Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I only dressed 4 times last year.... So why am I not depressed?

I only dressed 4 times last year.... So why am I not depressed?

Oh yeah... Was going through my photos and sorting them... By date and location and .... You know........ Anal engineer syndrome.... But I soon realized I only had 3 folders for 2009... And I new I dressed once without taking photos.... (I must have been ill). So that 4... Compared to 100's of folders in 05, 06, 07, 08.......... And the reason is mainly due to the economy and things at work.. Less travel and have a trainee who I send out in the field... (And no he wouldn't fit into my clothes!!!)

But surprising to me is I do not feel bad about this at all... A few years ago I might have but there is so much more to my life than just crossdressing.... Maybe I've grown or matured... I'm always remodeling something at home, currently finishing a new oak starrway and railing... Have to put a new power steering pump on the van.... Rebuilt my Megatouch Evo ion bar game system... Exersizing daily. Playing ice hockey twice a week.... Kids alwyas need attention... Work is crazy... Taking the wife to see Cirque De Sole's Dream illumination tonight.. .. Posting online here and modding on makeuptalk. And on and on.... If I get 5 hours sleep a night I'm lucky.

I have been under dressing a bit more over the holidays... But though I don't dress hardly at all lately......... I still talk about it and shop for stuff and buy makeup.... (Though that has fallen off). So on a daily basis I'm getting my fill of crossdressing without actually crossdressing... I have no real need to show everyone the "real" me... I'm not really obsessing over crossdressing..... Don't get me wrong I would jump at the chance to jump into a dress... It just doesn't bother me that I'm not...

I really have a hard time relating to all the doom and glomm I read here.... And I really have no clue why I started this rambling thread.... .except to say.... That you be happy with the cards your dealt.. They are hardly ever the ones you wanted... But with some effort and the right attitude you can make it work and be pretty damn happy!!! Whether you like it or not! Hahaha.

Crossdressing is supposed to be fun!!!! Celebrate it every day like its your last....

Ok... I'm putting my pom poms away and going back to work!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

only dressed 4 times last year.... So why am I not depressed?

I agree I dress every chance I get and love it

I at least underdress every day and have been wearing my 36C forms almost daily( did I mention it's been very cold here in Texas and big jackets are the norm) but on days I dont I feel ok with not dressing.Although it does make you look foward with much more anticipation to the next oportunity
    Kimmy 55

maybe you're just settling into a more typical "middle-aged" male or female lifestyle, where you really only would get dressed-up 3 or 4 times a year

I think you're just getting old Karren

Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Karren you just show that no matter what we have on the outside we are ourselves on the inside. I just love being femme and I miss it when I can't express it.

Are those Penguin or Steelers Pom Poms?
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post

Now I'm depressed!!!

Getting?? I've gotten... Then some.. Sigh.

.......My Photos

Aww, it's ok When I get to your age, I'll cry with you
    Administrator

Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

My theory is that once you've brought in all the stuff that really matters into your personality, dressing then becomes secondary or tertiary. You know you're both and neither gender at once, and how you dress becomes external.

What's inside, even if originally discovered through dressing, stays with you no matter what you're wearing, after you make friends with it, and the training wheels become no longer necessary for this or that trait to express.

It's a good thing, fulfillment.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Gold Member
    I like your attitude Karern, and it's pretty much the way I feel as well. As much as I love to dress, I'm not going to let it take over my life...there's so much more to do. I don't know, maybe it has something to do with being in my 50's and developing a clearer outlook on life. Whatever the reason, I'm having fun.

It just shows that you are living a well balanced life without becoming obsessed by any particular facet of your personality. We either adapt to our circumstances and live a happy life or its doom and gloom.

oK Karren, perhaps this is a good sign. I have a friend who is affected by the pink cloud (two actually) (three if you include myself). When does the intense craving and obsession relax its hold on you? If I built an oak bannister--would it help?

Great thread Karren. And yes when we are older than dirt (I like to say as old as a rock before it erodes into dirt). Right now, I do have the opportunity to go out dressed and I take advantage of it when I can. However, I do not have all those other just as important and almost as important and not important activities that you do, since I am kinda stuck in this Pink stuff for now. I do hope that I can change that somewhat this year, so that when I do need to cut back on my dressing due to maybe having an SO, a real job or whatever, I will have those other activities to keep me busy and as happy as I am today! Thanks again for bringing reality into this life of ours, as you so well do in your posts.

