Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two different responses to a dude wearing makeup

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie145 View Post
    This is exactly why I fear going En Femme in a busy place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v_3gA1HgA8

The fact that they posted it is garbage. I hope it's not any of you, and if it is, I hope you can convince Youtube to take it down.
    A couple of things about that video make it illegal:

1. While you can videotape in a shopping center, the actual businesses do not allow photography of any kind. I'm surprised the person was not kicked out by store security for videotaping. Stores do not allow you take photos or videos. Bring this to the attention of the store management and the videographer will no longer be welcome there.

2. Sexual harrassment. You can tell by the comments he was making that the video was designed to harrass and humiliate.

3. Stalking. Following a person with a camera is a type of stalk.

This video clearly should be flagged.

Space Princess jessikasummerfox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vetobob9 View Post
    Then he claimed right of publicity. That's the name of the right governments have been granting where you have to get permission to publish. Here it took an interesting turn. It turns out that to claim violation of this right, you have to be the primary target of the book. In other words your image has to be on the cover. On the web, your image would have to be on the homepage and the person has to be making money off of it.
    Very interesting, I did not know that. Thanks for the info.
    Jessika!

Quote Originally Posted by sherri52 View Post
    Accept the compliment and ignore the little girls and the day was a success.
    I think this sums up my own feelings quite succinctly.

The first woman was sweet as can be, and put a big smile on my face. As for the girls, hey, I'm 34 years old, so there's probably nothing a pack of tweens can do to make me feel bad. I just thought their obnoxiousness was a pretty stark contrast to the earlier interaction.

So, yes, on the balance, a lovely day.

I bet those girls use the picture as a way to get a boy or two to let them put makeup on them!
    DonnaT

Kudos to you for having the courage and confidence to get a makeover AND continue to shop. Quite encouraging!

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    I bet those girls use the picture as a way to get a boy or two to let them put makeup on them!
    Haha, I hadn't considered that possibility! Next time I'll give 'em a big smile and make sure they get a closeup!