Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Found the worst site on the web...

Coda...

Unhappy

I'm an unholy trap of Satan...

Landover Baptist is a parody. It's a Poe (see "Poe's Law"). However there really ARE people who believe and talk very much like this, sincerely. Most of them are conservatives. Do the conservatives on this site understand why a lot of us do not like conservatives? Does it have to be explained? (I don't want to get in trouble here but, seriously). And really on a site like this, for TRANSSEXUALS and CROSSDRESSERS, why is it surprising that conservatives aren't popular?
    Derek

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

Brother Larry, no I do not think they are part of the congregation, however whenever some of us do evangelizing in the seedy underbelly of city nightlife, we may come across these creatures and every evangelist should be prepared. Often in my missions in West Hollywood and San Francisco, I would be talking to a what I thought was a gorgeous young lady only to find out when I take her back to my hotel to do bible study that "she" is really a HE!
    LOL yeah right, the only studying he will be doing is sex ED
    Last edited by Jenny Chen; 01-16-2010 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaLynn77 View Post

Obviously irreverent and satirical, the author has no fear... just look on the front page and see how he's got some jokey article about God's will and the Haiti quake. They are clearly going for shock value here.

Zero points for taste IMHO, but I still chuckled.

D.
    Truth is stranger than fiction. That rev. that McCain was "proud to be endorsed by" during the campaign said the Katrina devastation of NOLA was god's punishment for its embracing homosexuals. ( but when he said Hitler had the right idea about the jews, McCain decided maybe it wouldn't be good to have his endorsement )

But maybe it was a typo- lots of CD's are satinists, something about the sensual feel.
    Last edited by Fab Karen; 01-16-2010 at 04:55 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Finally! She wouldn't answer my letters, so I pm'd Coulter for tips on passing.

Hugs,

Melissa

Glad someone took away their fire matches a long time ago.

They have this weird mixture of sexual lust and disgust. Huh, it runs cold down my spine.
    Last edited by Byanca; 01-16-2010 at 08:24 AM.

Thanks for the link! I actually was laughing out loud at some of the threads. I like this one especially:

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=30186

I can't help but wonder why they are spending so much time on the net looking up "********".

Though that is a paroday site. Lets not forget there are really and truely hypochiristians out there that are still that backwards.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

Lol

Dear Fellow Members,

I've been a member of this site for a little while, and never really had the guts to post anything. But after looking at a combination of the site in question, and this post, I'm noticing something that's a little disturbing... some of you take yourselves WAY to seriously.

Maybe we should all go join that site
    You two are awesome! If we all went and joined his site and started posting random pictures, videos and the like, he would either use us as his next examples (making a complete fool of himself), or shut his site down in embarrassment. Or, he might not know what to do?

Do the conservatives on this site understand why a lot of us do not like conservatives? Does it have to be explained? (I don't want to get in trouble here but, seriously). And really on a site like this, for TRANSSEXUALS and CROSSDRESSERS, why is it surprising that conservatives aren't popular?
    That's almost as narrow minded as the rev. Just because we prefer the left or right side of politics should have no impact on what we have in common. If there's a wacko from either side posting, they're going to stir up somebodies emotions. I am a conservative crossdresser... and as much as it sounds like it, that's not a contradiction... it's just fun!

So 4serrus, these are for you:

Yea Stacie is not my real
    This was pretty funny, I wouldn't let this get you down. They're still many churchs out there still preaching hate and spend more time telling you what you can/can't do. They completely forget about the word of God and become gready for your money. My friends tell me, I am a very pretty girl and I could have any man I want, But I am not intrested in men! I still like women. So pastor Ass is wrong about this. He is picking more on gay people and has it all wrong about transgender people. What a jerk! I usally don't post my picture but,"I AM NOT SOME TRAP TO CONVERT MEN INTO BEING GAY".
    Attached Images Attached Images

However there really ARE people who believe and talk very much like this, sincerely. Most of them are conservatives.
    This is based on your personal experience or just what you are parroting? How many conservatives do you personally know and interact with regularly?

Some of my best, long time "friends" were "non-conservative" (you can't call them Left Wing Liberals because they will get their panties in a bunch that you called them a name) who turned their back on me the second they learned I was transitioning. Most of my conservative friends have stayed by me. So in MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE I've found that you are completely 180 degrees backwards.

Do the conservatives on this site understand why a lot of us do not like conservatives? Does it have to be explained? (I don't want to get in trouble here but, seriously). And really on a site like this, for TRANSSEXUALS and CROSSDRESSERS, why is it surprising that conservatives aren't popular?
    Thank you 4serrus. This and other comments just go to prove one thing to me. There are just as many (or perhaps more) narrow minded, bigoted, hurtful, hate filled liberals in the world as conservatives. The wonderful thing about liberals is they are as good at vicious personal attacks and hate
    Finally! She wouldn't answer my letters, so I pm'd Coulter for tips on passing.

