Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can Positive Posts Here Lead to Depression?

The Brady Bunch used to depress me. How come my life isn't like that? I had to realize, no family is like that.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaM View Post
    The Brady Bunch used to depress me. How come my life isn't like that? I had to realize, no family is like that.
    Smart ass.
    That show used to depress me cause it sucked so bad.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Banned Read only
    Can't comment on the movie Avatar. Haven't seen it. I'm two thirds of the way through a lifelong boycott of Hollywood. As Jay Leno likes to say, "The movie should be rated NW8, for not worth eight bucks.

"Turn off the TV"
    "Turn off the crap"
    "Kick off your high heels"
    "And climb up in my lap" Jimmy Buffett

Some people are depressed and/or get easily depressed. That will happen to them under a lot of circumstances. Should we stop the positive threads and posts and then concentrate on the negative ones and then depress the rest of us? I think not. I do feel for those that suffer from depression. However, we just need to go on with our own lives, support the others when we are able and wish them the best in dealing with their own issues. Life goes on with or without us. I prefer to be included in enjoying life side. Otherwise, I will get depressed.

No! Constant stress and a negative attitude over a long period in time leads to depression. People was are depressed want to hear good news. And, when people say a move made them dpressed, they really mean the move made them feel sad...its not the same thing at all.

There are pluses and minuses to this. Sure, it's nice to know that there are others who share the same affliction. But it's also depressing to know how many have non supportive mates, and how many have none at all. I still find it odd at how many revel in how wonderful it is to be a crossdresser, when I know that is the major hurdle preventing me from finding a female mate.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I really dont have many reasons to feel depress but I feel most of the time and actually this forum has become a great tool to help me cope better with it.

Banned Read only
    There are pluses and minuses to this. Sure, it's nice to know that there are others who share the same affliction.
    Hmmm. I never really considered my crossdressing an "affliction". And I'm kind of thankful that it has prevented me from blundering into another restrictive marriage. All men are created free and equal. Then some men give up all their rights and freedom and get married.
    By the way, you'll get more sex and more variety as a single person than you ever will married.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone
    It got me wondering. I always look at what we do here as encouragement and support. I love to read the positive posts, and try to post my own activities in the same spirit.
    But, is there a "darkside"? Do some people find these posts depressing?
    [SIZE="2"]I don’t find positive posts depressing in the least, since this is NOT a competition. It’s great to know that someone is really successful being who they have decided to be, even though I get the feeling I’m looking at the tip of an iceberg through a keyhole. As such, it’s hard to get up (or down) about someone’s post – it’s all relative. When you think of it, it’s amazing that someone is active as a crossdresser and is so excited, worried, thrilled, or guilty about it that they write about their feelings. That shows a level of commitment, an acceptance or non-acceptance (and subsequent personal struggle) that makes this site tick. The only kind of post that depresses me is one written by a casual participant that reads like a back-handed slap against the crossdressing or transgendered community. Posts within a thread that support that kind of behavior (in a meek “thanks for coming – good luck” way) depress me even more, but, fortunately, that rarely happens…[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda G View Post
    All men are created free and equal. Then some men give up all their rights and freedom and get married.
    And some turn into miserable old misers who have nothing better to do than whinge and moan
    By the way, you'll get more sex and more variety as a single person than you ever will married.
    Well who would want sex with a miserable person like you? You probably whinged about that too
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    All men are created free and equal. Then some men give up all their rights and freedom and get married.
    After almost 50 years of a very lovely marriage, I could sit at my computer for hours and tell you why you are wrong, Melinda! But I am sure that my effort would be totally wasted!!

I did not any give up any rights or freedoms when I married. Nor did I gain any when she died! I am not a person who gets depressed, or stressed out! Sure, I occasionally get stressed, but it usually lasts for maybe 5 to 10 minutes. There is too much to LIFE for that to have a real lasting effect! If your life has any real meaning, there is too much going on daily to allow for depression! There is no room for it in my life!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Executive Transvestite KimberlyJo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma Leigh View Post
    With regard to this site, i have only become a member fairly recently, and it has changed my life in a number of ways, but mainly because before I joined, I felt unbelievably isolated. I thought I was unique!
    YOU ARE UNIQUE! Just like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    And some turn into miserable old misers who have nothing better to do than whinge and moan
    Well who would want sex with a miserable person like you? You probably whinged about that too
    Ouch...OWNED!
    [SIZE="3"]Viva la Revolucion!![/SIZE]

If you can't be honest with your SELF
    Then you can't really live YOUR life.

Man ---- ME ---- WOMAN

I'm just thinking to myself that's pretty pathetic. If they want pandora they should sign up with the peace corpse and head on over to africa and help some poor malnourished families survive the tyrant leaders that bully them around like trashed wives. It's just a stupid movie. Cameron has a history of making movies like this.

