Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Use Deodorant and Don't Have Bad Breathe

i agree it's tough meeting other cd's. i am going to try to attend
    a tri-ess meeting in the spring. i have been invited so i will see what happens.

I have been asked by some of the girls on here that live nearby if I would like to meet up with them and to be honest I would, but for me it is the nerves and other issues.

First, our mental state. Some of us are just getting used to stepping out beyond our private doors. To go out amongest people is scary. I know there is strength in numbers but try telling that to the brain.

Second, our appearance. As long as we know who we are, we are convinced that what we see in the mirror is a guy in women's clothes and makeup. There are number of cder's here who clearly pass yet can't convince themselves that they do.

Third, and this may seem mean. But what if you do summon the courage to go out and meet another gal and lets just say she isn't passing and is drawing attention - to both of you. Again, this may sound mean, but we are trying blend in and what if someone's efforts aren't quite up to the same level. Worse yet, what if I'm the one not at the same level as the person I'm meeting. My worst fear would be to go out with Jillian, Monika or Julie Zenith. These gals all pass with flying colors and then there is me. The last thing I would want to do is draw attention and it spill over to them and people realize that I am a cder so they must also be cders right?

Stepping out to meet someone is my goal, and this is all very personal. In some ways I like that know one other then all of you know about Shelby, but I would love to visit a Tri-ess meeting, I would love to meet some of my Minnesota girls for a drink or shopping. But it still scares the crap out of me at this point.

So be patient and become friends with someone online first. When they are ready, they will tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Banks View Post
    I have yet to meet up with another crossdresser.....I've tried, in both places I live. After contacting each other through e-mails, they say they'd like to meet and then I never hear back from any of them. I know not being into the "bar scene" handicaps me. What gives???? Any suggestions???? I'm still waiting to find someone to tie the back of my unused corset...........
    I think that's just the way the online meeting scene goes. I just talked to a GG friend today that was telling me about her latest online dating experience. Most of the guys she rejects without corresponding with but she found a guy that looked interesting. She talked to him on the phone and a few days later, he emailed asking for her phone number, though he had already called her. After a couple attempts of trying to meet him in person but their schedules not working out and he not calling when he said he would, they were to meet today, with him calling Friday to finalize details. He didn't call until this afternoon. My friend had had enough and told him to forget it, "a gentleman calls when he says he will."

I have no interest in meeting other CDs and live in a small, Isolated community, so the online dating scene for meeting GGs is slim. My friend lives in the San Diego area, so there are plenty of wolves sniffing about there, but still can't meet quality guys. (Though I feel it's because I'm supposed to be the one )

After being online for over 10 years, I have little trust in meeting people who I've known first in cyberspace.