Hugs,

Melissa
    or Karen's
    Truth is stranger than fiction. That rev. that McCain was "proud to be endorsed by" during the campaign said the Katrina devastation of NOLA was god's punishment for its embracing homosexuals. ( but when he said Hitler had the right idea about the jews, McCain decided maybe it wouldn't be good to have his endorsement
    as they are with generalizations of hate like yours

I guess this means I should just leave then since I'm not wanted here either. I'm a misfit even among the misfits. Wow do I feel good about myself now. Thank you for your support and understanding.

I never realized that being TS instantly forced you to change everything you believe. I just thought it meant I was living as the wrong gender.
    Last edited by pamela_a; 01-16-2010 at 12:16 PM.
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Pamela-

I was making an irreverent comment about a pretty commonly known, and obviously untrue(but sorta funny) rumor. I didnt put her on that site, or say one thing about the woman's political views. I was joking. Got it? talk about getting your panties in a bunch. Please leave me out, in the future.

Hugs,

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by pamela_a View Post
    This is based on your personal experience or just what you are parroting? How many conservatives do you personally know and interact with regularly?
    I grew up in a conservative evangelical community. These things have been said to my face.

Some of my best, long time "friends" were "non-conservative" (you can't call them Left Wing Liberals because they will get their panties in a bunch that you called them a name) who turned their back on me the second they learned I was transitioning. Most of my conservative friends have stayed by me. So in MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE I've found that you are completely 180 degrees backwards.
    I never said there weren't assholes in the liberal camps as well. Clearly, you and I have just had completely different personal experiences.

My experience has been with people (who at least call themselves conservatives) directly controlling my reproductive freedom, calling me demon-posessed, 'carnal' and an inherently awful parent because of my choice of religion, telling my husband to his face that he does not exist because he is an agnostic. Hearing people parroting the lies about healthcare reform, the homophobic bumper-stickers, and the casual racism that is so prevalent around here that sometimes I don't even notice it. These are just personal experiences! CERTAINLY not every conservative is like this, maybe not even most, but it's hard to say with how loudly that segment of the 'conservative' population is yelling and making a ruckus.

I will admit that there is a HUGE difference between social conservatives and FISCAL conservatives, who I disagree with but don't have a huge issue with. Economic policies? We can talk about that. But when so-called 'conservatives' work diligently to try to directly control my life? Yeah I have a problem with that.

Sorry if I have offended you.
    Derek

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

Complex Lolita...
    [SIZE="2"]Thanks for bringing this to my attention – I needed a good laugh! I think the gentleman of God was fooled and simply over-reacted, trying to make lemonade out of the lemons he paid for…[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Carole
    Can we get medals like they have?
    [SIZE="2"]I was thinking the same thing…[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by pamela a
    There are just as many (or perhaps more) narrow minded, bigoted, hurtful, hate filled liberals in the world as conservatives. The wonderful thing about liberals is they are as good at vicious personal attacks and hate
    [SIZE="2"]There’s no need to be so touchy about this subject. I assume there are conservative transsexuals, just like there are gay Muslims, Christian heavy metal groups and blue potatoes. So what? You run into trouble when you start pointing out the differences among people, something He was trying to teach us about, but that enlightened wisdom was forgotten (or conveniently misplaced) a long, long time ago…[/SIZE]

I was making an irreverent comment about a pretty commonly known, and obviously untrue(but sorta funny) rumor.
    Sorry Melissa I guess I stepped in it again. I must have missed that rumor so I wasn't aware you were joking. My apologies.

My experience has been with people (who at least call themselves conservatives) directly controlling my reproductive freedom, calling me demon-posessed, 'carnal' and an inherently awful parent because of my choice of religion, telling my husband to his face that he does not exist because he is an agnostic. Hearing people parroting the lies about healthcare reform, the homophobic bumper-stickers, and the casual racism that is so prevalent around here that sometimes I don't even notice it. These are just personal experiences! CERTAINLY not every conservative is like this, maybe not even most, but it's hard to say with how loudly that segment of the 'conservative' population is yelling and making a ruckus.
    That's funny serrus. I've had similar reactions from liberals who criticize me because I believe in a religion and call me weak and "needing a crutch". These same liberals want to control or regulate everything about my life including which doctor I can see. I watch the news or read a newspaper and experience the same parroting of lies about healthcare and global warming and I even hear the people screaming raceism every time someone does or says something they don't like or agree with. I guess certainly not every liberal is like that, maybe not even most, but it's hard to say with how loudly that segment of the 'liberal' population is yelling and making a ruckus.

I never said there weren't assholes in the liberal camps as well. Clearly, you and I have just had completely different personal experiences.
    One statement on which we can both agree completely.

I guess it all boils down to just a matter of perspective.
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

I'm happy to see that we're calming down and taking the time to both adequately explain our opinions and understanding the other's true intentions. If I had been on site during most of this thread's life, I would likely have closed it.

On a personal note, all opinions are welcome on touchy subjects, but I take umbrage at closed-minded political arguments. In my opinion. both ultra-liberals and ultra-conservatives need to learn to appreciate one another's viewpoints, even when in disagreement. Of course, I am savvy enough to realize in the current political climate that this is but a pipe-dream.