Now, having said that, I'll be a bit more friendly. I once had a dream where all the fruit was about as big as my fist and bigger. Even berries. The trees seemed as tall as buildings, wide as stadiums. It was beautiful. The problem is that this isn't reality. It's idealized. Reality will never fit our idealized views of it. If you come can to terms with the reality around you, and learn to appreciate what's there, then you that's even more beautiful than the ideal.
    Last edited by gemsay32; 01-14-2010 at 07:08 PM.

I haven't taken off my 3D Glasses since I saw the movie two weeks ago.

Everybody's blue....and tall!

You take away from movies what you want so the reporter must have a crappy journalistic life.
    A fantastic feel good movie is "The Blind Side" and its a true story, go figure they didn't mention it.

As far as it goes when I feel low I come here to raise my spirits.

Ce la Vi
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

Let's see now. Avoid uplifting movies because they might cause depression. Maybe I should go to more tragedy or blood and gore movies to lift my spirits.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

NOT necessary, Nicole!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Let's see now. Avoid uplifting movies because they might cause depression. Maybe I should go to more tragedy or blood and gore movies to lift my spirits.
    Just do what I DO to get depressed: Read a newspaper!
    I wonder if that has ANYTHING to do with why their failing?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    What does "whinge" mean. Never heard a word like that before.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Melinda G

You know nothing about me, and that's a personal attack. Go read your own Forum Rules. Or do they just apply to others?
    Last edited by Melinda G; 01-14-2010 at 10:21 PM.

I dont think its the positive posts. I think its the positive pictures. You see all the pics of our lovely ladies here and you go, wow I can never look like that. You start mumbling, then grumbling then turning green with envy then blue in the face, then..... So how bout ending the picture gallery? Just joking sort of...

sunny with a high of 75!
    Gandalf and Frodo were having a conversation. Frodo wished Bilbo had not found the One Ring, and that he didn't have to witness the rise of such evil as Sauron trying to enslave the world. Gandalf wisely said "so do all who live to see such times. Our only choice is what we choose to do with it (this time we have)". It's paraphrased, but you get the idea.

Sure, it could be a better world, but don't lie down and cry. OK, cry if you want, but then get up and CHANGE your world, by trying to have a positive impact on every person you come into contact with. This takes courage, and knowledge of yourself, and a caring spirit. Teach, volunteer, help a fellow traveler on this globe reach their goal, and slowly the world WILL change into something better than it is now.

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I'm sorry my male side is ging to come out on this one. DEAL with it, thats life. Everyone should like me, BOO HOO HOO i just feel like crying.

People that can't deal with make believe should not go to the movies or even read a book. So ok back to reality for me, I mean my alternate reality. Im so confused. You should feel bad for me cuz I feel so depressed now. JK

Gulliver`s Travels and Watership Down are two stories that is said to have a hidden meaning , maybe only some can see it and what they see depress`s them , does that make then weak or just susceptible to more feelings than some.
    How about music or the Colours on a battle ground doesn't that not get people to do things that they might not otherwise do , and how about when they read out War of The Worlds on US radio did that not effect a lot into committing suicide, Oh had to add this one in , do not some peoples post get you to react in a way that you may not normally do. so it is a bit silly to say things cannot effect people .
    Last edited by Joanne f; 01-15-2010 at 07:00 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Jayne View Post
    You take away from movies what you want so the reporter must have a crappy journalistic life.
    A fantastic feel good movie is "The Blind Side" and its a true story, go figure they didn't mention it.

As far as it goes when I feel low I come here to raise my spirits.

Ce la Vi
    I actually saw that movie a few days ago. I was depressed upon leaving however with the knowledge that I will never have slender shoulders and arms like Sandra Bullock
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

What does "whinge" mean. Never heard a word like that before.
    Same thing as whine, you know, what you're always doing!
    You know nothing about me, and that's a personal attack. Go read your own Forum Rules. Or do they just apply to others?
    I know enough about you to know you do nothing but moan, not my fault you took it as a personal attack and it's not my fault you're such a miserable person!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Sometimes when we only see the positive in life, it becomes really depressing. I'm not a fan of personalities that only see things in a positive light, and are afraid to recognize the negative out there too. There is only positive if there is negative, happiness if there is sadness... one doesn't exist without the other, or it would have no meaning. So if people leave Avatar or a great vacation they went on, or get dumped by someone that they liked a lot... I'm afraid that unless they experience the negatives in life as well as those positive highs... they won't ever find real happiness... (and that could bring up another wholly different subject of how to define happiness) ... but that's my 2 cents.