Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Use Deodorant and Don't Have Bad Breathe

I Use Deodorant and Don't Have Bad Breathe

I have yet to meet up with another crossdresser.....I've tried, in both places I live. After contacting each other through e-mails, they say they'd like to meet and then I never hear back from any of them. I know not being into the "bar scene" handicaps me. What gives???? Any suggestions???? I'm still waiting to find someone to tie the back of my unused corset...........

Welcome to the real world Hon. As much as they like to talk about it many of these gals are squeamish wall flowers. As the old saying goes:'Faint heart never won fair maiden" or in this case: "Faint heart never made new friends." The only real way to make friends is to get out there and mingle.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I've met a few local girls to dress up and a few to have lunch with.... But I've been stood up too... I think a lot of people talk the talk but don't want to walk the walk! Lol. Or they chicken out.. Any way you go... missing an appointment is just rude...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I agree Karren! And Denise if there's no one out there to mingle with, how can you mingle???

Gold Member
    It can be hard.

I think a lot of TG make plans to meet knowing quite well it isn't gonna actually happen. I have been guilty of it Not cause I am nervous but usually I am too lazy to get dressed up.

Just the best thing maybe find out if there are any TG groups in your area.

See thing is - it is cool to meet other TG's but then you find out they don't have that much more in common so you get bored.

With TG gatherings though, some are kind of an "all welcome" thing where you feel like you are part of the group. The group I visit now and then is like that - welcoming, fun, kicked back
    But some groups are cliquish, and you might feel like an outsider. I did have that experience with some different group around here. I went one time and pretty much felt like an outsider. No one really talked to me except the creepy tranny chaser that runs the thing. Those B's can kiss my butt.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Banks View Post
    I agree Karren! And Denise if there's no one out there to mingle with, how can you mingle???
    I was mostly talking to those who stood you up Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Actually Dana Flemming stood me up in Evansville Ind.... Some lame excuse that Huricane Katrina was coming our way!! Hahaha. But I forgive her!!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    See thing is - it is cool to meet other TG's but then you find out they don't have that much more in common so you get bored.

With TG gatherings though, some are kind of an "all welcome" thing where you feel like you are part of the group. The group I visit now and then is like that - welcoming, fun, kicked back
    But some groups are cliquish, and you might feel like an outsider. I did have that experience with some different group around here. I went one time and pretty much felt like an outsider. No one really talked to me except the creepy tranny chaser that runs the thing. Those B's can kiss my butt.
    this was actually my big issue with the T*Party here in columbus hosted by urnotalone. It was cool to be out for the first time but eventually I got bored because I was much younger than everyone else and didn't have much in common with them except being dressed up. And even when I'd try to make some common ground I couldn't break into any conversations cause it was so cliquey. The only people who really talked to me were two girls also out for the first time.

I've been to two of them and left bored both times. Had much more fun going out with gg friends.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Can you find a crossdresser support group in your area?

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Sandy, what, exactly are you looking for? You say that you would like someone to "tie you into your corset." That's kind of an intimate activity, and if that's how you describe your encounters, that may be a reason. Just my opinion.

Kathi

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Sandy, what, exactly are you looking for? You say that you would like someone to "tie you into your corset." That's kind of an intimate activity, and if that's how you describe your encounters, that may be a reason. Just my opinion.

Kathi
    You could be right Kathi. On the other hand that lead-in might attract as many as it would scare off. It could be worse.

Try finding friends with similar interests beyond cross dressing when you don't do the bars and for reasons beyond your control (pick any number of reasons here;family,job,etc.)you have to remain closeted.

Then add to the mix you're honest about your age and your experience in public, and the friend pool shrinks dramatically.

Hang in there Sandy, I feel your pain.

Not the one on TV!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post

Kathi
    I agree......You might want to start with a local TG group in your area......

Next time you are in Indiana let me know and I can assure you that you will not be "Stood up".

Congratulations!! I guess. And I just took my monthly shower. Well, "shower" is what I call it - I just roll around in the leaves in the yard for an hour or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    Welcome to the real world Hon. As much as they like to talk about it many of these gals are squeamish wall flowers. As the old saying goes:'Faint heart never won fair maiden" or in this case: "Faint heart never made new friends." The only real way to make friends is to get out there and mingle.
    Yes I've been to Squeamish, it's a great town. Lotta wall flowers there. The town of Mingle, however......not so many wall flowers.

PS. Who puts flowers on walls, anyhow???
    Last edited by ReineD; 01-20-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Merging 2 consecutive posts. Please use the EDIT and MULTI-QUOTE buttons to modify your posts.
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

North coast? Where is that? Scroll down a few inches Sandy. See where it says "Meeting Place" ? Drop by often and you will spot others from your state. And sometimes from your exact city. Enjoy

Don't Give Up

Hi Sandy
    Don't give up. We have all been stood up for various reasons. Find girls and groups that that are what you want. First decide if you want an intimate friend or just a girl friend to share being a girl with. Then go for it.
    holly

Check for the local tri-ess meetings. They usually meet once a month and go out to eat, shop, or for coffee after the meets
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Quote Originally Posted by sherri52 View Post
    Check for the local tri-ess meetings. They usually meet once a month and go out to eat, shop, or for coffee after the meets
    They probably wouldn't be into doing each others corsets... Wink wink!

.......My Photos

Gold Member
    Sandy I am guessing you are early 30's? Probably about mine and JiveTurkey's age?

That is one thing I forgot - often the girls that go to TG groups are older.
    It is not a problem except anyone of any group relates best with their own peers.

If you did check out some of the GLBT clubs it would probably be a better bet for meeting girls our age. Only problem with the younger girl, I will say 30 and younger, is they don't usually have their heads on straight just yet.

When I was like 24 and trying to meet others like me, I certainly was able at the clubs but they kind of scared me.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Banks View Post

are there any support groups in your area? also i just got involved with meetup.com....all sorts of activities. i was looking for riders.[motorcycle] found several groups....there were also Transgendered , or Cd...etc. just hit the search with your Zip code...

might help

hugs

msniki48

Use Deodorant and Don't Have Bad Breathe

every thing you say is true, I have only met 5 in ten years,

I've looked into the support groups in my area and they all seem to be older couples and I go it alone too much already........

The world can be a lonely place, and people can be rude and inconsiderate about meeting. Keep trying.
    warmly, Linnea

Sandy, Perhaps a good place to find other TGs would be a local Tri Ess chapter, that is if you have one close to where you live. Another possibility would be through the LGBT community. There might be a local website for both in your area so give it a try. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Good luck girl, here's hoping you find a good TG friend.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Where are you located? I'll meet with you. Talk to me on aim or yahoo if you have it let me know and I'll send you my screen names so we can talk more.