Thread: how many pounds = a dress size

how many pounds = a dress size

I am down from 211 to 200 and still a size 20. I am 5’7” ¾.
    I need a goal to get to a size 16. Any help finding out how many pounds equel a dress size would be appreciated.

StephanieCD
    I imagine it's different for everyone - where you keep your pounds would affect it quite a bit, ya know?

Doesn't work like that I'm afraid. You could be all muscle which weighs more or all fat which weighs much less.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

It's not as simple as weight = size. In my case, I went from 203 to 183 pounds (6' 0"). I did go from a size 20 to an 18 in the chest, and from 14 to a 12 in the waist. But, if I lost any more weight, my dress size wouldn't go anywhere. It's now has more to do with bone stucture than with weight loss.

My hips and shoulders aren't going to get any smaller no matter what I do. I may be able squeeze out another size in the waist if I try hard enough, which would leave me with 18/10... hardly an hourglass figure. Now in order for me to get a feminine figure, I need to pad out the bottom back to match the top.

(damn GG's and thier tiny size 0 bod's... gimmee! :mad: )
    Last edited by Sigrid; 08-05-2005 at 07:24 PM.

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

Stephanie is right. So is Tamara. It depends on alot of things. I am 175 lbs, 5' 9", but can easily still fit into a 12, sometimes even a 10 with skirts, because of my frame. I would love to get rid of some belly fat(would I!) but I'm not "big boned", whatever that really means, but I guess that makes a difference. (Maybe husky is a better term) Unfortunately, if you lose or gain weight, I have found that the only way to know for sure is to try stuff on as your body changes.

Hugs,

Melissa

Re: How many pounds = dress size?

Based on your height (5' & 7.75" or 1.72meters) and using my own dimensions/weight/build as a reference... I'd say that if you are dilligent at regular calorie burning...you could fit a size 14 rough fit. A corset (or something to physically restrain waist dimensions) at that point would enhance things further if your shape is typical.

J.

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    You could use the size-measurement tables to figure out how many inches you'd need to lose to fit into a size 16.

However, as others have mentioned, it's not quite that simple, since our bodies are built differently. Shoulders can be problematic. I'm 5'10" and 220 pounds and I normally wear a 16/18 top and 14/16 bottom, but need to go up to a 20 for jackets, since the fabric usually isn't stretchy.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by liz lesbow
    I am down from 211 to 200 and still a size 20. I am 5’7” ¾.
    I need a goal to get to a size 16. Any help finding out how many pounds equel a dress size would be appreciated.
    See this thread for my dress size at different weights -- http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...0&page=1&pp=25

You're only 4" taller than me, and I guess you can go to a size 8 US if you get slim.

I'm 5' 3.5" 142 lbs size 6 or 8, can fit some 4's. I once was a size 16 US.

Maybe I'l post a thread in the future titled - "How I went from size 16 to 6!" Will tell all about how I lost weight and it will show some pics of me in my tightest smallest dress size outfits. I can fit very few size 2's, some size 4's, most size 6's are a good fit, and size 8's are comfy!
    Last edited by Jesse69; 08-05-2005 at 11:20 PM.

Weight

I am 5'7" worked the whole year in the gym. Went down from 182 pounds to now 163. My objective is to be at 154, but is getting really though. I make a good #10. Its very hard to get the last pounds out!!

25#'s = 4 dress sizes ??

Well it sounds like I might be able to get to a size 14 at 5’7” ¾ and about 175. ( average to small bone ) Does that sound right?? My wife says I look great as a 62 yr old pregnant model. Of course she is always quick to compliment my figure. It seems to me that nothing looks really good till you get to a 16 or smaller. All of the dresses start looking exciting in the smaller sizes. So I am trying to set a goal for a 14 but do not know how much to drop off.

girlie guy
    That is tough!
    The only way to know is to try on some different sizes.
    And there's no such thing as "standard" sizes, either.
    It depends on the style and the maker.
    And if your big bones are covered with big meat, it can tip the scale way off!

-TILT-

Platinum Member
    all i can say is sometimes just gaining a few pounds in the "right placea" can move you up the next size. down to a size 9 now and a size 8 is killing me to get to.....from 195/ 200 pounds this year to 157 pounds now size 16 to size 9......it an't easy to lose in the right places to fit the next size smaller but way too easy to gain it so you fit in the next size larger.........

Wendy what size were you at 200#

Femininity on Tap! spaskinstyle's Avatar

Hello Sweetie:

Let me see if I can offer some guidance here. The most effective way to establish your size is by your measurements. No matter how much you weigh, the shape of your body and your measurements will determine your sizing.

A woman of 200 lbs at 5'9 and a woman of 200 lbs at 5'6 will not wear the same size. It would be quite possible for the woman of 5'9 to wear a smaller size.

You need to start measuring yourself and charting those measurements as you continue to lose weight. Concentrate on your shoulders, your chest (just under your breasts), your chest (at fullest position for cup size), your female waist (at belly button) and your hips.

The most effective measurements will be your chest, your waist and your hips. In womans sizes in America, we can sometimes see 2 inches per size - in other brands (usually the more expensive ones) you will see a difference of 1 inch per size.

Once you have your measurements - the amount that you weigh becomes immaterial. Toning and slimming based on your size vs. your weight will prove to be more effective as you choose clothing.

Good Luck,

Theresa