Thread: were you....

just one of the gurls

were you....

Just a small thing i'm curious about. when you were young and in school (grade school, jr. high, or high school) were you one of the ones who were picked on, an outcast, a nerd, or something other than the jock/cheerleader type?
    I happened to be the one who was picked on constantly, beat up after school almost every day and never ever invited to functions such as dances, prom, etc. Of course I grew up in a small farming community where the great past time was beating up sissys like me who would not fight back.
    I wonder sometimes if this is a part of my need to crossdress---even though i started long before grade school.
    So, were you one of these people?

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    No , I was pretty much in the no-mans land of the school battlefield . I kept my head down pretty much most of the time but fought back when I had to.

In fact , much to my shame now I look back on it , in the later years I may even have crossed the boundary to the bulley dark side. In fact I have used Friends Re-united to try and look up the one chap I may have been a bit hard on to try and make ammends but have never had a reply yet.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

My Facebook Page

[size=4]Yes, I used to get seven shades of s**t knocked out of me. I was a nerd before the word was invented, and a target for bullies. I always tried to defend myself, and once went on the offensive to help another boy who was being bullied, but I was never a tough guy.[/size]
    [SIZE=5]Natalie [SIZE=4](the Tranny Granny)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The thantom phread killer striks again[/SIZE]

What Me Worry
    I was a jock in high school football, basketball, baseball and ran track. Played football in college. I was the quarterback and married my high school sweetheart she was a majorette. The whole time I was out on the athletic field or courts track or whatever all I really wanted to be was a cheerleader.

girl next door
    As a grade schooler, I was a b i g crybaby, kind of embarrassing.
    Then I was a bit on the dorky/nerdy side in H.S. (all guys, Catholic).
    To my surprise, several of the guys I hung out with turned out to be gay.
    I didn't know it at the time, didn't even really know what it meant.
    It wasn't until I was in my mid twenties that I became particularly comfortable around girls/women. Now, even tho I'm in the closet, I have mostly female friends, most of whom consider me "one of the girls."
    ((sigh) I wish!!

I was not a jock type or anything like that when I was in school. Actually I did the opposite, I was in the band all the way through Jr.high and High school, the only sport I ever did was I was on the track team. I never really got bullied though because when someone would try to pick on me I would usually pick back! The school I went to usually if you showed them that you would fight back they left you alone and would find someone else to go bully around.
    "How can you find your fortune if you can not find yourself"

Picked on in grammer school, high school and to this day as I am in my 30's, still a bit of a outcast and picked on, just not as bad. I have grown a thick skin from it all.
    :Power: [SIZE=4]Sindy[/SIZE]

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I'd have to go with nerd. I was picked on some but just verbally even though I was very small for my age. I just had a quick wit that the bullies seemed to respect some so they didn't lay a finger on me. I was not into sports at all really so I was definately not a jock.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

I got picked on a bit in 8th and 9th grade, but in 10th grade and up I was in ROTC (military class). I was on the rifle team and was pretty good (I have some trophies). The goons usually don't want to mess with a guy whose main interest is guns, so most problems quickly faded away. When I was a senior in HS I did have a guy pull a knife on me. I stood up to him and one of his buddies talked him out of using it. I made sure the guy didn't get in trouble over it. We didn't become friends, but he didn't cause me any more trouble either.
    Phoebe

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    When I was at school I was somewhere in the middle. I wasn't a nerd but I wasn't the coolest kid either. I did play sports but I wasn't particularly good at anything.

In my life now, especially at work, I do feel that I am a success. I'm a little bit wimpy and I'm not the least bit manly, even at work. But I do fit in, and I do feel I get respect because of my abilities, also I always try to help my co-workers whenever I can.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I was never in the mainstream. Hated male sports like rugby and cricket. quite enjoyed hockey, and that's not a girly game, whatever anyone says. Once a year we had a friendly against the local girls' high school and they were tough bitches.

I wasn't a nerd, I wasn't a jock, I made no effort to be 'one of the gang' because I secretly believed I couldn't keep up with them.

I always felt different, but I didn't realise why for many years.
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

If a movie was based on my school days, i'd be a background character. I just stayed neutral in school. I kind of just minded my business, never played school sports, never did band. I just kept to myself and a few close friends.

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianna Kylee
    If a movie was based on my school days, i'd be a background character.
    That's a great way of putting it. I did do various school activities, but never really felt like I fit in.

