Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Illusion and Truth

Illusion and Truth

This site is a combination of illusions, magic and truth. There is no sleight of hand as in stage magic, but instead a wholesale sleight of gender to fool the senses. From the time I was a young girl I have been fascinated by magicians and their tricks. I am constantly fascinated by the CD magicians on this site. Just visit the “Boy mode vs Girl mode” Sticky to see for yourself. Metaphorically, in the crucible of life this is alchemy in action, the changing of male into female. It is an intriguing and magical process.

At this site we have men dressing as women, women dressing as men, most everyone using some kind of false name, a fem name, and wearing make-up, wigs, false or real boobs, skirts, dresses, hose, heels, and many other props in order to perfect the illusion. By the strictest definition, this is all an illusion to cover the true gender, identity and appearance of the man. In truth, the person we see is an illusion, a woman, the end product of a magical transformation. Nobody really is who they present themselves to be.

What is the truth then? Truth will be different for each of you. I am out of my element here so perhaps you can help me out. When I come to the site I see, attractive, sexy, articulate women. I think the illusion you present to the world is nothing more than an outer expression of the female you believe yourself to be on the inside. The obvious truth is you want to be accepted and identified as the particular illusion you have created with the tools you have. The ultimate truth is you are the raw material, the magician and the illusion itself, representing the truth of who you are.
    "It takes a real man to dress as a woman."

Coda...
    No illusion with me...Julie is me...the male was the illusion...

But I am more amazed than anyone about this...

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Thank you Paige and I understand the essence of the meaning of your post but this copy and paste is fraught with danger
    Quote Originally Posted by Paige. View Post
    In truth, the person we see is an illusion, a woman, the end product of a magical transformation. Nobody really is who they present themselves to be.
    ... because for many of us how we present really is how we feel we are. In other words what you call the "illusion" is for us showing on the outside what we feel we are on the inside. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding but for many of us our femme presentation is no pretense.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 01-09-2010 at 12:40 AM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Gold Member
    That really hits the nail on the head Paige. Illusion and magic are the key here, for both sides of the spectrum......and that's what makes this so much fun. I love being a magician and practicing the art of illusion....tho I still need WAAAAAAY more practice!!!!!

There are lots of smoke and mirrors in my illusion. Truth for me is that I can't see who I am when I look into a mirror, and the smoke is really a thick pink fog. If and when I find my truth, I'll let you know.

Real magic is a way of extending the known universe.

Unfortunately, most stage magicians have forgotten where they came from, so they produce dove after dove without understanding that creation of life is a miracle.

Or they saw a woman in half and take a bow, without realizing that the real miracle is putting her back together, thereby restoring life.

When we crossdress or when we transition, we do extend the known universe, becoming God's partner in our own creation. And that is magic.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

This site is a combination of illusions, magic and truth. There is no sleight of hand as in stage magic, but instead a wholesale sleight of gender to fool the senses. From the time I was a young girl I have been fascinated by magicians and their tricks.
    I never consciously thought of it like this. But I also have been a fan of magic since a youngster. Fell flat on my face during my first magic performance in third grade for the class. My second and only other performance was for my younger brother's cub scout den. I wowed them with that one, though I made a big mistake that they didn't catch with one trick.

Later, I had an interest in witchcraft for a while. When I was a pre-teen, I wished I had the power of Sabrina, the teenage witch, or Samantha, from "Bewitched," so I could change myself to female and back at will. Or even Jeannie, from "I Dream of..." and lately, my interest has been manifestation through meditation. I am also highly interested in shapeshifting and have actually found a hypnotist that sells a shapeshifting cd which I often listen to along with a couple of gender transformation hypnosis tracks from another vendor.

Basically, we're all shapeshifters here, or as you said magicians. I really like your analogy.

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    The fact that soooo many people here use the P word tends to reinforce what she said. One of the definitions of the P word is to present that which is not real. Otherwise put an illusion. The fact that many solely base thier appearance upon thier physical appearance also reinforces what she said. The fact of the matter is that what makes a woman (or man) is what is in thier heart and minds.

That truely is the REAL secret to being accepted. First step is self acceptance and then an understanding that 70% of the worlds acceptance has nothing to do with your physical appearance. If you make it to that point you no longer think about the P word. You are who you are and you walk with confidence and the world then pays you the respect you EARNED!

I have a feeling that what I said makes no sense to many here but then I also assume what the original post said also makes no sense to many.

Be yourself and be proud of whatever you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie
    Last edited by Katesback; 01-09-2010 at 02:32 AM.

still in training bra Elaine Michelle's Avatar
    Yes, for me too this is quite magical. I do find it hard to believe that it is really me that I see in the mirror.

