Thread: Coming out to coworkers!

Coming out to coworkers!

Hey! How can I come out to my manager, and coworkers that I work with that I like to crossdress? I don't want everyone to freak out when I tell them. What is the best way to tell them?

Are you planning on coming out to every coworker? If so, I think maybe you should do it one at a time at a pretty steady pace.
    removed

Are you planning on going to work dressed?
    Are you planning on transitioning?

If your answer to these questions is no, then you should probably not come out to them. Your personal life is none of their business, and if you make it their business, you could also be opening up a whole can of worms when it comes to company relations.

If you are however hell bent on coming out to them, you should first check with your Human Resources department as to the company policies toward the transgendered. That would be my advice.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I think it depends on who you work for. Is it a small or large company? Large companies will have policies in place which should allow you to dress at work.
    You would first want to talk to an HR person to find all this out.
    I would recommend telling your direct supervisor first, if you trust them. Or tell someone else first that you do trust.
    I am in the same boat but I work for a very large company. I am working on coming out slowly but steadily. My secret may have been jeopardized by my store manager because I talked to her Wednesday & didn't tell my pharmacy manager on Wed or Thurs. Too busy & he is a bit psycho.
    I was able to come out first to a female pharmacist I trust a lot. She was really weirded out at first but really nice about it also.

Also, are you specifically wanting to dress at work? Make sure you know why for when people start asking you. Nothing looks sillier than not having good explanations.

You have to stop and ask yourself why you want to com out to your co workers

As others have said, do they really need to know ? . Once you tell them there is no going back no matter what their reaction

I would urge caution before taking any action
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by KandisTX View Post
    Are you planning on going to work dressed?
    Are you planning on transitioning?

If your answer to these questions is no, then you should probably not come out to them.
    Kandis
    I think Kandis has put it perfectly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Coming out to co-workers

Not knowing all the details I recommend 2 things:
    1) Think twice and seriously about telling your employer (telling co-workers is telling your employer, customers, family, future family, future employers)
    2) Have another job ready. For every 1 that you might hear worked out in cd.com there are 10 that did not work out and lead to the employee leaving that job.
    Love,
    Stephanie

At my latest job, I was asked in an interview if it would bother me to work around naked people, gays, lesbians, and transgendered people. My boss, who runs the place is gay,and everybody goes around naked anyway.

I get to have conversations about ice removal and plumbing with people comfortably showing off their gleaming penis jewelry. Crossdressing would not be an issue. Nobody would blink once.

Coming out at work would be no big deal. If I was so inclined, I could even live on premises en femme 24/7 and work dressed every day. Of course, it would ruin my awesome clothes, and I'd need a new wardrobe, and I'd have to get up 2 hours earlier to get looking presentable, so I'll save it for special occasions
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Quote Originally Posted by Wen4cd View Post
    At my latest job, I was asked in an interview if it would bother me to work around naked people, gays, lesbians, and transgendered people. My boss, who runs the place is gay,and everybody goes around naked anyway.

I get to have conversations about ice removal and plumbing with people comfortably showing off their gleaming penis jewelry. Crossdressing would not be an issue. Nobody would blink once.

Coming out at work would be no big deal. If I was so inclined, I could even live on premises en femme 24/7 and work dressed every day. Of course, it would ruin my awesome clothes, and I'd need a new wardrobe, and I'd have to get up 2 hours earlier to get looking presentable, so I'll save it for special occasions

I have to ask what kind of business it is that everyone goes around naked. I think I need a career change. Oh and where is this business located?

^They're called clothing-optional resorts, nudist resorts, or naturist resorts. They're all over the place, and are usually high-class establishments.

They don't pay great, but the energy of general acceptance that hovers around is fun to experience.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile Agree with Kandis on this one.

If you plan on going to work dressed up and going 24/7 consult with HR first and then talk with co-workers one at a time personally. Then go for it, but if your not planning going to work dressed forget the idea, it's none of their business. Kimberly Marie Kelly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

If you are hell bent on coming out then do it slowly. Come out first to people you respect and trust. I have come out to a number of close friends at work and they have all been superb. I have decided that this is as far as I wil go; I was originally going to come out to everyone. Some people though would find it very difficult to handle and it isn't fair on them. That is not their fault. I have told HR with no adverse effects and they are behind me.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/