Actually it's a measure of how much I hated high school that when I went off to college I never came home for summer vacation, but instead lined up jobs near college instead. Wasn't really conscious about it at the time, but in retrospect it was pretty clear.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Grades K-10 I was under the radar. I was sometimes picked on, but I'd fight back. While in the 8th grade I got into a hell of a fight with one guy, whipped him badly, turned out he was a tough nut, just wasn't his day, I guess. Then during my sophomore year we moved. It was 1967-69, and I played guitar and I played it well. The girls came in droves, literally and figuratively. Then came the draft. Goodmorning, Vietnam. High school was over.

Aspiring Member
    I was never abused and rarely physically attacked - there always seemed to be, at least, one kid who was weaker or more weird than me. I was nevertheless left out of most things. I was quiet. I wasn't sporty and I was always the last to be selected in any team choice.

I recently saw a Billy Connolly monologue about how not to be chosen for the school fitba' team....and, of course, it was to act as effeminately as possible.

So I was always one of the fringe dwellers and I was always on tenterhooks that I'd be next in line as school freak. I remember commenting in my early 20s on visiting my old school that I didn't realise just how much I hated it until I left the place.

Fiona xx

I was kind of in between. We had the jocks/cheerleaders (the popular crowd) the geeks/dorks crowd and the stoners. I was kind of in between the geeks and the stoners because I was in all the band classes, but played bass and drums in a band that was well known outside of school and partied with the best of 'em.
    So I never really got picked on. I wasn't what you'd call popular, but got invited to my share of parties. When I wasn't playing at them that is.
    Love and Hugs,
    Jessica

Banned Read only
    I was the loner type who walked around the school grounds by herself.

Never did like American high schools. In crowds out crowds who gives a damn. Doesn't mean anything in the REAL world

British high school wasn't much better. Seeing as i was the only YANK there i was beat up often for silly stuff (At the time we bombed Libya i was blamed for that)
    I think they were jealous too because half the female population of the school asked me out.
    If you know me by now you would get the correct answer on what i said to the females.

What Me Worry
    I find it hard to believe that I am the only jock to respond.

Banned Read only
    In high school, I was a cool guy with a lot of friends. I was good at sports but never joined any school teams. I was into bmx freestyle as my sport (it was popular in the 80's).

Now people don't like me cuz of my crossdressing and they call me a nerd, gay, or unpopular. And I'm a closet crossdressor. People really hate you for crossdressing.

I played soccer in high school and was a good player on a perinnially good team. I was a good athlete. I kick boxed for a while and was good at martial arts. I fought alot in school from being picked on. I am very small framed, but I was tough in school. Never lost a fight.

I was a loner though in high school, a few friends and angry at the world. Didn't hit until recently the anger was from repressing the dressing. I LOVE sports especially football and basketball. Mostly I love the emotions that come with playing them.

I am told I can be intimidating at times. Although, I am becoming more true to self as I get older.

xoxo
    Laura

Angry

I wasn't really a jock, I playd football, baseball and some basketball, but didn't hang with anybody. I was a loner and fought a lot, never started one, but didn't back away niether. I wasn't a bullie and I often stuck up for some kid being picked on.I went to a couple school dances and didn't have a problem dancing, but I was more affraid a thew girls than I was with the boys. I was glad when I was old enough to join the army and get away from prison, which most people call a school.

Rikki

held my own....sometimes

Maybe nerdish, but word wasn;t invented yet...More into my own things. Because of size I wasnt that bothered, but once in a while had some trouble. Definitely not athletic, was heavy in those days. In any school world, there is a circle of friends in the same category, so I hung around with them...l.I remember on grad day from jhs, this one guy who had always been rough on me verbally -- came up and sort of apologized and wqnted to shake my hand....I think "the girls: made him do it...I shook his hand, but never forgot his attitude.
    `Who are YOU?' said the Caterpillar. Alice replied, rather shyly, `I--I hardly know, sir, just at present-- at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.'

Me? I was seen as a bit of a nerd by my mates. I suppose it was because i studied more intellectual classes than they did.

But i was also into sports as well, particulary basketball, although i was not seen as a 'sports leader' at all.

Got picked on a little bit by the bullys as everyone did eventually, but generally i snuck through school as a bit of a 'loner' in some ways - but always happy!

Christine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

I was never picked on, but wasn't a nerd either. I was smart kid but did a fair bit of hell-raising. Kept me OK with many groups. Never dated much and had only a few really good friends. Wouldn't want to go back for anything!

High School wasn't much fun for me, I was a nerd, In the library squad, abd pretty much an outsider. Not picked on just not really seen by the jocks and cheerleaders. IN fact I would have loved to have been a girl cheerleader.
    hugs
    Shaylynn