Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much does a purge cost?

Banned Read only

How much does a purge cost?

I just received my Amex bill - replacing what I got rid of a year ago has cost $3500 (and counting). Never again!!

Bout the same 4 MsA !!!
    Last edited by az_azeel; 01-25-2010 at 04:00 PM. Reason: no need to quote the first post
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Long time ago, my few purges were very small... Today it would be a fortune plus some.. Just in makeup and hair alone! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My purges were all by my first wife. Fairly cheap to replace since there wasn't that much to replace. If I did it today I would have to hit the lottery to replace it all.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Arg!

I know what you mean! I'm in the process of replacing stuff from my last (and I do mean LAST!) purge, and it's going to cost a mint! In fact I'm having to go slow because I just can't afford to do it all at once! It's going to take forever!

NEVER PURGE!
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

I have purged several times and it was several thousand dollars. My main gripe is that some of the things that I got rid of can not be replaced and I miss them.

Banned Read only
    As consolation, at least I know just what to buy! My collection is smaller but more focused. I am buying things I will actually wear!

Quote Originally Posted by ReneeT View Post
    As consolation, at least I know just what to buy! My collection is smaller but more focused. I am buying things I will actually wear!

I'm with Renee, purged twice since I became single and got serious with my crossdressing. Now I buy what I intend to wear out, (no pun intended!) And try to co-ordinate my wardrobe to have more versatility. Although I have this addiction for heels and skirtsuits! LOL!!
    Renee K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

Gold Member
    I have never formally purged, but have gone thru a lot of piece by piece wardrobe replacements.

If I purged today, probably about $600 worth, however, some stuff I buy new, some from the thrift.

I keep only what I need.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I consider purging about 9 years ago when I caught by a neighbor and 11 years ago when I was pull over by the police in my scared years. In both occasions I purged the outfits I wore and I miss those outfits!

If I was to purge and re buy for myself it would be about $5k because I would buy things that I would need and wear this time so if I get the urge I think a storage center would be cheaper in the long run since most purges last for about 90days and no longer than a year.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Renee, hon, I am so glad for you that you have had your last purge and will purge no more forever from this day forth. Can I get an amen? And now, because we share an interest in high heels and ballet boots, I am going to offer you some help. If you should ever, ever, Goddess forbid, once again have the urge to purge, why you can just send your clothes, shoes, makeup, wigs, etc, etc to little old me and I will keep them safe and sound for you and shower them with TLC. Then when you want them back again, I will send them home all freshly laundered or drycleaned, unstained, de-spotted, DNA free and fresh as little daisies.

No need to thank me, I'm happy to offer.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Aspiring To Become Woman Michelle-Leigh's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]No purging for me ! What a terrible waste of irreplacable clothes and money..... I never threw out anything that wasn't worn out !![/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    "We are now operating at a femininity level of 98% and rising...."
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ouch. This hits a little close since I purged everything a few months back. Nothing is left. I'm sad. It wasn't even one of those emotional purges where I freak out and throw everything away in an irrational attempt to hide my 'hobby.' I actually *rationalized* it, thought it through and convinced myself I didn't need these things anymore.

Just by looking at some stuff online, I'm sure I'm looking at AT LEAST $1k in stuff. If I factor in the stuff I want now in addition to the stuff I need to replace--well my credit is in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by ReneeT View Post
    That's got to be the only upside.

I swear if hubby ever purged, I'd have a fit! I can see myself going through the trash 'cause there are definitely things that I know he loves and would want back when he came to his senses - plus there are a few things I'd want for myself. Shhhh!
    [SIZE=3]SouthernBelle
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]“Some things are strange to me, and some things are odd.
    But I don't condemn. If you can accept me, I can accept you.” ~Dolly Parton
    [/SIZE]

My Rule ;

1) If I have never thought of wearing it........ gone

2) If it doesnt work with anything .......gone

3) If it is a replica of something else and you dont wear it ...gone

4) Uncomfortable including shoes ....gone

As for purging ....Well kicked out the girlfriend eight months ago more space now in the closets and in my head.....That is purging!
    George Zimmerman says "youll like the way you look" and he is right I do!

looking for friends Chrissy be good's Avatar
    Can't even imagine how much I've gotten rid of over the years......such a bumout

I have never purged in the conventional way most do but instead have taken my female items and boxed them up. My logic came from reading about many trans-people purging and then relapsing later on wishing they had not gotten rid of everything. If not for reading about others I would have purged and regretted it.
    SRS January 27

Purging costs nothing, it is the restocking fees that send the pocketbook scampering for a dark corner.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle.GG View Post
    That's got to be the only upside.

I swear if hubby ever purged, I'd have a fit! I can see myself going through the trash 'cause there are definitely things that I know he loves and would want back when he came to his senses - plus there are a few things I'd want for myself. Shhhh!
    I am just surprised those items you like didn't mysteriously move themselves already....

Quote Originally Posted by Brina Halloween View Post
    I am just surprised those items you like didn't mysteriously move themselves already....
    Well, ummm. errrr, hmmm...
    [SIZE=3]SouthernBelle
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]“Some things are strange to me, and some things are odd.
    But I don't condemn. If you can accept me, I can accept you.” ~Dolly Parton
    [/SIZE]

I find that since coming out while I'm more likely to spend money on clothes than I was when closeted, I'm less likely to waste it. If it's something I'm on the fence about whether or not I would wear it in public, I usually put it back. Sometimes I miss out on stuff, like I'm still feeling like I wasted the chance to buy a corduroy dress at old navy last fall, but at the same time glad I didn't spend $30 on something that just hogs closet space. I feel like when I was closeted I would just buy random things out of an urge to have new women's clothes, even if they didn't look great on me, because wearing them out wasn't really a consideration. Now I only buy stuff I know I'll wear, which means I'm more discerning about what I'll spend my money on.

I did lose some stuff in a purge a few years ago that I can't replace and that sucks, but it was a lesson learned that I needed to be more proud of who I am not try to chuck a part of me out to the curb.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Purging is the biggest loss ever. Last big purge cost me big bucks nobody should do this or want to do this ever. Less than (2 weeks) I was back buying again dumb dumb dumb. This time some items cost more. Box it up and put in storage. Much cheaper in the long run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Since the Sixties

Haven't every purged

If you're comfortable with who you are, why purge?

Me, I'm happy with the clothes I've accumulated over the years, some of which would now be deemed "vintage", just as I'd be called "mature". As styles change, some things you'd find on the racks 10 years ago are unobtainable now, and since fashion is a personal thing, there's no "progress"--just what you like. We're here because what we like differs from "ordinary people", and so it's not surprising that we often disagree with current trends. (I mean, not to be judgmental, but how dumb are "destroyed jeans"?).

Just last week I stumbled across a stretchy ankle-length tube skirt I bought in the late 90s. This, along with a transparent pirate blouse and spaghetti strap top from the oughties and just last week made a look I liked a lot which couldn't have been composed without the history in the attic.

Don't purge--merge!

Been there done that. The only purging I do these days is when it is worn out or I have not worn it in a year.

I purged so many times before that I can't remember what I lost. Now I am kind of glad to have been able to re-buy many of the items. I will never purge again. I learned my lesson after probably 20+ purges. Although it's not a bad idea to clean out some of those items which you now regret buying. Besides it just gives you more space for more clothes.
    Michelle

the cost of Purging

There are several kinds of purging:

1. Making room for new stuff. ( sometimes necessary )(the price, new cloths )

2. having to dispose of things because you are afraid of being caught. ( not such a good Idea but understandable ) (the Price regret and fear )

3.Getting mad and trying to force yourself to man up and stop cross-dressing, Because you think you believe it is wrong. ( Never good) ( The price: having to start over and over again until you learn that that you are who you are: Finding a way to like yourself again: and never being able to find those awesome shoes because the store closed and they are not available any more )

Kelly