sure hope it returns in the warmer weather.

All the Best,
    Ann / SS

PS - anybody with a car want to pick me up and take me to the mall?

opaque tights, longer skirts, boots, and a long wool/cashmere coat. That will do the trick.

Veronica Rogers
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

i took the Karren Hutton path today (sorry, karren, can I mention your name if you don't mind ?) and went to a skating rink for the sheer reason of trying to lose weight on a blustery snowy day. I'm sick of being housebound. I'm a bit northeast of Philly. If I don't get off this forum and do something meaningful and practical, someone needs to drag me away in an ambulance.
    I should be shopping for knee-high boots, which I have my sights on a pair.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 01-03-2010 at 05:46 PM.

Being a California girl now, I'm a wimp by nature, but Cissy started out in Chicago and I used to love going out in the snow, now it's just the rain but I love going out in it:

I love going out in the rain - Umbrellas are great for hiding behind on the street.

I think I've been gaining weight and I don't like it. I found myself sitting on my bike here in house and thinking 'vroom, vroom' it sure would feel great to go for a nice long bike ride. Did have a long walk yesterday. It's the beginning of Jan, way too early for cabin fever....

Ann

Anyone else a Weather Wimp?

try some layd's jeans or a long skirt and some lady's boots

I'm a weather nut, I was at the University of Missouri when the sirens go off and there's a tornado outside, I'm usually the first one outside. Now that I live in Seattle, I'm used to the rain. I'm always wearing jeans anyways.

If I was in Philly,I'd come by and pick you up
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Lol!! Wuss!!! I'm good down to 0 and maybe -20 wind chill....

After that I have worn dress skacks below zero... but I didn't like it! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    i took the Karren Hutton path today (sorry, karren, can I mention your name if you don't mind ?) and went to a skating rink for the sheer reason of trying to lose weight on a blustery snowy day. I'm sick of being housebound.
    I'm doing the same thing tonight..... puck drops at 10:10pm... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by Karren H; 01-03-2010 at 06:46 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    I'm easily the biggest cold weather wimp I know. The high was 46F today and all I could do was text my wife (who is currently in MD) and complain how cold I was.

I agree though...for some reason the winter season really brings out the girl in me.

I tend to go out more as it gets to be winter. I can break out my long leather coat, and my boots, toss on a pair of tights under a knee length skirt and im set. When I hit the club it is still short skirts and dresses no matter the weather. Michigan is not for wimps!

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I dress in the cold in fact I am warmer in the cold because of all the stuff I wear in the winter. I do all my figure training in the winter months so those garments alone keep me warm with my coat.

So no I dress in all temperatures.

I'm a huge wimp in the cold. I used to be all tough and macho about it when I was younger lol. But it's in the teens here tonight :O
    removed

If the cold in Philly is anything like Milwaukee (wind chill around -7 today), then I sympathize with you sister. I still dress in the house but it's been too cold to go out in anything less than a bearskin pelt to keep from freezing to death. I find dressing less enjoyable when I have to stay in, and I'll be counting the days until spring. I know I have a long wait till then, but I have plenty of girl clothes to keep me cozy while I wait.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I am originally from just outside of Philadelphia, grow up in Montgomery County then lived in Bucks County for a little while. When going out I simply bundled up be it long dressed with tights or thigh highs or jeans boots, both way nice warm coat gloves and hat. When I first moved to Oregon a co-worker gave me some really good advice, do not let the rain control you life (it rains a lot here) and took that advice since if I did not I would be home bound a lot.
    SRS January 27

30 is cold enuff to make me want to curl up in bed. Good thing I live in california.

huge wimp but it is -15 below without a wind chill.
    mostly harmless

Smile

lived in ca all my life, hate the rain. do not mind the snow.

I must be a relatave of the wicked witch of the west.

as for the cold..not a problem ...so much, just please no wind.

but if I could just find a pair of boots that fit and do not hurt the feet.

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    I wear shorts all year round. I wear shorts when it's raining, when it's snowing, when it's really windy, when it's 10 degrees. I went back to Jersey for a week at Christmas, did not bring pants. Oh and I rarely wear a jacket. I like to say I'm warm blooded...

Samantha has no pants! Skirts, dresses, fishnets, panties, no pants!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

Nope!

Just the opposite. My last 2 outings have been during snow storms. But this is New England so if that stopped me I'd be dressing only a few months of the year!
    Snow Storm.jpg
    Sally

Silver Member
    I am also a bit of a wimp about the weather, thought it doesn't bother me until it gets below 20 or so. Like you I prefer to wear a skirt suit or office dress, hose and heels so if it is ridiculously cold I don't bother. I am also a bit afraid of betting into a car accident while dressed if it is snowing and icy.

I HATE the cold... Here in Ohio it's really cold right now... we hit single digits last night.. with wind it was REALLY nasty..

I am ready to move to New Zealand...

After 30 years in S.W. Fl., I hate the cold, but the plus is that I get to wear my fuzzy fluffy sweaters that I love so much, not to mention that my boot wardrobe has expanded immensely!

cold weather girl

The winter season is my time to howl.
    Way too busy in the summer months to dress much so I have to make the most of the late fall to early spring

Long Warm skirt: Check
    Tights: Check
    Fuzzy jacket: Check
    Galls Steel-toed boots: upgrade required. I do need to get a pair of decent boots. Any suggestions for size 13+ overthecalf nice looking boot? Within the Detroit area?
    Otherwise I love the underdressing opportunities.

I love the cold weather. It gives me a chance to wear some of my spouse's dreamy fur coats.