Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So if you're interested in guys, where do you meet them?

So if you're interested in guys, where do you meet them?

The previous thread about dating guys was getting pretty long and was addressing several different topics of sexuality and dating, so I thought I'd start another thread to focus on one specific question........

You gurls that said you had dated guys and liked the whole "being treated like a lady" experience, is exactly what I'm looking for. So tell me how/where you met a man that didn't mind dating a CD!

Hugs, Tracy

I am so happy this thread has started.I'd love to get dressed,go out and maybe meet a guy.I'm just curious,that's all.

I wouldn't mind the answer to that question either!

Obviously you look for places where open minded people go.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Many of the girls here have gone to gay bars and have been hit on so I would say that's a good place to start.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

It depends on the size of the city, but there are usually some clubs that gay oriented. Some in larger cities become specific in advertising their "TG" orientation.

Although I am always clear that my desire is focused specifically upon "passable TG" on any forum, dating site, etc. I always receive lots of replies from "guys", giving it a shot anyway, hehe. Many seem sane and genuine. There are several sites (free, sort of), that cater to dating CD,TS,TG etc.

Of course, you never know if a guy is really "Chester the Molester" in real life, so you have to use common sense and stay safe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

the easiest place to meet a man would be at any truckstop, i go there all the time!

you'ed probably stand a better chance if you went to a gay bar...in drab.

Quote Originally Posted by bridget jones View Post
    I am so happy this thread has started.I'd love to get dressed,go out and maybe meet a guy.I'm just curious,that's all.
    If you go to a gay bar..... people are gonna think, and you know how tired you are of that.. Just messin with ya.
    Last edited by ReineD; 01-23-2010 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Merging 2 consecutive posts.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    The rules are the same for everyone if you are dating. You will not meet other if you are hiding in your rooms.

2 weeks ago I was in San Diego and went out to eat en femme by myself at a local restaurant. I was happy reading my book and enjoying the view, but I was asked to join a group of people. To make a long story short they asked me to join because they were trying to set a guy from their group up with me. My point is I would have never been in that postion had I not been willing to go out on my own.

If you are looking for Mr. Right you never know where you are going to meet him.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I actually met a guy at the grocery while I was dressed.We dated for a year or so.
    He was all gay I was mostly bi so it didn't work out in the long run.
    I have met guys that seem intersted in CD's at book stores quite a bit.I was looking at travel books one day and a guy asked me where I was thinking about going.I said I would love to go to Spain one day and he said he had been there and said it was very nice.
    Then he asked you really look like a woman and present very well but you are male aren't you?I said yes and thank you for being descreet.
    He said would you like to go out sometime?
    I said sure and we have been out several times.A nice guy but still hung on his ex wife.

would love to know

Gold Member
    Craigslist is a reputable website for finding quality relationships.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    I have heard that craigslist is a meet market for hook ups and one night stands. Just what I have heard though and have never had the occassion to use it.. Just be careful.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

I wouldn't call Craigslist a "reputable" place! It can be dangerous!! I would say if you're interested in meeting guys who are into us "special" girls, go to a place that has a reputation for having TG nights on a regular basis.. Thats where the "admirers" will be.. Usually that will be a gay club.. Gay men are not usually into girls like us.. Gay men are looking for other men.. Plain and simple.. I've been complimented many times by gay men but they are just simply not into us if we're presenting as women.. Now on the other hand, alot of TGirl admirers are pretty damn creepy! But there are some who are perfect gentlemen that will treat you like a lady! As always, use your common sense and be careful!!

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar

Internet Dating Sites

I've been a widower for 4 years and I have 3 teens at home.

In guy mode, I look for ladies on several free dating sites:
    PlentyOfFish.com
    OKCupid.com
    DateHookUp.com
    Each works a bit differently bit I notice tgirls on each of them.
    Search functions allow you to find specific words in profiles or forums SO look for words like "transgender", "transsexual", "crossdresser" or "transvestite" to narrow your search. Be sure to check for all combinations: women seeking men, women seeking women, men seeking women, men seeking men since these sites only have binary gender options.

I'm officially looking for an "old fashioned girl", i.e. one born female BUT I do think that a reasonably tall guy (6' 1", 1.86 m) can be the perfect fashion accessory for any tall lady. Once my teens fly the nest, I will open my search to nice ladies regardless of birth gender.

As a guy, I tell about my own crossdressing before a first date.
    Last edited by Elsa Larson; 01-22-2010 at 10:19 AM.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

I moved to New York to get away from having to go to GLBLT bars to meet people.