What you see is me to the extent that I obviously choose the clothes, the makeup, the overall look. But to be honest, I am such a beginner that I don't even fully control that. At this stage I am just following the makeup tutorials, experimenting with looks and hoping that something nice comes out.

For me, this is a creative, fun, exciting exploration of another culture, the culture of women. Admittedly, it is a fairly shallow exploration. I am only exploring the outward appearance and physical feel of women's clothing. I have somewhat explored the social interaction part in Second Life, and that is rewarding too. As to other parts of women's culture I can only guess and that may forever be so.

Elaine

The only magic involved was the first magical moment when I looked in the mirror and for the first time ever saw me, Pamela, a woman looking back at me. Knowing that the illusion I'd put up for so many years pretending to be male had just disappeared forever.
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

When i dress as Rhonda, i express an illusion of who she is, what she likes to wear, how she likes to look, how it feels to be her. The illusion allows me to realize the sensations & experiences that i enjoy the most - the subtle things that i sometimes forget to savor when caught up in the vortex of it all.

Rhonda loves slips & bras (w/ breasts), skirts & hose, blouses and heels. Lingerie was my first passion. I developed a taste for daywear later, yearning to know how it felt to wear the clothes i found so attractive on the women at work. It was only then that i discovered and accepted Rhonda as the woman within me.

The feeling of crossing my legs in a skirt, the sensation of nylons sliding together, the airy breeze under my skirt as i walk, the look & feel of wearing & walking in heels, admiring the curves of a full bust under my blouse, well i could go on forever...

I never know exactly what Rhonda's going to feel like doing - i just go along with it, admire the illusion that she becomes, then sit back & enjoy the experience. I've been testing out a new webcam tonight, and have mostly forgotten to focus on how nice this outfit feels, how nice it looks.

But now, her mood seems to be changing - another illusion will be out soon, and on until dawn we shall go, into the night. Another photo album to edit tomorrow. The weekend appears to be booked for us.

Gender itself is the real illusion. We're really here.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

gender is just a state of mind
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    At the risk of feeding a troll, I will add my

This site is a combination of illusions, magic and truth. There is no sleight of hand as in stage magic, but instead a wholesale sleight of gender to fool the senses.
    The use of the word "fool" implies dishonesty and I cannot accept that by being myself I am acting dishonestly

From the time I was a young girl I have been fascinated by magicians and their tricks. I am constantly fascinated by the CD magicians on this site. Just visit the “Boy mode vs Girl mode” Sticky to see for yourself. Metaphorically, in the crucible of life this is alchemy in action, the changing of male into female. It is an intriguing and magical process.
    If it takes alchemy, for someone's body to be aligned to their identity, then so be it. The truth that you seem to overlook is that the shape of a person's body has very little to do with their gender identity. True, for a large group of people, their body will reflect their gender. For another non negligible portion of the population, the only way to reconcile the body and the gender is to alter the body.

Then there are those of us who are in between the two extremes - perhaps on a journey.

At this site we have men dressing as women, women dressing as men, most everyone using some kind of false name, a fem name, and wearing make-up, wigs, false or real boobs, skirts, dresses, hose, heels, and many other props in order to perfect the illusion. By the strictest definition, this is all an illusion to cover the true gender, identity and appearance of the man.
    Clothing is, as you say, by definition an illusion - we use it to cover up the truth of our body - whether someone's body corresponds 100% to their gender or not, everyone covers things with clothing.

Where you go wrong is in assuming that because someone has particular physical attributes between their legs that forces them to one extreme of gender identity (either male/male or female/female).

When I dress to conform to my anatomy, it is an illusion which covers my gender identity. When I dress to conform to my gender, it is an illusion which covers my anatomical state. And either way it is an illusion to cover those parts of me that society would find distasteful.

Severely obese people (and I have been one) dress to cover their obesity - society would have frowned on me had I gone around exposing a 52 inch belly flopping around everywhere - so I created an illusion that my body was acceptable to society if held in by oversized clothing.

In truth, the person we see is an illusion, a woman, the end product of a magical transformation. Nobody really is who they present themselves to be.
    This is true of every single person on this planet, so your point is?

What is the truth then? Truth will be different for each of you. I am out of my element here so perhaps you can help me out.
    I think you would have stood more chance of remaining inside your element had you reflected upon the fact that what you are imputing to dishonesty amongst the transgendered, applies equally to the unigendered.

When I come to the site I see, attractive, sexy, articulate women.
    I don't recognise myself in the description of who you see on this site - perhaps one day.

I think the illusion you present to the world is nothing more than an outer expression of the female you believe yourself to be on the inside. The obvious truth is you want to be accepted and identified as the particular illusion you have created with the tools you have.
    Ignoring your implications of dishonesty, all of humankind attempts to create an illusion about themselves all of the time.