As for the web site -- and as a long time fan of The Onion, the old Harvard and National Lampoon magazines, and satire of all sorts -- I just wonder how many people take the opinions of the site as serious and how many reinforce their own prejudices because of it. Just the reaction in this thread would lead one to believe that many people will take it as "gospel." And that's sad.
    Last edited by Sharon; 01-16-2010 at 06:53 PM. Reason: sp
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pamela_a View Post
    That's funny serrus. I've had similar reactions from liberals who criticize me because I believe in a religion and call me weak and "needing a crutch".
    I will admit freely that a lot of atheists are assholes. Much of the namecalling is petty and hurtful. I agree with this. I affirm the right for anyone to believe as they wish, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. While it's true that atheism has had some legal impact, I, personally, believe that the legal effect that self-called Christians have had on the country is worse. Please note that while 'in God we trust' is still printed on our money, my gay friends still can't be legally married.

These same liberals want to control or regulate everything about my life including which doctor I can see. I watch the news or read a newspaper and experience the same parroting of lies about healthcare
    I think this link might be useful to you. If you currently have insurance, NOTHING WILL CHANGE FOR YOU. Nobody is advocating changing the way insurance currently operates (except perhaps putting a cap on what they charge for premiums). That has never been on the table. Nobody's going to tell you what doctor you can see, unless your insurance already does that.

global warming
    Global warming, which is really global climate change, exists and is really happening. The real question that most people seem to have is whether or not human actions have an affect. I really don't want to get into it here, but a lot of the things that GW proponents advise make good sense even if GW isn't an issue. Like, finding renewable sources of energy and controlling our use of resources. Even if you don't think global warming is real, turning off your lights when you're not using a room will still save you money on your energy bill.

and I even hear the people screaming raceism every time someone does or says something they don't like or agree with.
    I can't say anything about the incidents that you have heard, but what I was talking about was really for-real racism. I mean the n-word, laughing and attributing stereotypes to people on the television (anyone who's poor is 'he's so black', no matter what color their skin is, anyone who's stupid or lecherous is a 'mexican'). Police in this county will actually stop black drivers, for no reason. I wasn't playing any PC-card when I mentioned racism, it really exists here.
    Derek

Serrus, I don't want to have this digress into something that it's not. You believe what you believe and I believe what I believe. We can agree on some things and we must agree to disagree on others. There is no harm in that outcome.

My whole purpose was to point out that, as with nearly everything, there are usually at least 2 sides to everything and the truth somewhere in between. But if someone is demanding their side be heard they had better be prepared to allow the other side the same courtesy. Blanket condemnations and name calling is what most people here complain about when it happens to them. So why is it ok for them to do it to another group with whom they disagree?

Thank you Sharon. I believe the members of forums like this sometimes need to be reminded that, even though we are all here with a common concern, we are all different. We all need to remember that the words we use here are going beyond our usual circle to others who may not see things the same way or agree with what we personally believe. And we also need to remember that words can and do hurt. Even ones spoken by those we like to think of as friends.

Last edited by pamela_a; 01-16-2010 at 07:08 PM.

Yes, please, if you disagree with some group, that's okay, but the peanut gallery jokes only serve to make some of our members here feel bad. This board should be for making transgendered people feel included. We shouldn't be expected to adopt the party line before we join here. Or put up with snide comments about our political or religious views. Either we're an inclusive board or we're not. I mean seriously, just cause we're transgendered, we're expected to be left-wing in our views? That's as close-minded as radical conservatives. I think that if you believe this you oughta check your premises, or read Paulo Friere.
    Last edited by AmandaM; 01-16-2010 at 07:54 PM.

When I first read through the article, I was thinking "OMG, there really are people like this still left in the USA". Then someone here revealed that it's all a parody and I took another look. Yes, it's a huge joke, but I can't imagine spending that much time and energy on bashing *anything*. Too much wasted energy! There are much better things to do with your time!

In any case, I read through several other threads and it starts sounding about the same after a while.

Makes you wonder just how hard can it be to start a church of your own with an online forum and fake snail mail address. Then start collecting the donations! Probably not too hard to do... Might even be legal!
    -Meri

Central Ohio

GypsyKaren
    Will you people either lighten up or go take a nap? Please? This started out as fun about a bunch of ignoramuses and now it's giving me a headache...sheesh!

KS

[SIZE="3"]Terri[/SIZE]
    ------------------------------------------
    [SIZE="2"]"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, The master calls a butterfly!"[/SIZE]

The true measure of a person is in the questions they ask, not the answers they give.

I dunno. Don't quite see the fun. Stormfront is another similar site, the hate on this one was actually worse. I'm of the same opinion as the OP.

this has to be the worst site on the web, I came home and snuggled with my wife because I was taken aback by the hate and narrowsitedness...I am so upset that their are people of this caliber...I knew people were narrowsighted and callous but this is beyond anything I have ever imagined...

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Aw there there

BTW http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landover_Baptist_Church