Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The feeling of pierced ears

Trans Adventurer supreme RobertaM's Avatar

The feeling of pierced ears

Well i finally did it, i pierced by ears. Have been wearing studs at night to keep them from closing in.
    did it myself with a sharp hoop type,,

OMG I luvvvvv it. the feeling of large hoops that dont fall off. Delicious. It really feels sooo femme.

Now i have to stop at all the earring racks all the time now..

lol , the wife goes did you peirce your ears,, Yep i say,, Humfff she says,, lol. I dont wear earrings guy mode yet, One guy at work said , did yo pierce your ears,, yes said, no big deal.

hugs all, Roberta
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Vancouver Home 2010 olympics!

Pierced ears--yahoo! I love them!
    warmly, Linnea

Smile

got to love them perced ears,

only problem I have is I must remember to remove the dangles and install the studs before going to work/out.

You b#*^@ !!!

...ya know I'm kidding. Congratulations, you'll have to share the story of how you keep the holes from closing in on you during the daytime, if it works out for you in the long run. I'd love to take the same step!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Pierced ears

I'm soooo jealous. Some girls have all the fun. Congrats. You look great. And what courage.Wow.

Gold Member
    You will be buying earrings for a while now. One of those addictions we sometimes get. Congrats!

That's great. You have just opened the door to a very large selection of earings that clip ons won't give you.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    You b#*^@ !!!

...ya know I'm kidding. Congratulations, you'll have to share the story of how you keep the holes from closing in on you during the daytime, if it works out for you in the long run. I'd love to take the same step!!!
    as for keeping the holes open, just buy a set of small diamond studs.

most nobody will notice. if one does just say yea. then say (in a gay fairy tone) jelass.

they will not ever say any more.

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loni View Post
    as for keeping the holes open, just buy a set of small diamond studs.

most nobody will notice. if one does just say yea. then say (in a gay fairy tone) jelass.

they will not ever say any more.
    Does anyone know of some "training" studs that would be flesh colored so they could be worn at work during the day, too?
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

I did mine over two years ago and got some of the same reaction. I wear hoops virtually everyday now. I am transitioning but before I wore studs everyday. It does feel good.

Teri

I have to say in today's world, regular guys have one or both ears pierced and it's an everyday occurance. It's spanned classes and ages. I'm recently in Philly, after ten years in Portland, Oregon.
    In Portland, anything goes... but I can say here in "hard fisted, tough guy" Philadelphia, ear piercing is just no big deal.
    Again, young and old guys, preppies to Granddads are showing up with pierced ears... multiples in one ear, and often studs in both ears.
    I suspect there will be some attention to left vs right if you show up with only one pierced but with both done, nobody bothers.

You're in Vancouver, BC? By reputation, it's a very hip town. I wouldn't sweat it a bit.
    The older I get, the more real I feel. And what I feel is not all that I am. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please visit me on Facebook - Dina Walker http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003166749185

Mine are both pierced twice! LOve the double hoops!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeycd View Post
    Does anyone know of some "training" studs that would be flesh colored so they could be worn at work during the day, too?
    I've never tried it but have seen it posted several times that clear plastic line ie; whipper snipper etc about 16 ga and touch 1 end on something hot so that it makes a small flat head works.I just went ahead and had mine pierced and left them in for 4 weeks.Nobody said much.I can say this for sure you will never regret doing it
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

I had both my ears pierced more than ten years ago, left the studs in for several weeks. then wore studs on and off for several years. They have never closed up and I can still wear hoops on occasion.

Just got my second set of holes today no one ever said anything negative about the first set.

I pierce my ears about 15 years, i wear hoops earrings only in the night and after 2 months is healed. The hoops earrings pulling is fantastic.

Smile

I've had my ears pierced about 13 years ago and never regretted it! I love wearing earrings whether in male or female mode. I own about 40-50 pairs of earrings now. I love wearing dangly ones, like chandelier earrings, "shoulder sweepers", and also big hoop earrings (something I picked up from my mother); they give a really femme feeling, especially when the move or make a little bit of noise when i turn my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeycd View Post
    In general, I suspect that if you aren't ready to "own" your pierced ears, then you are probably not ready to pierce them, but that's a personal opinion.