Most smaller cities just don't have sophisticated night spots. You have three basic choices in Pittsburgh or Cleveland, for example, neighborhood bars where everyone knows everyone and nobody would be seen dead with a TV even if they are interested, clubs full of thirty-something teenagers and music playing at 110 decibels, and a few GLBT bars.

In the city there are plenty of the kinds of bars you would find in Pittsburgh or Cleveland, but if you have a couple of friends to hang with, and it doesn't matter if they are gender girls, trans-girls, gay men or straight men, it's easy to go to regular bars and meet people and be absolutely truthful about one's sexuality. Being New York, the chances of meeting someone who is interested, and might even have some experience with us, is relatively higher than most places, and being New York one usually doesn't get stared at like a five-legged horse even after coming clean.

There are bars in the city which are T-oriented, but they are Meat Markets for the most part, same as any other place. In fact, I would guess that at the famous TG-bars most of the girls are pro's (and some of them are gorgeous) and most of the patrons are tourists.

I wouldn't go out alone, someone posted a thread on that, dressed as a woman, and no gender women I know go out to bars alone either. It's just not what women do unless they are absolutely looking for a pickup.

I was with a good GG friend,going to clubs. She was friends with guys who were into crossdressers/bisexuals ect. It was months before I would trust going out with any of them. As time went on and you get to know these people then a relationship can start from there.
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

I've been picked up on in TG clubs (the worst, imo), at the mall, in bookstores, in straight bars, in mixed (straight or gay or Lesbian) bars.

They've been working class guys, retired businessmen, a director, a policeman, and a lawyer -- how's that for a cross-section?

Guys who would go out with a T-girl are all over the place, but they're probably a small percent of the population.

If you're out and about, and are reasonably presentable, and maybe if you're in a bigger city, it's probably inevitable.

I'm not into the bar scene, most of the guys I've met have been from Craigslist, a catchy personal with a picture in the T4M Miscellaneous Romance will get a lot of responses...you have to be super careful to weed out the sickos, and if you do land a live one, choose a meeting place where you'll be safe. Honestly, there's so much risk of possible physical harm, let alone STDs, that I haven't done Craigslist in a while.

I've never been on the army but I get very lucky with the military personnel

I do believe this was delivered with just a hint of sarcasm,in her usual delightful manner, eh, Nicole?
    Meeting guys will happen, if you're out there.I've had some fun lately on Hot or Not, way more than I would have believed! Guys from all walks of life have contacted me, and they understand what's behind door #2! There are some who didn't read the profile, but are still chatting after I broke the news to them.If you want to play the game, you have to get in!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

I usually meet men online from various forums. I approach dating as first get to know them by writing, then phone followed by meeting say at Starbucks and if things go well perhaps to a bar or dinner. I have found several bars and places to eat that are trans-gender friendly. I would avoid Craig's List, I have tried using this and found most men are only interested in one night stands, several were married and I am not into that. Also there are some real crazy people on Craig's List so my suggestion is to not is CL.
    SRS January 27

Well this is one area I know a bit about!

Anyway forget the net. Adultfriend Finder, yahoo chat, Craigslist, etc. I honestly in all the time I chased men only met one or two from the net. 90% of the guys are fakes or just having a fantasy. They will not followup. Of course factor in serial killers, rapists and the scum of society that will be there on the net too.

The GLBT bars, very spotty, these places seem to draw the standard creepy admirer types. Not much personality and usually have a wierd vibe. But I have met a handful of guys. Its much safer to meet a guy at the club too with your girlfriends there around you if the guy gets creepy.

The best place I have found where I have met really handsome nice guys? Theme parties at straight bars! Skin Too, Twinkledome or any fetish/bondage gathering. You get a mix of people who are open minded. Anyway at those events I can remember three really nice guys I met. One of which actually ended up dating me and taking me on real dates. If you are a wild child like me at the theme parties you will meet M/F couples too, let me tell ya its a hoot to hangout with a couple.

craigslist are full of horny men looking for one night stands for sure. I'm more interested in dating other crossdressers, which has almost happened. Biggest problem with other crossdressers is they are usually married, and it's hard to find time.

Executive Transvestite KimberlyJo's Avatar
    ahahahahahaaaaaaaa....heeeeeeeeh.....hahahahahaaaa *gasp* haha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Izzard
    Hello, we're MURDERERS! .... Twix pls
    [SIZE="3"]Viva la Revolucion!![/SIZE]

If you can't be honest with your SELF
    Then you can't really live YOUR life.

Man ---- ME ---- WOMAN