Karen,
    I look back and it has been OVER 1 year since I last dressed. I attended the Chicago Gender society christmas Party in december of 2008. That was the last time Lisa was out and about. Am I sad? No. Am I angry? No. Do I miss going out as Lisa? Apparently not! Will I go out again as Lisa? Most likely!! When? No idea!
    Like you said, personal activities have kept me very busy and I truly have not had time to dress for a 'girl's night Out'.
    Since seeing Lisa in full dress and going out a few times a year since 2003, I just do not have a desire to 'underdress' anymore. It's either all or nothing for me at the moment.
    Maybe if I get the 4 cars rebuilt, the sunroom built, the new garage up, put in some solar panels and a couple low speed wind turbines, I'll find time for Lisa again!!
    Oh, that's if the kids don't start providing grandchildren!! that will take up more time!!
    But such is my life! I won't purge anything, since I'm certain what I do have is generic enough it will be 'in style' for a little longer and if not then I'll add a top or buy a skirt to update things!!
    Hey! I can ramble too!!
    Lisa E
    Last edited by LisaElizabeth; 01-06-2010 at 02:44 PM.

Karen, I am so happy to have read your post! Not because you are dressing less, but because you are not plagued with a ceaseless, unsatisfiable craving that takes you away from the other things you enjoy doing.

I like what Wen said.
    Reine

East of Mysanity (I bet you thought, "where the heck is My Sanity?")
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I still talk about it and shop for stuff and buy makeup.... (Though that has fallen off).

Did no one pick up on the fact that Karren isn't buying that much makeup anymore!?! Impostor!! Not really her that posted this

Honestly, as long as one is content, that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wen4cd View Post
    My theory is that once you've brought in all the stuff that really matters into your personality, dressing then becomes secondary or tertiary. You know you're both and neither gender at once, and how you dress becomes external.

What's inside, even if originally discovered through dressing, stays with you no matter what you're wearing, after you make friends with it, and the training wheels become no longer necessary for this or that trait to express.

It's a good thing, fulfillment.
    Yes!! And it is very fulling...

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Great thread Karren. And yes when we are older than dirt (I like to say as old as a rock before it erodes into dirt). ............. Thanks again for bringing reality into this life of ours, as you so well do in your posts.
    Why do I say exactually the same phrase? GE 101 maybe? Lol.

I do have my wife to thank... Though now a hobby fan.... She is the ultimate bringer backer to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Karen, I am so happy to have read your post! Not because you are dressing less, but because you are not plagued with a ceaseless, unsatisfiable craving that takes you away from the other things you enjoy doing.

I like what Wen said.
    I've always said.... Family first...... Then work and friends..... If and when there is time left then I can claim it as mine... Great. If not that great too..

.......My Photos

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I thought I was the only one who tracked my dressing in folders I did not count mine for last year and I had to dress because of stress! I do understand about 4 times a year Not need to stress it just means you found the balance.

Glad you are not depressed about not dressing, Karren. But the gentleman attendant at that rest area where you used to change is really depressed because he hasn't seen you for a while.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Karren, sounds like ur too busy to crossdress. Just stop all those other projects & get to it!!
    That's why they closed our rest areas here in joisey!! Too many crossdressers, and no attendants!
    Last edited by kristinacd55; 01-06-2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: add a smilie & add a rest area :)

That's too funny Sherrie because I stopped at that rest area the other day and he did not recoginize me any more!! Lol. I keep thinking I need to go do that again... It was a blast... Wonder what my schedule looks like tommorow?

.......My Photos

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post

GYOD Tamara, you are worse than people thought!

Now Karren, the reason you are not depressed is cause you are not emo.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    GYOD Tamara, you are worse than people thought!
    OI! it's not my fault Karren is getting too old to dress is it

[SIZE="1"](she'll be wearing granny slips and fluffy slipper boots, with her hair in curlers and a blue rinse)[/SIZE]

Administrator

I'd reply to that buy I accidentially crushed my tri-focals with my walker trying to ring the nurse!! Sigh...

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I've always said.... Family first...... Then work and friends..... If and when there is time left then I can claim it as mine... Great. If not that great too..
    Don't get me wrong. I don't believe that CDing should come last. CDers also have needs that are just as important. I meant that it is sometimes hard for a CDer seeking to achieve a balance (who does not wish to go full-time), to do this happily when she is constantly yearning to dress. The yearning and craving takes her away, in spirit, from enjoying the other parts of her life. Then it seems as if the rest of her life is flat.
    Reine