When the holes are first pierced, you can't switch earrings. You have to wait a few weeks until they heal.

It is probably possible to do the clear plastic line kinda thing that Michelle mentioned, although you would have to do the initial piercing with it and then leave it in.

When mine were first pierced, many years ago, I had to attend a few important client meetings. Piercing wasn't a well accepted guy thing in those days, especially in the business world, so I covered the studs with small tabs of plastic bandages that wrapped around the bottom of my earlobes.

If anyone asked (and a couple of people did), I said I'd had some cysts removed.

Do you remember the movie "Young Frankenstein"? At one point, Igor's hump moves from one side of his back to the other.

So since a lot of guys now have one pierced ear, here's a suggestion. Get one ear pierced, leave the stud in for the required few weeks, when it is healed, remove it, pierce the other ear and just look amazed/amused if anyone says, "I thought it was your other ear that was pierced."
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    In general, I suspect that if you aren't ready to "own" your pierced ears, then you are probably not ready to pierce them, but that's a personal opinion.
    I agree with this. If you are worried about ways to hide the piercings from certain people and are too timid to go into a jewelers to get it done right, you probably aren't ready to have it done yet (I feel the same way about leg shaving).

I was worried about reactions, but finally got to the point where my desire to get it done outweighed any worry about a negative response. As almost everybody else on this site has noted, the reaction was near zero.

When I was finally ready (about ten years ago), I put on a skirt suit, walked into a jewelers and had it done. Of course, it was on halloween so the skirt suit was easy to 'get away with', but I've never had even a moment of regret about doing it.

On the very few times my piercings have even been mentioned (I can count the total on the fingers of one hand) I'd respond casually in a 'no big deal' way and that is just the way things were taken. The conversation would then go on to some other subject.

If you feel like they are something to hide, that is certainly going to come across in your reaction to any questions you do eventually get. The best defense is a REAL "so what?" casual attitude about it yourself.

BTW: You did yours yourself?? Ouch
    Mine were done in a store and only 'pinched' for a split second.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Platinum Member
    I haven't had the guts to pierce mine - afraid I'd get to much grief from my sons. But since remarrying (with a CD friendly woman) she's been teasing me about getting them done. So, recently I decided to surprise her - sort of. I ordered magnetic posts - we'll see if she notices!

I hope you sterilised your piercer (boiling water for 30 seconds, isopropyl ethanol) or you may regret this in a few days.

If you didn't...

Keep them clean. I mean spotless.
    You need to be using detol or human friendly disinfectant.
    Sterile gauze and saline from your local pharmacy would be my option though, and cleaning will hurt if youre doing it right.
    Samantha -x-

I got mine done back in the end of December, and I have small studs in all the time, I think a total of two people even mentioned it, and they were indifferent. Its not a big deal these days for men to have both pierced.

And as was said make sure you keep em clean!

Blossoming
    There won't be a safe earring rack anywhere now! Congrats!

I've had mine pierced for a long time now and luv it!

Quote Originally Posted by smileinsecret View Post
    I hope you sterilised your piercer (boiling water for 30 seconds, isopropyl ethanol) or you may regret this in a few days.

If you didn't...

Keep them clean. I mean spotless.
    You need to be using detol or human friendly disinfectant.
    Sterile gauze and saline from your local pharmacy would be my option though, and cleaning will hurt if youre doing it right.
    These aren't accepted methods of sterilisation in hospitals, which is what is required. One is in an autoclave (live steam under pressure at 135C to 140C boiling point or so) for half an hour. A 15 psi pressure cooker is insufficient. Rubbing alcohol is a powerful sterilant, but it doesn't kill everything. Nor does chlorine.

A lot of piercing guns melt when autoclaved.

I had my ears pierced 23 years ago, at a Merle Norman store, when George Michaels was popular. Have worn small hoops every day since. I like to sometimes wear heavier hoops so you feel them pull when you move your head. I have never regretted my decision. And of course it comes in handy when you're dressed.
    TTFN, Barb
    At some point your life will flash before your eyes......MAKE SURE IT'S WORTH WATCHING !!