Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CD'ing: Fun or necessary?

CD'ing: Fun or necessary?

Being new to this forum and new to actively exploring my feminine side I'm curious why you crossdress. Do you do it because it is fun or do you do it because you feel you need to in order to be who you are?

If for fun, do you think you'll need to dress completely en femme and go out in public? Is it fun for you to have a little secret? Do you ever want people to know you CD?

For full time CD'ers, do you feel like you are really a female or is it something completely different? Do any of you relate to the male side of you anymore?

I know I'm not asking the questions as succinctly as I could so feel free to 'read' in to the question a bit.

For me, I'd say that I do this more out of fun. I enjoy being a man, a father, a husband, etc... I take pride in my appearance as a man. I'm in the 'metro-sexual' realm of things. My CD'ing is more of a secret that I enjoy. I like the feel of hose on my legs. Like the look of a convincing tuck or stuffed bra. But when I see myself in the mirror my illusion is gone and it takes the fun out of it a little. It seems I like the look and feel of it, but not when it's the 'man' me. Although the 'woman' me turns the 'man' me on. It's a weird experience.
    Kayleigh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://frisbeegirl14.blogspot.com/

It is both as i would not do it if i did not get any fun out of it and i get fun out of it because it is me .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Both!!! I'm driven to dress by some unresistable force and I know its not going away so I have embraced it and made it fun!! Being driven to do something that wasn't fun woud suck seriously!! Hahaha.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Well, I dress because I like it. I dress fully not only because I like it, but so that I have a better chance of being mistaken for a woman. I do it because of desire, not need. I enjoy "airing the girl out" every once in awhile.

Kathi

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Both.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Silver Member
    for me it is both, I have fantastic fun getting dressed and enjoying my clothes and wanering around in my heels, I love it but it is also necessary for me and has been all my life, I have to do it and would be sad if I didn't or couldn't, but i love to do it very much

Both

Definitely both .
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Well, I dress because I like it. I dress fully not only because I like it, but so that I have a better chance of being mistaken for a woman. I do it because of desire, not need. I enjoy "airing the girl out" every once in awhile.

Kathi
    DITTO

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Both!!! I'm driven to dress by some unresistable force and I know its not going away so I have embraced it and made it fun!! Being driven to do something that wasn't fun woud suck seriously!! Hahaha.
    Yeah, what Karren said!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

At times I think about the fun it is to feel something different and special. Other times (more now than before, as I'm trying to slow down and failing at that) I feel an extreme NEED like I do for food or water. It becomes almost uncontrollable, something I don't like to encourage.

While dressed, I hoped I would feel different, more feminine and less me I think. but that is not at all the case, as it is said the cloths don't make the man. Though they sure do make things super fun!!

The sad part, is there aren't any really specific answers to your questions. There are grey areas all over for us, and every one is different. And sadly it seems that we are all trying to figure that out, or many of us that is.

Good things to think about.

I dress because I love to dress. But sometimes I wish I didn't love to dress! So it's a bit of both, really!

Also, I know what you mean about looking in the mirror and being disillusioned - that's why you need to try your best to be convincing! There's no greater feeling than looking in the mirror and just not recognizing yourself!

I would have to say both. I love the feeling of the fabric against my body big turn on for me. I like how my body looks when I try to tuck (have yet to get it down). I like being slips the best so far, the thought of a being a dress would be more fun than anything.

Since I changed it from a compulsion to a choice it's just pure fun.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I love to dress gurly!!!!
    I would agree, both.
    Although, I love the feel of hose, panties, slip, heels, lipstick, etc. along with trying to be the best girl I can.

Hello all i would have to say possibly both as you see i have never been fully dressed makeup and all and i have never tried to go out side in public.
    But at the same time i guess i would have to say it depends on the mood i am in at the time i my self have only worn panties and pantyhose under my male jeans out that is the extent of it for me.
    Give the chance maybe but i would only do that to see if i could what it felt like and see how many people i could fool.
    And i do like my privatise.

Tiffanycd

No question...both.
    Veronica

"And the day came
    when the risk to remain tight in a bud
    was more painful
    than the risk it took to blossom"

- Anais Nin

Just here to make freinds
    Neither kidding! Well both of course - once in a while it becomes less fun and I need to put it on a shelf for a little - and wallah! it's fun again - and it's less of a threat to your health than drugs...
    Really enjoying this!!!

Well I simply don't know why I do it. I've been trying to find the answer for more years than I care to think of. I guess I'm addicted to some degree. All I know is that I'm much happier in myself when dressed completely. My wife loves me as her sissy because she finds me a better and more compatable companion.

I'm a happy sissy so I guess I do it for fun.

Both it is so rellaxing.

Ii do not do Boy stuff outside dressed. ie crawl under the motorhome or truck.

I don't want to get my "nice clothes" dirty!
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"

CD'ing: Fun or necessary?

for me its both, I enjoy dressing a lot, as far as stopping its never going to happen

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    Both... It IS fun because I can get lost in the illusion of BEING female for awhile, forgetting that I'm actually a man...until I see myself in the mirror and get smacked with the sad reality. I am single, don't have a wife or kids or anything like that to keep me tied to who I currently am. I do wish I had been female at birth, with the experience of growing up female and everything. Inside, I feel feminine, especially in the sense that I understand women better than I understand men. So yeah, while it's fun, dressing also makes me feel more like the "real" me.

Red face

i say both also. the feel and look of the clothes and the excitement of being a woman and a man. i go out and i am more personable en femme.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey_in_Mansfield View Post
    Both... It IS fun because I can get lost in the illusion of BEING female for awhile, forgetting that I'm actually a man...until I see myself in the mirror and get smacked with the sad reality. I am single, don't have a wife or kids or anything like that to keep me tied to who I currently am. I do wish I had been female at birth, with the experience of growing up female and everything. Inside, I feel feminine, especially in the sense that I understand women better than I understand men. So yeah, while it's fun, dressing also makes me feel more like the "real" me.

I think you are getting at the heart of what I am asking. You dress because you feel more feminine than masculine on the inside. Thus, CD'ing for you is a necessity and allows you to feel closer to your real self.

Of course it's fun for most of us (if not all of us). So the 'fun' part of the question was more in contrast to the necessity of it. For me, I enjoy the feeling of dressing up as well, but if for some reason I couldn't CD anymore, I don't think it would hurt me, like how it might hurt Bailey.

Perhaps another way to ask this question is, how many of you fully embrace your masculinity as well?

EDIT: I've also noticed that there are a lot of other posts on here that have addressed a similar question. So please forgive the redundancy.
    Last edited by frisbee_girl; 01-11-2010 at 05:22 PM.
    Kayleigh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://frisbeegirl14.blogspot.com/

Personally I too am new to cding. I do it more out of curiosity and fun then any thing else. I dont think that I would be willing to go out in public dressed up and honestly I dont really want to. I enjoy the secret that I am now sharing with my loved one. Its quite fun to mix outfits together (we are the same size) and she still loves the feminine and the masculine sides of me/
    ~Eva

:SirTrey:

Oooooh both, absolutely!

I'd be heartbroken if I could never slip my feet into some long, cool leather boots again!

I get fun, calmness, a certain sense of completeness out of BOTH my femininity AND my masculinity! I have the best of both worlds, I am harming nobody, and I am free.