Thread: Therapist

Therapist

Last edited by Stephenie; 02-03-2010 at 03:36 PM.
    Stephenie

I do not have any experiance with your Dr. as I live in MN but wish you the best. I have been seeing a therapist for 6 months now and starting HRT soon, physical on Thursday morning.

Hugs Teri

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    It's great that you are going to see a therapist. no matter what the outcome if both of you have an open mind you will learn an awful lot about yourself.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    No I am sorry. I never went to a therapist. Now if you dont mind doing it over the phone I do have a database of good therapists I refer a lot of the girls where I work to.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    No I am sorry. I never went to a therapist. Now if you dont mind doing it over the phone I do have a database of good therapists I refer a lot of the girls where I work to.

Katie can you share? I am having a difficult time finding one in the KC area. I have a lead on one that comes highly recommended but if he does not pan out I am going to look for a solution like you suggest.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Dual
    I as well am looking for a therapist in the Portland, Oregon area. I have decided to go and talk with the professionals about my needs.

Coda...
    I don't know you can bypass the standards of care and still get SRS in US, Europe, or Canada. So I guess Thailand. As much as I wanted to just up and take a plane for SRS, I saw the logic in going through the medicaly accepted procedures...even if a few of them are a bit arbitrary...

Dual
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie View Post
    Well I have an appointment in two weeks with a Gender therapist.

Do any of you girls have any experiance with a Dr. P. Fawver, from Tacoma WA?
    Maybe you have a list of therapists in the area or connections I do not. I see we are not to far away from eachother.

Hope all goes great with your first meeting...all the best..GG

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar
    I don't think I'm quite there yet, but good luck.
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

Good luck with you therapy/therapist. Ive seen a few female therapists that 'specialized' in issues relating to transexualism, crossdressing, etc., and they were all nice, fairly professional, and tried to be helpfull. But after alot of hours - and alot of dollars - in the end it did not help me. Im not trying to discourage you but I would tell you to be realistic in your expectations of what you hope to achieve in your therapy. Therapy is not a magic pill.

Luv and hugs
    Patti Remick
    Last edited by Patti Remick; 02-01-2010 at 12:24 PM.

No thoughts of a magic pill, But do need to talk with some one knowledgable face to face. Some one with out an emotional bias.
    Stephenie

Quote Originally Posted by Teri Jean View Post
    I do not have any experiance with your Dr. as I live in MN but wish you the best. I have been seeing a therapist for 6 months now and starting HRT soon, physical on Thursday morning.

Hugs Teri
    @Teri Jean: I may be missing something, but I cannot seem to reply to you directly. Sorry if I'm doing something wrong.

I live in the Minneapolis Metro area and am looking for a therapist who is gender fluid knowledgeable. I'm not TS, but more than just "fetish-CD" and I think some professional insight could be helpful. I would be interested in some people on your "list" (hopefully they'll be ones covered by my insurance). I can give you an email address if that's better.

Thanks!!

I have seen you make this exact post before, and each time it has troubled me. There is the strident disregard for those in the psychological profession that is troubling, but even more so is your apparent willingness to refer people to therapists to people you can't possibly know anything about - other than that they advertise that they work with the TG community. As a professional, I would NEVER refer anyone to someone I did not personally know to be a competent practitioner. It is one thing (and a completely acceptable thing) to say "I know that Dr. Howser advertises that he works with the TG community, but I don't know anything else about him, or if he is even competent to do that work..." But that is a LOT different than providing a referral.

But perhaps what I find most troubling is your apparent unwillingness to simply post this list, or to provide a link to this supposed list of professionals, on line where others can benefit from it. To make it available to all, as others have asked you to do. Instead - you want people to call you up personally? For what possible reason? Hoarding information like that is a means of keeping oneself at the center of a community, and it can go a long way to make people feel important - but surely you have a better reason than that?
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe