Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much does a purge cost?

AKA Elizabeth, Latin Girl
    If I was to replace all the stuff I have, it would be thousands. It will cause a lot. That's why I never purged!!

The me I want to be ... Elaine Marlowe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen__Starr View Post
    I have never purged in the conventional way most do but instead have taken my female items and boxed them up. My logic came from reading about many trans-people purging and then relapsing later on wishing they had not gotten rid of everything. If not for reading about others I would have purged and regretted it.
    My 'story' is similar to Karen's - I guess I just knew from other's tales of woe that it would be a waste. (Besides it was not only a lot of $$$ but the time and effort - some of it trial and error - that had gone into finding and acquiring things that I liked). So I just couldn't throw anything out - I just boxed it all up until the urge to purge had passed. What I really regret is purging photos - I would be interested to hear if anyone has done this too? - hundreds if not thousands of pics ... some, ok maybe only a few *lol*! that I thought were actually quite good. Now they are all gonzo ... and that is something that I feel bad about.
    I'd be safe and warm if I was in L.A.

Hopefully I will never purge again.

I do have to work on clearing out all my guy clothes & other crap as I am moving soon though.

I'm sure I have purged well over $1K over the years.

The cost: a little bit of my heart each time.

There were a few items I definitely miss the most. Specifically the black 11W knee high boots that fit perfectly. And they were from Wal-Mart and on sale! I don't know if I will ever find ones I like as much as those. But I will keep looking!!

purge

The worst thing about purging is not being able to find or replace what you lost. I had this awesoome pair of red lace up panties from la senza. I loved them soo much and do you think I can find them again? I have looked everywhere.
    Nikki

Banned Read only
    The last time I purged, it was a very controlled purge. My stash was starting to take up a lot of room in my closet, and my wife still doesn't know. Fearing discovery, I tossed only what I knew I wouldn't really wear any more, and cut the size of my stash in half. I feel a bit more secure in my ability to properly hide it, now.

Before that, though, I've purged many times. So damn expensive, I really don't want to think about how many dollars I've wasted.... especially hate thinking about the amazing bustier I used to have that isn't made any more. It felt so damn good wearing it, too....

Victoria secret stock holder

I have never purge to the trash, but have donated them to GG that i belive would nice in them.
    And self satisfying to see them wear them and remember who gave them to wear.
    Size 6
    Love Nadeen

The worse loss was a human hair wig, and a few photos--mainly me--wearing the wig after a makeover and style at a generic glamour shots-type shop. I was young then.

a new house

over the years purging and the cost to replace stuff over and over from age 8 to age 48 i could be living in a $250.000 all paid off
    man what i waste of good money
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

A very large amount

My ex-wife did my only and final purge for me. I am still replacing everything. The shoes alone were over $2,000.00. Then they was the make up, all from Sephoria, that I am sure was over $1,000.00 as well. I really don't know how much, but I do know no one will ever pitch my stuff again.

If I purged everything I owned now it'd cost $20,000+. It would tear me apart too!

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    If I purged everything I owned now it'd cost $20,000+. It would tear me apart too!
    Amen to that! I got something else to put $20,000.00 towards

By the way how is the winter up yonder?

HMMMMMM...
    just coming off my first purge. I was totally down on myself.... but my therapist said that when you need niki...she will be there....sooo i just put the clothes away. Joining this group has helped me greatly.... i have just put them back in the closet...to wear again.

one problem:

i 've gained weight!!!, and women's clothes are NOT forgiving in the least!...

So ive got some work to do... or i need some money to spend!...lol

hugs

msniki

Silver Member
    Never being able to replace that favorite item.

I've only purged one outfit because I didn't know where to store it while in the military.

Had some clothes stollen one time during a trip. That really made me mad, because they got a couple of my favorite things.

Hmmm, maybe I'll just give my wife back all the clothes that I've moved from her closet to mine if I get the urge to purge. The skirts and underwear will be the problem though as mine are much more glamorous than hers.

Maybe the solution to purging is to get on this site immediately a have a bit of sense banged into you

Purgeing in the early years wasn't so bad,(four times). As for now days I just couldn't think of how much it would cost. An the vintage angle, I love some clothes that they just don't make any more an the styles I enjoy are treends that well in actual fact havent come back. These days I have come to the realization that I'm a crossdresser and always will be, its better than purging. My head spins with the thought of trying to replace my wardrobe nowdays. Its gotten way out of control since accepting and embracing my feminity, but whats a girl got to do,( I feel a shopping trip coming on)

Quote Originally Posted by msniki48 View Post
    HMMMMMM...
    just coming off my first purge. I was totally down on myself.... but my therapist said that when you need niki...she will be there....sooo i just put the clothes away. Joining this group has helped me greatly.... i have just put them back in the closet...to wear again.

one problem:

i 've gained weight!!!, and women's clothes are NOT forgiving in the least!...

So ive got some work to do... or i need some money to spend!...lol

hugs

msniki
    Hi Niki,
    Do some work! It's cheaper and you'll feel better, not to mention the smile that will come to your face when you in the mirror.

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]