Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are your nails painted?

My toenails are usually a bright red and my fingers are usually clear coated and shiny but for the past couple of weeks I have been using a cheap Color Workshop shade that is a light translucent pink. Nobody has ever said anything about them.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

I keep a clear polish on my nails 27/7 hun.some times when I'm staying in I;ll put some color on.
    Angie

I only wish I could get away with having my nails painted.
    I used to keep my toes painted, but my wife would always know, even keeping them hidden from view. Considering that she's not supportive of my extracurricular activities, it doesn't go over well.

Are your nails painted?

I have never polished my nailes but most of thme have red nails

well...ya see..just the other day I was walking down the street and a band of roving day care kids attacked me...yeah that's what happened...there were 7 of them...one carried a bottle of bright red nail polish that they probably stole from there teenage sister who baby sits and...well while those children held me down they painted my finger nails...yeah...that's what they did...they were meticulous about it and I was powerless to fight the little buggers off as they pointed their water pistols at me...they even took off my macho climbing boots and wool socks and painted my toes...and afterward I could not find any polish remover anywhere...I looked at the hardware store, and NAPA and even the bowling alley....no polish remover anywhere so here I am at the checkout counter buying bread and milk...what's that? polish remover is aisle 7? Well you see, truth is I painted my nails, I like them this way, and why would anyone care? Oh you don't...I see...you just thought they looked nice and you wanted to know where I got them done...why thank you that is very nice...do you like the color? I think I can find the gang of daycare kids and get the number off the bottle

and yes I almost always wear finger nail polish. I like the opalescent ones either with a little pink or white or even a blue tinge.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Always a clear coat on my fingers and my little finger I keep a lite pink and my toes lite pink

Although I mentioned that I don't keep my nails painted, I will be next week. I have a business trip to Denver and will be having a pedi done before the trip. I still need to decide what color and designs I'll be going with, though.

I guess I'll go through the OPI colors to make my decision before I go to the salon.

Nice thing about this trip, I'll be needing to purchase some underthings, sleepwear, and makeup to use during my sparetime at the hotel.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

so helpful to have a feminine side!

I've had two attacks of skin fungus in my life and have finally (aren't drugs wonderful!) beaten it into submission. But...my 20 nails have been left in terrible condition, cuticles even worse. Some of my nails would actually delaminate like plywood....yuck.

Ta-da!

Enter Tina to the rescue! She tried acrylics and the pain of getting them on and off was so bad that Tina's gf (his wife) suggested that just painting the actual nails would be better and faster, and that not all women had long nails. Looking around for a "signature" nail polish brought to light Oley Nails for Males and OPI Nail Envy, both of which have a matte finish. The Nail Envy is absolutely terrific when put on over buffed nails! It binds like glue but can be readily taken off with polish remover. So, all 20 nails are coated all the time, and the difference is just dramatic! Tina's gf commented the other day that they look like natural (albeit sort of short) french-polished nails!

Ok, so this has taken 2 years to accomplish and I'm probably another year away from a truly wonderful set of nails, but in the meantime my nails are covered all the time, and the Nail Envy is a wonderful base coat for colors making us ready for Tina to visit any time!!!

Just one more perk of having a feminine life!

Tina
    Last edited by suchacutie; 01-12-2010 at 02:03 PM. Reason: typo

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Pink Acrylic

My finger nails have been Pink Acrylic since my wife passed away 4 1/2 years ago. Prior to that they were almost always painted, but not shiny pink like they are now. I get a manicure and pedicure every two weeks, and my toes are usually some shade of bright red.

As an Insurance salesperson, it is nice to have people watch my hands when I am trying to make point during my presentation.

I love my nails!!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

R U Kidding

Hell yes all 20

I love Sally Hansen

Today fingers are fairy tale ivory and my toes are blushing bride!

I love the sparkle/glitter effect
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

I use clear polish on my all fingers except my left pinky which I use a clear Pink, I also use a light pink on my toe nails.

Heather J.

Thumbs up

toe nails are painted raven red

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Never had that happen endrab, I have been asked what color are on my nails be a GG

i usually wear read nail polish on my toes, and clear on my fingers, unless i am going out then i do my hands up with what ever color matches my lipstick

Hardly ever do my fingers. Job and life are just to ruff on them. I'll do press on for going out once in awhile or hit them with a fresh coat of what ever I have.

My toes on the other hand are always done up. Like right now. Yesterday I had them done. They are a dusty rose base with black squiggly tiger stripes and a top coat with a slightly sparkle to it. (See photo.)Prior to that I had christmas nails. Glittery red base and an amaryllis flower painted on them with leaves.

Have I ever had a women or girl comment on my nails. Hell Ya! After I say thank you for any nice comments. They always ask if I have them painted all the time. I always say the same thing. All the time. I tell them I do it because it makes me happy and that is the truth.

Lisa
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Glad to have this thread going because it's been tooooo long since I painted my nails. I go out in public occasionally to attend our Groups socials which are held monthly. I've only but able to attend a couple events in the last six months and even those times I was rushed to get out of the house and didn't finish my look with nail polish!

I need to paint the toes tomorrow and of course my fav is bright red of course Nobody sees the toes in the winter but oh getting out of bed and taking a shower in the morning always makes me start the day with a smile.
    [SIZE=3]Silly girl! Because it's fun... [/SIZE]

I get a pedicure every two weeks and my toenails are always painted bright red (usually OPI Big Apple Red). One of my GG friends wears the same color on her toes and calls it "Hooker Red". Whenever I am not at work my toenails are always on display in low or mid-heel women's sandals. After all, why bother getting pedicures if you don't show them off to everyone? I live in California so I can wear sandals all year round. I get a lot of compliments from women on my pedicures and choice of polish. Almost all women tell me that red is the best color for the toes.

So girls, if you are hiding your pretty red toenails under closed shoes, get some women's sandals and weather permitting wear them proudly. It is a very liberating experience. I don't wear color on my fingers because they chip too quickly I don't want to bother with it just like many women who only wear color on their toes for the same reason.

Jamie
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

My long nails are painted almost all the time - pink, red, or purple. Lots of comments on how beautiful they look. And sometimes questions about the color or brand. In the 10 or so years I've had long painted nails, I've received one negative comment, and hundreds of positive comments.

my toes I keep painted most of the time I do paint my findernails a light pink that isn't very showy.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

My toe nails are always painted pink (Except for family vacations). Clear for the fingernails. I often do french tips, when I can get away with it.

I usually do my nails with clear polish and they are definitely long for a guy (about 1/8-1/4" of free edge) but I've only had one comment on them. A very nice Asian girl working at a donut shop that I go to noticed them. At the time I think I had OPI Nail Envy matte on them, which has very little shine, but she may have noticed because of the length and asked me if I was wearing nail polish. She was mostly interested in how I was able to keep them from breaking--she said she couldn't grow hers that long. Since then I've been back several times when I had glossy clear polish or a French manicure and she occasionally comments on how nice they look. She tells me I'm lucky to be able to keep them that long. Probably other people have noticed but no one else has made any comments.

MichelleH

Yes toes only now but clear on the fingers sometimes =]

Hey Girl's, I keep a clear coat on my fingernails almost all the time (i get lazy once in a while) My toes are always polished, my wife and I are always done in the same color! I've had a few comments about my fingernails, all good, one was great! One lady asked my wife in a check out line at cracker barrel what color she made me wear on my toes, she told her mostly red and she said she'd love it if her husband was that open!
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    Yes. OPI "Oh To Be 25 Again". It's a dark red-brown creme.