Thread: Busted

Red face Busted

[SIZE="2"]It was bound to happen I guess. I was at the super market with my absolutely very favorite person in the world and my best friend and her man. As an effort to satisfy a desire to dress a little I was wearing a pair of red panties and a tan pair of "stay up" thigh highs.

She dropped some coins, he bent over to pick them up and I lift my foot to get out of his way. you guessed it, down came the stockings one and then the other leaving the pretty lace around my shoes and him laughing.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]HIGH HEELS AND SHORT SKIRTS[/SIZE] : :shh:

I've wondered why they call them 'stay ups'? Just trying to keep the legs warm, eh? So, what was the rest of the story? Really, it's impolite to laugh at the misfortunes of others. Unless, of course, it's really funny.
    Pantyhose don't drop like that, that's why I like them.

Hugs, Terri

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi Veronica-

Oh no, how embarassing. It sounds like you're taking it with good humor though. Honestly, like Terri said, I don't know why they call them stay-ups because most of the time they don't.

FWIW, I was out shopping with a friend of mine once, she was wearing a full skirt and a halfslip when the slip started to, well, slip. In fact it slipped all the way off, she just stepped out of it and kept walking like nothing had happened, totally unfazed. I on the other hand laughed until I nearly wet myself.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Mine never dropped all the way but one morning I was walking into the office from the parking lot with the CEO and I could feel one leg let loose and start creeping down.. Lucky we got in and parted ways before they hit my shoes. Now I only wear the generic brand from Walgreens.. They never let loose.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Wink

[SIZE="3"]I actually had a plan but did not follow through. My plan was to wear the stockings all morning while driving around doing my errands, then knowing how undependable they are, I would simply remove them down my pant leg and dispose of them prior to meeting up with my best friend, Carol.

I said later "oh they will be fine". Although it has never been discussed, the subject of me cross dressing has been been hinted at, joked about and all between Carol and myself and I am almost positive she knows. She is not comfortable with that subject but will talk to me about make up and clothes to no end.

And frankly I don't really care what her guy thinks as long as it doesn't create problems for her.

I did actually feel them start to slide down walking from the car to the market but all I could do at that point was hope for the best. I find it funny that he would not have been bent over and looking down any other time.

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]HIGH HEELS AND SHORT SKIRTS[/SIZE] : :shh:

You'll have to start wearing pantyhose mow or always worry that you'll be caught again
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Now if you had been wearing a garter belt to help hold up your stay ups, this would not have happened!!!!

Hold ups, just don't. I always wear a suspender belt with them just to be on the safe side. As for pantyhose or tights, no way, never. How unfeminine can you get.

Andrea

how unfortunate , like the others i often wonder f they actually should be called ankle warmers instead ,

i have long legs and that is not a good thing to have but i have managed to find one brand long enough that have only fallen down once, and yes youve guess it , while i was undersdressing at work . luckily i was able to make it to the rest room and re adjust them ,

so i doo feel for you as i know what a panic it can put you in , but be cool about it and look at the bright side, sometimes it takes a mistake to get things in the open ,

Silver Member

good news

At least the red panties stayed up.

thigh highs are famous for letting down. . . at an appropriate time or not.
    Going out with 'drab' friends like that, you need to be sure your underdressing is secure. The thigh highs were a risky choice, whether you realized it or not. Next time go with pantyhose or skip the nylons all together.
    The older I get, the more real I feel. And what I feel is not all that I am. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please visit me on Facebook - Dina Walker http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003166749185

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea62 View Post
    Hold ups, just don't. I always wear a suspender belt with them just to be on the safe side. As for pantyhose or tights, no way, never. How unfeminine can you get.

Andrea

Ditto that

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar

The gravity of it all

Quote Originally Posted by cdinmd206 View Post
    Now if you had been wearing a garter belt to help hold up your stay ups, this would not have happened!!!!
    My thoughts exactly, Danielle. My closest encounter so far was a pair of socks I was wearing over my nylons (under dressing at work) was rather flimsy at the top and had raveled down to the ankle. When I lifted my leg up onto a little cross bar on the chair my black nylon was clearly visable. I was sitting with other employees at the time. I stood, let the leg fall down and walked out. I don't know who saw what but I didn't look back and no one laughed or snickered.
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

I haven't had them fall all the way down, but I have felt that ominous feeling that they are making an escape!
    warmly, Linnea