When a customer contacts the service of which I am part, then the advisor dealing with him/her tries to create the illusion of 100% competence to deal with the customer's problem. the reality is that we are more competent than the customer to deal with the problem, but 100%?

When I deal with my manager at work, she attempts to present the illusion of a competent manager who knows what needs to be done - and often this is true.

Whether I dress to my anatomy or my gender, I try to present the illusion that I am less fat than a scientific evaluation might suggest, in order not to shock my colleagues.

The ultimate truth is you are the raw material, the magician and the illusion itself, representing the truth of who you are.
    Your last sentence is almost correct and would be entirely if edited to read:

"The ultimate truth is you are representing the truth of who you are."
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I can understand the term "Illusion"

For me and ONLY for me, no matter how many different meds I might use and all the surgery in the world, can NOT alter one fact. I'll never actually BE a woman. Oh sure I can do all these things, ( magican props?) and carry off the "illusion" of being a woman, to the point of nobody would ever know.
    I just happen to not want to go to that extreme, but rather simply apply a bit of makeup, add some filler up top and use a nice girdle to pull in that which is a bit round, slip on some heels and a dress/skirt and presto changeo I look like a nice lady. That's enough for me. Would I want more? Probably, but the "price" of that is more than I'm willing to pay .... at this time.

So, yeah for me, and ME ONLY I can understand the original statement, and agree with it.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I am also intrigued by this world - but of course from the other side of the fence to you, Paige.

It is a bit spooky that I just posted a new thread myself on the subject of uncertainty about quite who and what I am.

Within the limited freedom the outside world affords us, we are restricted to a large extent.

Many of those restrictions are lifted here and I agree that the boy vs girl mode thread is one of the most fascinating for that reason.

What we carry away from the site, though, varies so much and hides so much uncertainty, indecision and pain. Yet it is a magical window - and one that has helped me so much over the past couple of years.

So - no great insights I'm afraid, Paige - but work in progress from one little corner of our world!

Hugs

Paula xxx
    This above all: to thine own self be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man.

As others have said, gender is irrevelent. I am not trying to trick of fool anyone, just trying to be myself;

However, open your eyes,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEcb-T0vC44

Have fun
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

The real trick is getting into character Paige and that involves really convincing ourselves of the illusion. We can have all of the props and equipment but if we ourselves don't believe it, the illusion is doomed to failure. Any good character actor will tell you that.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by tricia_uktv View Post
    However, open your eyes,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEcb-T0vC44

Have fun
    Brilliant link - perfect antidote to being stuck in the snow, with no place to go!
    This above all: to thine own self be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man.

The first few years of my life I was who I was. Then culture and society starts to interfere and If you ask me the 30+ years of acting manly was the illusion I presented to the world. I would catch myself crossing my legs in an unmanly manner holding my cigarette in a feminine way, holding back tears, a lot of times holding back these feelings would cause me to act in a way that i did not understand.

What illusions are you presenting to the world Paige?
    May the stars carry your sadness away,
    May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
    May hope forever wipe away your tears,
    And, above all, may silence make you strong.

Chief Dan George

I am who I am. (Apologies to Popeye).
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    Thank you Paige and I understand the essence of the meaning of your post but this copy and paste is fraught with danger

... because for many of us how we present really is how we feel we are. In other words what you call the "illusion" is for us showing on the outside what we feel we are on the inside. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding but for many of us our femme presentation is no pretense.
    Hi Paige,

I agree with Rachel on this one, it's how I feel. Nice thought provoking post.

Huggs, Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

There are so many different people on the site.Great people Where I've come to find I differ from the post is I am not trying to cover up my true gender.The true gender I feel is what I'm trying to show you.Many theorists and scholars believe that gender is not determined by ones sexual anatomy.For some your statement may be correct and for others ""sex" that you were born" may be a good substitute for covering true gender.

We could look at things a lot of ways.For many they are exactly who they present themselves to be..Themselves.

Illusion could work in some lives.For showing a false belief,this is none or which I do.

It would be nice to be accepted but, I accept myself which is of the most importance.If people would just let us go about our lives that would be great.Pretty much,you dont have to accept me,just leave me alone.Which goes along the lines of trust.If you don't trust me or believe in me,this relationship just isn't going to work.
    xo ~K~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nobody really is who they present themselves to be.
    Kind of true for everyone in the world I beleive.

I love the poetry of your post. Gives me the feeling of looking thru the eyes of a child. Hope that we can all keep a little of that wonder in our lives and outlook.
    Sally

is in her vest
    I think I do understand what you're trying to say Paige...to bring to life the person we feel we are, there is a degree of illusion, no magic, just a little subtle misdirection!

I have always said unlike most people, I wear my 'quirk' on the outside...most peoples oddity isn't so easily seen...